VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678[9] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 11:54
Author: Mike Drake - 6 Jun 2001
Subject: Retraction: Ketch Is Right

I have led the discussion astray in attributing the "dual star with a 24,000 year orbital period" to Yogananda. Although Yogananda makes reference to the doctrine, it is only in a footnote that cites Yukteswar, and cannot fairly be characterized as an important adoption.

I may have mentioned that I got caught up in this issue with a friend in debate. My friend must have stipulated that this was Yogananda's own belief. I guess I illicitly imported that stipulation into the discussion here. Sorry about that.

Some may still consider the issue relevant, since it is still a theory clearly attributable to Yukteswar. I'll leave it to you.

I would be delighted, though, if someone could find a scientific prediction anywhere in the Autobiography. If this hypothesis isn't Yogananda's, then I don't think he ever made a scientific hypothesis. It is therefore hard for me to understand how his autobiography (or any portion of it) is "scientific."

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.