VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678[9] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 11:47
Author: ketch - 14 Jun 2001
Subject: Re: Taking the Discussion Further
In reply to: Mike Drake - 12 Jun 2001 's message, "Re: Taking the Discussion Further" on 11:46

My comments about sceptics behaviour were general comments. However they were prompted by your stating opinions as fact, as I did point out.

As far as prejudice is concerned, yes I do believe that you are prejudiced i.e. that you have already made up your mind on these matters before you came here (just as most of us have also made up our minds in favour of the opposite conclusions).

"No (and I mean no) objective medical basis has been provided to support the claim that the cause of death could not be heart failure (as was officially pronounced), stroke, or some other natural pathology."

What conceivable medical evidence could there possibly be? The fact is that Mahasamadhi is not recognised by medical science as a cause of death. We do not know what, if any, physical evidence is left when a yogi leaves his body for the last time.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.