VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678[9] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 11:52
Author: ketch - 15 Jun 2001
Subject: Re: Taking the Discussion Further
In reply to: Mike Drake - 14 Jun 2001 's message, "Re: Taking the Discussion Further" on 11:48

Once again you state your opinion as if it were a fact.

I looked up the word prejudice in my Pocket Collins dictionary and it gave as a definition "preconceived opinion; bias".

In the Oxford English Dictionary it gives:

An adverse judgment or opinion formed beforehand or without knowledge or examination of the facts.
A preconceived preference or idea.
The act or state of holding unreasonable preconceived judgments or convictions.

In the Merriam-Webster online dictionary it gives:

2 a (1) : preconceived judgment or opinion (2) : an adverse opinion or leaning formed without just grounds or before sufficient knowledge b : an instance of such judgment or opinion c : an irrational attitude of hostility directed against an individual, a group, a race, or their supposed characteristics

Do not therefore tell me that the "normal" meaning of the word is something different, and that my usage is misleading.

Let us just clarify some facts here. This is a Kriya Yoga board. Most people here are practicing Kriya, while others are hoping to learn. You came here, unexpectedly, making several aggressive posts deriding our beliefs and convictions, and implying (unintentionally I hope) that we are all gullible and naive. Your posts are offensive to many here, and yet you demand a retraction from me over a very minor matter of semantics.

Full marks for cheek pal, but none for attitude.

Your posts have been interesting and your arguments have been quite well presented on most occasions. Please continue to make these posts if you wish, but do not feign offense when people respond.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.