VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Friday, December 04, 01:29:09pmLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678[9]10 ]

Visit the Miss TnT World Forum.(Updated!)
Visit the Trinidad & Tobago Carnival Forum.

Miss Trinidad & Tobago Universe 2011
Gabrielle Walcott

Miss Trinidad & Tobago Universe 2010
La Toya Woods

Miss Trinidad & Tobago World 2007
Valene Maharaj
Congrats to Valene
for winning the Queen of the Caribbean title
and placing 4th at
Miss World 2007 Competition!

Miss Trinidad & Tobago World 2006
Tineke De Freitas

Miss Trinidad & Tobago Universe 2006
Kenisha Thom
Congrats to Kenisha on making the top 10 at Miss Universe!

Miss Trinidad & Tobago 2005
Magdalene Walcott
Congrats to Maggie on making the top 15 at Miss Universe 2005!

Miss Trinidad & Tobago 2004
Danielle Jones
Congrats to Danielle on making the top 5 at Miss Universe 2004!

Also Congrats on placing 3rd in the national costume competition..

Miss Trinidad & Tobago 2003
Faye Alibocas

Congrats to Faye on making the Top 10 at Miss Universe 2003!

Miss Trinidad & Tobago 2002
Nasma Mohammed

Miss Trinidad & Tobago 2001
Alexia Charlerie

Miss Trinidad and Tobago 2000
Heidi Rostant

Miss Trinidad and Tobago 1999
Nicole Dyer

Winner of Best National Costume

Miss Universe 1998
Wendy Fitzwilliam
Wendy also won Best National Costume

Miss Trinidad and Tobago 1997
& 2nd runner up at Miss Universe

Margot Bourgeois

Miss Trinidad and Tobago 1996
& Top Model of the World 1998

Michelle Khan

Miss Trinidad and Tobago 1995
& 3rd runner up at Miss Universe
Arlene Peterkin

Miss Universe 1977
Janelle Penny Commissiong
Penny was also Miss Photogenic

Subject: my favs

Author:
mAXMUS
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, July 12, 01:34:39pm
Author Host/IP: cuscon46896.tstt.net.tt/190.58.62.82

u kno monkey see monkey do sooooo...here are my favs! not a top 15 list but these are the girls i like:

albania
venezuela
panama
and yuh we home girl anya!

i havent seen the vids of the other girls, they're just my sentimental favs...lol.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Subject: Anya

Author:
Adrian
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, July 10, 12:53:02pm
Author Host/IP: dsl-3-173.lisacommunications.com/200.3.181.173

Hello Everyone,

One behalf of Peter, Alyson, Bobby and of course our star girl Anya I say to all of you a big thank you for your constant support. Overall we are all very pleased with Anya's representation. Everyone in Vietnam is captivated with this young woman, from the security at the hotel to the waiters in the resturants, she has managed to charm them all. Her performance on stage was easy and effortless and she looked so elegant in that very beautiful gown designed by Peter.

Anya felt very very very very good about her interview and felt from beginning to end it went the way she wanted and she was able to tell the story she wanted to tell. We feel confident that Anya has shown that she can do the job and do the job well. The rest is up to the judges. What I can say is that Anya did this in her own way, she was real and true to herself, this is something we encourage in all of our representatives.

There is no doubt that if Anya were to be given the opportunity to hold the title for a year, she would totally redefine the way the title is perceived. We should all be very proud that this daughter of our soil has presented herself as a classy, intelligent and beautiful women with a strong and generous creative spirit. Unfortunately the pictures and videos are not able to fully showcase her magnificant aura. Our beautiful, creative, complex, animated, graceful, forthright, dynamic, engaging and empathetic Miss Trinidad and Tobago.

She played her mas everyday in Vietnam beautifully I feel confident that the world will get to see her continue her amazing dance thoughout the night on Sunday. Once again to everyone thank you and a special thanks to Ian who has built an amazing tribute page for Anya on face book do check it out and leave your greetings. http://clik.to/misstnt

[> Subject: Thanks to Anya

Author:
PB
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, July 10, 01:14:01pm
Author Host/IP: NoHost/64.28.142.9

Wow... Now i'm very reassured. I feel very happy and honored to have Anya as our representative to Miss Universe. I would like to say Thank you guys Adrian, Alyson, Bobby and Peter for showcasing and developing young women in TnT. Thank You soo much.

