VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]9 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 10:30
Author: Mike Carris - 20 Aug 2001
Subject: Prana and transmutation

From Mike Drake:

PY states that the advanced yogi transmutes OXYGEN ATOMS into “life current”, BODILY CELLS into “pure energy”, and BREATH into “mind”. These plainly describe changes from observable to nonobservable states, not mere “changes in awareness.”

What you have said here makes my
point exactly. The change that takes place can not be observed with the rational mind. It takes a change of awareness in order to understand the transmutation, as they both happen together.

I have futher said that trying to explain a yogic process in scientific terms is like trying to fit four dimensions in a three dimensional space. One can only try. Is it possible that the real truth here is that you do not understand Yoganandas point and don't care too?

What is the relationship between oxygen and prana (Life Force)? Why does a yogi do kriya pranayama? Has science seen or experimented with prana yet? How should we explain the process of pranayama which is a method, (like a hansa separating milk from water),
to extract prana from oxygen? Is the term "transmute" really that far fetched?
Not to me. If I were doing it then, I have transmuted oxygen to pure energy, through Kriya yoga. It is just a method of trying to describe something.

MD:
PY’s enigmatic remark about cognizing the breath as an act of mind (a “dream breath”) thus has no bearing on my argument.

It has a huge bearing on your argument because it is the process in which the change as well as the observation takes place. Perform the experiment, and practice Kriya Yoga to see for your self.

MD:
As to logic, well, it is only a formal tool that tests whether one proposition follows from another – a useful, probably indispensable tool in gauging our observations of reality, but only one tool. Logic certainly isn’t an “end.” I don’t even know what it would mean for logic to be an end.

It would mean to believe that with logic one may be able to understand that which transcends the sphere of Vigyan-mai kosha. It is not possible.

MD:
BTW, remarks on this board seem to suggest the strange idea that rationality is somehow opposed to spirituality or spiritual experience. But even PY himself seems to think it advisable to seek God rationally.** The existence of God being subsumed by (or contiguous with) reality, surely PY would find it just as advisable to rationally seek the truth.

What I have said is that logic or rationality is not the goal, and after some time, a poor means as well.

Mike Carris

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.