VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678[9] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 19:38
Author: Frank - 18 Jun 2001
Subject: Re: Interesting article by a Kundalini victim
In reply to: Hendrik - 17 Jun 2001 's message, "Re: Interesting article by a Kundalini victim" on 19:37

Dear Hendrik....It is the "guru/disciple relationship" that is most confusing to me. I see Yogananda as one my teachers; nothing magical here at all. I wanted very much to become an official member of SRF but this confusion has held me up. Also, my experience with some of the members on the message boards has been pretty scary.

Since my Kriya initiation has come down from the Yogananda/Yukteswar/Lahiri Mahasaya line, I am trying to remain open to a more personal relationship with the Gurus, if this is possible for me. We where not reqiured to take an oath for Kriya initiation, but I was required to wait over a year from the time I had requested it. During that time it was asked that I visit the center monthly for the group meditations and dinners and interact with the other student/devotees.

I have always felt a certain emotional attachment to SRF and esp. Daya Mata. I think that despite all of the negative issues of SRF, it represents a very high standard of Yogananda's work. But I may be a little to liberal for this group. I always felt that the loyality issues brought up on the various SRF boards were nothing a guilt trip imposed on those who did not agree with the more dominant members. It was once suggested to me that even reading books not published by SRF was a sign of disloyality. I am sure that this is not shared by the majority of SRF members. Maybe "The Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna" by M could be required reading by every student of Yogananda? At the very least, one could see that Yogananda's teachings are universally shared, and not "owned" by any one group.

Frank

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.