VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678[9] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 11:00
Author: ketch - 29 Apr 2001
Subject: The Secret Place Of The Most High

WHERE IS THE SECRET PLACE OF THE MOST HIGH?

An interpretation of the ninety-first Psalm by Dr M. W. Lewis.
SRF Hollywood Temple, July 4, 1954.

“He that dwelleth in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty” (v.1)

What does the “secret place of the Most High” mean to you? Have you found it? Have you made it your own?
The secret place of the Most High can only be that place which is beyond ordinary waking consciousness, and is secret to this world and its consciousness of duality. It is that place where we can contact God's consciousness: and it is secret because it cannot be entered with outward or worldly consciousness.
This secret place of the Most High has been spoken of throughout the ages: as the “spiritual eye,” the “door to heaven,” the Kutastha or “Christ Centre.” It is located in the middle of the forehead, between the two eyebrows. When you can turn your consciousness inward and unite it with the divine consciousness there in the Christ Centre, you are in the presence of God.
Once you are in His presence, in that secret place of the Most High, you are protected from all adverse conditions or happenings; you are “under the shadow of the almighty.” The Master Paramahansa Yogananda told me, “No one can touch you, no force in the universe can harm you, if your consciousness is fixed within at this point in your forehead, in contact with God’s presence.” I have mentioned many times my experience when caught in a dangerous storm out in the ocean. Remembering Paramahansaji’s words, I concentrated at that point, the secret place of the Most High. And through the Master, God responded and I was saved – for truly nothing can touch you when you are in His presence. He who is the maker of universe upon universe is our greatest Protector. Why don’t we realise it and make the effort to get into His presence? No power in creation can reach us then, in that secret place of the Most High.

“I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress; my God, in Him will I trust.” (v.2)

We are apt to put our trust and faith in worldly things, which pass away. But since He is the Author of all things, should we not put our trust in Him? We find it difficult because the delusion of worldly consciousness is so strong. God has made it very hard for us. But if we persevere, we can rise above every difficulty and merge in His presence. Then we shall realise these eternal truths.

“He shall cover thee with His feathers and under His wings thou shalt trust; His truths shall be thy shield and buckler.” (v.4)

This means that the realisation of God comes by contacting Him. In that communion we have a very efficient shield against all troubles, against all evils. As we learn more and more to depend un God, rather than on people or material resources, we realise that truth. We know it now, in theory; I am sure each one of us feels the truth of it, that it is so. But to make it our own is another matter. To make God a reality takes more than an understanding of theory. We must experience the truth to attain its realisation.

“Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the Most High, thy habitation, there shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.” (v. 9, 10)

This is the promise given when we have penetrated the secret place of the Most High God. And why shall “no evil befall thee”? The answer is given in the next verse.

“For He shall give His angels charge over thee to keep thee in all thy ways.” (v. 11)

“Angels” here means conscious rays of spiritual light. You and I, although we may not be aware of it, are bundles of energy, or life force. And if we can perceive through intuitive sight, we will see the light radiating from that force. God is the Great Light, the different rays of which are a tremendous force throughout countless universes. Some of those protecting rays watch over us whenever we make the contact with God. He is the Great Reality. The way to gain His protection is not just gueswork. Once we make the connection with Him, then immediately – because this is the science of all sciences – those rays protect us.
This should not be hard to understand if we stop to think that our food is digested, and assimilation goes on, but we have nothing to do with it. How is it possible? Because there are rays of spiritual energy directing digestion, assimilation, circulation, respiration, and so on. If those rays can take care of our physical needs in our bodies, in what greater ways will God take care of us as His own children! We must comprehend these eternal truths.
If we have loved God, and God really means something to us we can be reassured by these words:

“Because he hath set his love upon Me, therefore will I deliver him; I will set him on high, because he hath known My name.” (v. 14)

“My name” is Aum: God’s manifestation as Cosmic Intelligent Vibration. This Holy Vibration, with its sound and light, is the proof of God’s presence in us. We have that proof at the Christ Centre in the forehead. If we consciously merge in and know that Cosmic Vibration, we can know God. Then He will watch over us and take care of us. And because we are one with Him, with His Holy Vibration, we have oneness with His omniscience, His power, His strength, as His will directs. This is the meaning of God'’ promise “ I will set him on high.”

“He shall call upon Me and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honour him.” (v. 15)

Here is the important point: to call upon God. We call upon Him by contacting Him; then He will answer. It is He who is sitting in us, behind our thoughts, emotions, and will. But we must call Him, really call upon Him, to make the contact. Then He will respond: “…I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble…and honour him.” When we become very humble, we are honourable in God’s sight. That is the greatest achievement.

“With long life I will satisfy him, and shew him My salvation.” (v. 16)

When God shows us that the eternal reality is His consciousness and His omniscience, we shall have long life – and salvation.

Taken from the Spring 1984 SRF magazine.
Copyright SRF

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.