VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678[9] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 19:46
Author: ketch - 8 Jun 2001
Subject: Re: Thoughts of the Day
In reply to: Hendrik - 8 Jun 2001 's message, "Thoughts of the Day" on 19:44

I don't take this type of story seriously at all. I think this is just an evangelical Christian lying about her past in an attempt to convert people to her beliefs.

Here is a good example of something it is hard to take seriously.

When I first started to do Eastern meditation, I felt an incredible peace. I felt that I was fading away and merging with something greater. It seemed I was literally one with the universe...

Nearly everyone here has started eastern meditation. How many beginers can honestly say they have had the experiences she relates? I think she hast just read descriptions of the experiences of yogis and has based her supposed experiences on these.

I think the vast majority of what is written about yoga and meditation is absolute rubbish, and doubly so when it is written by born again Christians opposed to the practice.

Hendrik, a minor correction to your statement In fact only on the cross he uttered, "I and my father are one". This comes from John 10:30 well before the crucifiction.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.