And THANK YOU Anya, for being yourself and for wanting this. Come sunday I will be shouting your name!!!

[> [> Subject: Anya's Gown.

Author:
Colorado,USA
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, July 11, 09:29:52am
Author Host/IP: smtp2.patinaoil.com/66.28.222.66

I cannot belive the choice of Gown for Miss Trinidad and Tobago.Why on earth would you want to hide the sexiness of the delegate.Remember MU 1998, Wendy showed elegance and class in her gown.Anya's gown, hides her, looks like a ruufle of cloth gone wrong and she did not carry that dress off well in the presentation show.She should have stuck to that red gown in the pageant photos, she would have done much better.The experimenting that goes on with Elias and Asscoicates is unbeliveable.Why change a formula that works?????
Anyway, I am still cheering Anya on and please someone tell her to tone down the accessories, they distract not enchance.

All the best Miss Trinidad and Tobago 2008.Here is to seeing Gabby win for Miss World in November if Anya doesn't.

[> [> [> Subject: OK............

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, July 11, 10:19:43am
Author Host/IP: c-76-101-51-85.hsd1.fl.comcast.net/76.101.51.85

You have your opinion. But, I would not put a gown on Anya that would showcase her sexiness to much. Wendy's gown suited her body structure. You have to keep in mind the girl and what cimpliments her look best. This gown is a very good choice for Anya. It tones her down a bit and she looks very elegant and classy. I also will disagree about the accessories too. I think it looks great and it hightlights the gown even more. I will definietly keep the accessories. It is what makes her unique and different. I do not think the red gown would have a strong presence as this white one. I really like Anya's overall look with this gown I would keep it just as it is.

[> [> [> [> Subject: I agree

Author:
pattie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, July 11, 10:44:45am
Author Host/IP: cuscon62171.tstt.net.tt/190.58.121.253

Anya has sex appeal no doubt about it, but putting her in a va va voom sexy gown would have been too much! You can put her in a sack and she would still look sexy...lol! Thats why I agree the reason they put her in the white dress was to tone her down a bit, but in a way where she looks very classy. I love the accesories the give the dress a sort of grecian feel to me...without them she would look plain.

[> [> [> Subject: Final night Dress

Author:
PB
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, July 11, 11:32:04am

Wouldn't it be great if come sunday for the EG competition we see anya with the same dress she wore for the prelims but in black or even red??? Hrmm.. and maybe her hair down and straightened.. Wow.. Just a thought..

[> [> [> Subject: anya's gown

Author:
sloange
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, July 11, 03:10:48pm
Author Host/IP: 75-171-154-235.hlrn.qwest.net/75.171.154.235

I totally agree with you. I was there at the presentation show and after seeing Anya around before the show I was expecting great things from this girl. It is sad that here is another one of your representatives with soo much potential that her chances will be harmed by the awful choice of gown.
I still like her though and I hope the judges did too.

[> [> [> [> Subject: The gown

Author:
Pgwhizz
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, July 11, 03:53:22pm
Author Host/IP: bas13-toronto63-1096770214.dsl.bell.ca/65.95.98.166

So what's wrong with sexiness and sex appeal? I dont understand this whole 'tone down' stuff...Its Miss Universe! We are in the 21st century! Come on, the red dress is just fine and not too sexy...Anya is no way bordering on sluttiness with that red dress and even most of her pics! Why try to 'tone down' something that does not need...I pray she makes it though to the top5...I just dont like that dress for her! Its too Maggie, too much cloth/distraction...I am sorry but just being real...I love Anya but that dress was not for her! Last year and years before the top 15 mostly consisted 'sexy' delegates...this is not MISS WORLD!

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Ok.....

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, July 11, 09:04:24pm

I like reading peoples point of view. It never ceases to amaze me how people differ in opinions. Which is not at all a bad thing. I for one as you may have read is totally opposite to what you like for Anya. I prefer this white gown 100 times more than that red one. You just saw one picture of that red gown and thought it was better than this white one?. If its a choice between either gowns. The white id way better.

And no one said that anything was wrong with showing sexines and or sex appeal. But, alot of you guys fail to relaise or grasp the fact that something like the red gown may not be the right choice for Anya. I think she stood out in a wonderful way. Why do you think so many people are talking about her and the gown. You mentioned last year. But, last year MIss Universe Riyo Mori did not had a very sexy type of a gown, did she?. And why did not Kenisha make the top 5 at MU 2006?. But Paraguay wearing just a simple flowered dress. So, what you may think is best may not necessarily be the best for Anya.

