VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678[9] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 18:39
Author: Hendrik - 15 Jun 2001
Subject: Re: SRF machinations
In reply to: Dwayanu - 15 Jun 2001 's message, "Re: SRF machinations" on 18:36

Someone had sent me an excerpt from "Sacred Science", and what I found was a tissue of imagination.

I have found no evidence so far that Paulsen can be classified as a "fraud", but I like to call him the Erich von Däniken of Kriya Yoga. In my view he is a victim of his imaginations, his books will be tough to read. Look at the writings of great yogis and you will find that they perceive the essential truths as unbelievably simple, or inexplicable. Whereas Paulsen presents an endless series of past life regressions, mythology, UFO stories, world cycle theories he borrowed from other authors etc.

One of the last photos in CC shows Kirpal Singh, and Paulsen - mentioning him nowhere else in the book, comments in passing that he was one of the builders of the universe!

A friend of Paulsen's - an SRF minister - during the time Paramhansaji was still alive warned him of setting out on his own because of his naive character.

I have read several excerpts from the first version of the CC book ("Sunburst" was the original title) which appeared to be utter hogwash, mere science fiction, quite unlike the style of the excerpt on Jean Haupt that I reproduced in another message. Perhaps he has deleted some of the more drastic stuff from later editions in order to save his credibility. He is getting older, and maybe wiser.

Moreover Paulsen teaches Kriya without being authorized in any way. And he changed the Kriyas considerably by adding all kinds of unnecessary visualisations which all reflect his individual state of mind. And sells this as "improved" Kriya. Especially doubtful IMHO is the inclusion of Christ imaginations into parts of the Kriya techniques, which I will not elaborate on further here.

Paulsen may deserve respect for what he has attained, but I don't see why he should be honored unduly for his UFO and science fiction work. Shall we applaud L. Ron Hubbard for his UFO and science fiction work? Maybe the false sectarianism that brainwashes people starts just at the point where we are made to understand by some people to keep silent and indulge in awe of the greatness of a person, as we have seen in the case of a pretender like Ned/Kashi.

Hendrik

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.