VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678[9] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 19:35
Author: Hendrik - 7 Jun 2001
Subject: Re: Interesting article by a Kundalini victim
In reply to: Mac - 7 Jun 2001 's message, "Re: Interesting article by a Kundalini victim" on 19:34

Yes, I have heard of one SRF student who got into psychological problems probably as a result of Kriya practice and Mother Center told him that his "Kundalini got out of control" - that was the only help he received. But what else should they tell him?!

At the bottom of the article there is a link to more such stories. What struck me with this web site is that it is based apparently on a network of c. 500 people having had Kundalini experiences, but the majority of those who have to say anything about their experiences are either negative or mixed about them, many have given up yoga as a consequence. This is in total contrast to the popular beliefs about Kundalini.

Years ago I read a book by one Dr. Goel who went through hell for many years after awakening his Kundalini. It was sheer horror, eventually he arrived at blissful Samadhi states, but only after staying more than a decade in hell and at times on the verge of death. He later said he had committed a grave mistake by meddling with these energies prematurely and discouraged the reader to repeat this experiment in the way he had done it.

It appears to be of utmost importance to deal with this energy at the right time, in the right way, and under competent guidance.

As for me, I simply don't see the need to hurry. I suffered from depressed and dejected conditions for a couple of years even without Kundalini. I wonder why I should rush and practice hundreds of pranayama a day as some advise. To give out such general advice is definitely irresponsible and a grave mistake. As we see from first-hand reports, Kundalini gone berserk gives not enlightenment but a total nervous breakdown, intense pain, and a ruined psyche. So one should be careful.

For a long time I felt so bad that I had to stop all practice entirely. Now I am back to it again, but after watching the nutcases of the spiritual world I became cautious and reduced the number of pranayams to a minimum and concentrate more on other Kriyas instead, although I am in the lucky situation to practice under direct personal guidance.

Arbitrary high-voltage Kriya practice may be not unlike a solo trip to the Himalayas crossing a vast Indian jungle without proper preparations to shield oneself from the dangers lurking there, without the most essential medicine, weaponry, an experienced guide etc. In such a way you may get into a similar situation as the protagonist in Eugene O'Neill's play The Emperor Jones and go mad while stumbling around in a jungle by night.

Right balance in life is everything, and this applies also to sadhana. Cautiousness can't be wrong either even if "the kingdom of God can only be taken by storm".

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.