[> Subject: Oh gorm Adrian,

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, July 10, 01:15:36pm
Author Host/IP: cpe-66-65-16-174.nyc.res.rr.com/66.65.16.174

When will you be going to the finals of either MW or MU. Peter goes to MU and Alyson to MW. I eh see ah picture of you yet at either event. Anyways, let me stop troubling you yes.

Thanks for visiting. Ian has indeed done a wonderful facebook page, John has kept the MT&TU voyforum in fantastic shape and Pageant Critic has really kept the photos of Anya constantly up-to-date on this forum. Thanks to them all.

The best work we know however was done by you (ah know ah boldface for not mentioning Peter first) as can be heard any time Anya opens her mouth, Peter for the very uniquely different unexpected gown design, Alyson for stage performance and also to all 3 of you for the constant advice, attention to detail, energy and grand effort that went into developing Anya into a super competitor. Yes I know Anya did alot and she has scores of people praising her but we know on this forum that if it was not for the 3 of our co-franchise holders, T&T's MU and MW reps would be in a mess. So a big thank you to you Adrian, Peter and Alyson and the other people behind the scenes that assisted in Anya's development. We are very proud of our girl and your fantastic team.

Whatever the outcome on Sunday, we know your team gave their best and Anya gave her best. God bless your team and Anya!

[> [> Subject: Pressure...

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, July 10, 01:18:35pm

...ah did ent mean to forgot Bobby- Bobby yuh know yuh get nuff respect and love from the Trini posse-right!

[> [> Subject: Thank You Adrian...

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, July 11, 06:24:20am

Thank you so much for visiting us. It is always to nice to see you guys and hear from you. I want to say how pleased we are to have you guys train and develop the young women in T&T. You guys ROCK!.

Trini77 said it all. Alyson, Peter and Adrian, the dynamic trio and of course Bobby. Peter, I want to say how I really like the gown choice for Anya. You did and amazing job. How do you do it?...smile.

I know Anya will make an excellent Miss Universe and she has the support of everyone that frequents this board.

To you Trini77, you have done an amazing job as well. in being a true ambassador for the beauties of Trinidad and Tobago. Thank you, and to everyone else like John, Ian and so many others.

Anya For The Crown!!

[> [> [> Subject: I Agree With Adrian..

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, July 11, 07:07:21am

You can not fully tell how a person is or what they truly look like from videos and pictures. This is the reason why so many people get carried away with their prediction list. Remember its the judges who see these ladies close up and communicate with them one on one. Thats why when final night reaches alot of people are surprised by who makes the cut.

I know Anya is one of the best this year and as Adrian said she is going to definitely shine and show the world her beauty from inside and out on final night. I have full confidence Anya can win Miss Universe. She is going to blow them away on sunday night.

[> Subject: Anya

Author:
JustMe
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, July 10, 01:49:04pm
Author Host/IP: pool-71-165-222-68.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net/71.165.222.68

It is very good to know that Anya did well in her interview, I was wondering about that. Getting some feedback from someone in Vietnam is great, and I love what you said about the effect Anya is having on the the people there.

All the best to Anya, continue to do TnT proud.

Author:
pattie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, July 11, 10:37:32am
Author Host/IP: cuscon62171.tstt.net.tt/190.58.121.253

I am so happy to hear that Anya's interview went so well and she feels very confident about it. I'm not surprised because she is very intelligent. I am sure Anya will more than do well and represent her country to the best of her ability.

Well done to the PE&A team!

[> [> Subject: Why the big discussion over the gown...

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, July 12, 10:26:47am

...PE&A are not known to change gowns so I don't see it happening although as someone mentioned earlier the same design in red or another color would have made the gown pop alot more onstage.

