VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678[9] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 11:39
Author: Mike Drake - 10 Jun 2001
Subject: Re: Taking the Discussion Further
In reply to: ketch - 10 Jun 2001 's message, "Re: Taking the Discussion Further" on 11:38

The question isn't whether Yogis ever die during public ceremonies after giving speeches.* The question is whether they would OPT to do so.** Simpliciter, this just strikes me as highly unlikely. It is doubly unlikely here where Yogananda was apparently introducing another speaker.***

The tale of "all" vital signs being "gone" by the time people went to attend to Yogananda is suspiciously incomplete. Which people? What vital signs? How long before someone competent to locate and monitor such vital signs was on the scene?****

In any case, if Yogananda foresaw or selected the moment of his death, why did he "fall to the floor"?

___
NOTES
* Folks who live their lives in the public eye are more likely to die there. E.g., at least two famous comedians have died onstage after telling a joke. (Is this "remarkable timing"?)

** And if they did so opt, why not say something? E.g., "Dear friends, in a few moments I will be leaving my body and passing into the infinite."

*** I take it an introduction is supposed to direct attention to the the person being introduced, and I also take it that dying would thwart this purpose. As to the allegedly "widely quoted" speech: Do we know who was quoting from it, how selectively they quoted from it, and what their source was?

**** BTW, what specific facts here are inconsistent with an episode of some sort of heart failure?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.