Is this Peter's best design? NO WAY!-you are really delusional if you believe it is, or have not seen his previous work. In my opinion this is the most risky design I have seen from Peter when I look at the young lady he had to work with. Anya is not Wendy and we can compare her gown to the one Wendy wore but they are totally 2 different women. Wendy is tall and svelte while Anya, for all intents and purposes, is short and sexy and more toned. The question we should all ask is whether the gown is right for the person wearing it. I don't think this is the best design from Peter and it depends on the judging panel. A designer, a model and a former MU are on the panel-maybe they can appreciate the gown more than us or conversely, the opposite may be. I personally don't think this is the best I have seen Anya at. To me Anya has that Va-va-voom quality when she is on point but this gown just deflates that-this is my opinion so don't pong. I was expecting Anya to be in a gown that would basically "bi*ch slap" the other other competitors into place, but that is not what Peter is going for. This is the first time I am saying this but I am going to stand by Peter's design based on the fact that he generally knows what MU wants and is on-point for styling. The gown to me is O.K.-it is really subjective judging-Paraguay's sleepwear made it to top 5 in 2006 so anything could happen.

The design is good and I hope Anya nails her stage performance. She is still in the top 5 running. We all know she could talk a storm around these other favorites-She has intelligence, confidence, a grace in the way she says stuff and charm to win over all the judges once in the final five. Just pray people and keep the positivity flowing. I want to hear Anya in the final 5 Q&A segment.

God Bless MT&TU2008! Go for the crown Anya! The whole of T&T loves ya!

[> [> [> Subject: Forgot to mention...

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, July 12, 10:36:14am

...this is the first time that I get the feeling from reading posts that EVERYONE who has met with MT&T thinks that she is charming, beautiful and intelligent and they leave expecting alot from her for the finals. This just tells us what a fantastic representative we have this year. Adrian said it right when he said mas-Anya was dazzling from the time she landed in Vietnam and she has been charming and winning over everyone who meets her.

Subject: Other Forums....

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, July 12, 07:46:42am

I was just reading some post on the other forums. ALOT of people really thought Anya had one of the best gowns on the presentation show night. From the way she was styled to the accessories was complimented and praised. I really hope PE&A keep the look Anya had during the presentation show for the final night tomorrow. She looks fabulous and different from the rest. She stands out in such a wonderful way and many people have seen that and have her as one of the favorites. Peter once again you have done an amazing job with your design and sense of style. Anya is truly a top contender for the crown. You guys did everything right on the presentation show. Anya looked superb. Do not change a thing with her look for the final night. She is going to blow them away. Go for the crown Anya

[> Subject: Anya During Rehersal

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, July 12, 08:01:43am

[> [> Subject: Here Is The Picture

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, July 12, 08:04:42am

[> [> [> Subject: I think...

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, July 12, 08:30:01am

...T&T, Japan or Israel (if she changes that horrendous red flashy gown) are the well-favored delegates who could win.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Anya's face...

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, July 12, 08:34:31am

...looks fantastic in this shot.

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Another pic...

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, July 12, 08:38:45am

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Is it just me?

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, July 12, 10:31:21am

Anya's white gown looks like the long drapes (or whatever you call them are removable). I think underneath there is a very lovely white creation. I would not be surprised if after the EG competition the drapes disappear and we see her hair in a bun like in the orange outfit above or her hair down (provided she make top 5 (God willing!)

Subject: LIVE 57th MISS UNIVERSE 2008 ON NET

Author:
http://360.yahoo.com/missuniverse.2008
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, July 12, 08:35:03am
Author Host/IP: NoHost/117.3.131.42

Hello! I've been to the world of Anye Ayoung Chee , I have good news for you vt this image

http://360.yahoo.com/missuniverse.2008

Subject: Hey Folks...

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, July 11, 10:52:50pm

The prediction list for the T&T Missosology forum is up-Mexico is the predicted winner and Anya is 2nd with Venezuela 3rd.

On another note, as I mentioned earlier I had to score the delegates on SS and EG clips on the MU website for another list on the Missosology forum and I was a bit surprised with my some of my choices:
1. Venezuela
2. USA
3. Panama
4. India
5. Mexico
6. Trinidad and Tobago
7. Australia
8. Korea
9. Canada (don't believe she will make it though; looks too plastic)
10. Angola (really the strongest African delegate followed by Tanzania and South Africa)
11. Israel (will be surprised if she is not in the top 15)
12. Belgium
13. France
14. Dominican Republic
15. Georgia (don't think she will make it at all-I hate small video clips)
16. Ireland (can definitely see her in the top 15)
17. Japan (Expect her to be in the final 15)
18. Columbia (will be in the top 10 at least)
19. Russia
20. Cyprus
21. Thailand (Expect her to be in the final 15)

I know-some of my choices are very weird-I would have been happy if the vido clips were bigger so we could get a clearler look at the delegaes-in candid photos Canada's boobs tend to look horrendously fake and disgusting but I had to score them based on video alone so you really can't see alot of detail with the small clips on the website. Anyways, 8 ladies are in the running for the MU08 title-the top 7 on this list along with Columbia.

Subject: This Is What We Could Be Hearing Soon Again...

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, July 11, 10:37:24pm

Subject: All the best to our favorite Anya!

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, July 11, 04:02:16pm

Whether she places or not, wins the crown or only makes it to the semifinals, we know she did her best and as Adrian said, she dazzled Vietnam and us with her mas. Anya has 100% support and love from the Trini posse! God bless you MT&TU 2008!

[> Subject: No Doubt...

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, July 11, 10:24:29pm

in my mind that Anya will be up there to win Miss Universe. I read your post Trini77, so I decided to look at some of the contestants along with Anya from the presentation show. What I saw only further reiterate that Anya was indeed one of the best that night. I think people tend to be overly critical because they think Anya should act or be a certain way.

Looking at her during her presentation. I would not change anything much with her. She did an amazing job. I urge you to look at her videos without having any preconceived image of what should be. Anya was brilliant. Maybe you should read Adrian's post again. Ddid you not see his confidence in Anya doing very good on the final night?. Guy's Anya is fabulous and watch her shine on sunday night.

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, July 11, 08:48:10pm

Subject: O.K....

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, July 11, 09:44:18am

I am a bit nervous...I know...I can't remember ever being this nervous for a MT&T-I believe that it is the simplicity of her gown that has me a bit concerned. Either you like it or your don't. For me the first 2-3 seconds of seeing the gown should have the greatest impact and during the prelims when they turned on the spotlight I did not get the wow factor. After the entire walk it was obvious it was a good gown but I hope the judges saw it that way. Peter Elias knows if the prelim judges wait till near the end of the walk to enter the scores so I am pretty sure he knows what he is doing.

Anyways, on another note I had to score the MU delegates on SS and EG for a Missosology's Ambassador's predictions list or something to that effect. I actually ranked Angola inside the top 15 and way higher than SA (who is no where inside my top 15). People might want to pong me for saying this but I even ranked Tanzania higher than SA-I know it makes no sense-SA had the better body but the girl has no idea how to pose or walk properly on a stage. Additionally, on video Tanzania has a more beautiful face.
I scored Mexico, Venezuela, USA, Panama, and India higher than Anya.

[> Subject: Biggest Surprise...

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, July 11, 09:49:19am

after looking at all the prelim SS and gown pics is Miss Ireland who I believe (need to check) just made it into my top 15. I never saw that coming from a mile away.

[> Subject: African delegates

Author:
realistc analyst
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, July 11, 01:12:00pm
Author Host/IP: sto93-5-88-174-205-80.fbx.proxad.net/88.174.205.80

I soooo agree with you on the SA issue!! I don't know, maybe it's b/c I'm from Trinidad and used to seeing girls that look like her, (that indian-black-white mix, or something of the sort)that makes her look so whatever to me. She's def pretty, but really in that girl-round-de-corner look. her performances aren't special either. I'd be disappointed if she made the top 15! her spot could have gone to anybody else with more UMPPH!!

I certainly prefer Angola when it comes to the African delegates! I have her on my list. I have to say that her whole EG get-up was a little gaudy, but it reflected really nicely off her skin!! I hope the judges saw that!!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Anya!!

Subject: Missology's Blog

Author:
JustMe
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, July 11, 11:08:51am

I copied the following from Missology's guy in Vietnam who is doing the blog. It reads in part as follows:

I was very keen with Miss Czech Republic before but it looks like she disappointed me a lot during the swimsuit preliminaries. So did Miss Puerto Rico Ingrid Mendoza. Miss Japan Hiroko Mima is trying to fill a large shoe so all eyes are on her but she was scaled but end up wanting. Miss Singapore Shenise Wong also belonged to this category after making rather weird strides. Miss Trinidad and Tobago failed to wow me here. I was just hoping for more after I saw her personally. You will think of Anya as a beautiful and elegant girl if you will see her in person.

In the gown competition, what registered in our mind the most are the delegates who did twirl their gowns. Okay, this should be the basis on who did well but in the sea of beautiful women, the one who did something different registers in ones mind. Miss Colombia Taliana Vargas aced the gown competition while Miss South Africa Tansey Coetzee and Miss Trinidad and Tobago Anya Ayoung-Chee also stole our attention. Miss Venezuela did twirl her yellow gown but that is not the highlight of her performance. She’s queenly, composed and just amazing. She walked heavenly and she’s a delight to watch!

You can read the entire post at http://www.missosology.org/blog/

I agree with the opinion about Anya's swimsuit performance, her walk was fantastic but she really needed to use her hands and not have them hanging so weirdly from her body. In any event, I am really hoping Anya makes it into the top 15 and then really up her game from there. I also like how he mentioned that Anya is beautiful and elegant in person, it just confirms that she has what it takes to bring home the crown.

I am rooting for Anya all the way.

Subject: Anya at rehersals...

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, July 11, 09:34:54am

Subject: Anya's performance- i think she was overshadowed by the rather more imposing beauties this year...im afraid she would fail to make the cut...but im hoping for the best for anya...

Author:
mina
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, July 11, 02:03:05am
Author Host/IP: 122.55.11.200.pldt.net/122.55.11.200

[> Subject: I Do Not Agree

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, July 11, 06:11:04am

some of you guys are wanting to see something else in Anya. I think she did what she needed to do to secure her spot on final night and when finals reach she would take to another level. After thinking about it. I know Anya did what was best for her. She dont need to twist and turn alot. Her body speaks for itself. I know Anya will be up there for the crown on final night. Keep Anya in your prayers guys

Subject: Yes or No?

Author:
PB
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, July 10, 04:49:50pm

Should Anya straighten her hair for the final night? What do you guys have to say?

[> Subject: No....

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, July 11, 12:06:35am

The hair has to be up. If she make top 5 then I think they will remove all the drapes and maybe then do something different with the hair.

[> Subject: For Swimsuit....

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, July 11, 06:07:01am

I like the hair up for evening gown. but, for Swimsuit it may look better straighten and down

Subject: Anya!

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, July 10, 11:50:51pm

[> Subject: Cute roommates!

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, July 11, 12:23:36am

Subject: hi guys

Author:
C
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, July 10, 07:50:55pm
Author Host/IP: mail01.aopwv.com/207.154.59.124

Hi guys I am so sorry that I have not being really posting but I have been checking the message brd every day.

First up let me say that Anya looked FANTASTIC in the presentation show. Her body looked amazing in swimwear and she rocked the eveninggown portion. My winner.

thank u Adrian for ur comments that is y I am a huge fan of the pageant company. Hi trini77, pageant critic, maximus and company.

Subject: Please post your favorites for MU2008

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 09, 08:36:23pm

FRIDAY NIGHT I WILL UPDATE THE T&T MISSOSOLOGY'S FAV LIST TO THE FINAL PREDICTION LIST. Please rank your faves from 1st to 15th place. Thanks!

[> Subject: Drum Roll.................

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, July 10, 07:36:51am

Here is my picks....
Miss Universe: Miss Trinidad and Tobago
1st Runner Up: Miss USA
2nd Runner UP: Miss Colombia
3rd Runner UP: Miss Mexico
4th Runner Up: Miss Venezuela

Top 10
Australia
India
France
Russia
Panama

Top 15
Puerto Rico
Israel
Vietnam
South Africa
Kosovo

[> Subject: prediction list

Author:
realistic analyst
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, July 10, 08:22:33am

This is my official prediction list.

1* Mexico
2* Venezuela
3* Colombia
4* USA
5* T&T
6* Panama
7* India
8* Australia
9* Thailand
10* Korea
11* Japan
12* Angola
13* Puerto Rico
14* Vietnam
15* Belgium

I think my list will adjust slightly right after I see the SS performances on the final night. I must however explain a few of my placings.
PR, I'm hoping does not make it beyond top 15. Unfortunately b/c the competition is being held in that country next year I think that politics is going to give her a spot. Ms. PR blew me away in 2005 but now she just looks worn. Same with Vietnam- if she makes it beyond 15, it will be due to politics. Belgium is Trump's requisite blonde. lol!!! Frankly I prefer Israel to Belgium, but alas, she isn't blonde enough!

My top 5 are the same top 5 that I had at the begining of the competition which just means they've been pretty consistent throughout! Anya has to play her BEST game or else Panama can easily slither into her spot.

To PE&A, fantastic job, and to Anya love, we wish you all the best!!

[> [> Subject: Wow!

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, July 10, 08:39:32am

I think Angola is better than SA also but I did not like her EG for the prelims.

[> [> [> Subject: I Agree

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, July 10, 08:53:16am

I also think Angola is better than SA but as you said earlier. She may not make it. But, I would place her higher than SA.

[> [> Subject: Thanks for your lists. Here is my prediction list:

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, July 10, 12:59:38pm

Prediction list:
1. Mexico
2. Venezuela
3. Trinidad and Tobago
4. Panama
5. USA
6. Columbia
7. India
8. Australia
9. Korea
10. France
11. Japan
12. Dominican Republic
13. Puerto Rico
14. South Africa
15. Vietnam
Just outside: Thailand, Angola, Russia

Please note this is a prediction list so I don't really agree with everyone on it. My personal fav. list is slightly different. On my personal fav list. PR, Vietnam and South Africa would probably not be there. Angola in my personal opinion is the best African delegate but her unconventional facial beauty and very dark skin in my opinion will cause her to rank low with Asian prelim judges (yes I said it-we live in a real world and I can't sugarcoat it. Addtitionally, she could have made a better gown choice for the prelim). Trinis can appreciate Angola's beauty but not everyone is the same.

I personally think overall, Asia is weak-they have a few girls who look good but not fantastic-Thailand is one of them. She is not on my personal favs list but I expect her to do well in the prelims because it is an Asian host with half the panel as Asians/strong Asian ties. Similarly, Vietnam as the host does not have to be great-only o.k. in order to place. If Vietnam was not the host all she would be doing is clapping for the semi-finalists. Puerto Rico is O.K. enough to scrape into the top 15 but her only asset is her face-expect loads of make-up for the final because bodywise she is not worthy of top 10 placement (EVERY NOTICE HER BEST BODY SHOTS ARE FROM THE SIDE?) but I totally would not be surprised if she did make top 10-after all we all know PR is bidding to host MU2009. She looks old and worn out in her latest pics and I even read somewhere she was breaking out (Pepper spray anyone?). She knows she is not going to win (as most of us on this forum knew all along), I just hope they don't put her in the top 5 and waste our time.

Korea and Japan are the strongest asians but if either missed the final I would not miss them. However, Korea is a catwalk Diva so I expect her to make top 10. Japan is also very fashionable so I think she is a relatively safe top 15 bet.

From the pediction list I think anyone of my top 8 plus DR can make top 5. It will be interesting to see if Japan rides a way of fashion and favoritism to the top 5. It is very possible and the mostly Asian crown is going to want at least one Asian in top 5.

[> Subject: My prediction list

Author:
PB
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, July 10, 12:50:43pm

My list is the same as the last one i put up, with some alternates...

Philippines- I believe she will place. (sash spelling fiasco) hope i'm wrong.. I prefer Guam. Guam is a much better choice..

Kosovo- Fadil Berisha's girl... Colombia is a better choice

India- I dont like her.. I hope she does not place.. but everyone else seems to like her...

Venezuela- Very animated/childish... everyone loves her.. Very attractive..

USA- hrmm.. As much as i would like this year to be one of the very few that the USA does not place, i believe she will..

South Africa- She is very competitive...

Trinidad and Tobago.. Focused... complete package.. very well rounded.. Intelligent..

Korea- the "Diva" I like her.. She is spunky... I'm sure she will do well...

Panama- I dont think she will be ignored.. if she is, then Thailand instead...

Poland- Not on many lists but when i saw her she reminded me of Zorro dame.. Catherine Zeta-Jones.. I think she is hot regardless if she makes it or not.. If not her then Spain...

Vietnam- I think she will place...

Domincan Republic- She's cute... i think she would place. If not i would like to see Indonesia..

Puerto Rico-- Oh gosh.. I dont think she deserves to be in the top 15. Trump's Girl... should place.. but hope not ... I would love to give this spot to Japan.

Austrailia- She is good..

Mexico- I really like her... her mannerisms remind me of Danielle Jones.. the tilting of the head... Should do well...

My top 5?

Mexico
Austrailia
Trinidad and Tobago
Korea
Venezuela

[> [> Subject: Oye...

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, July 10, 01:30:43pm

...forgot Spain as one of my alternates for a top 15 spot.

Subject: Anya SwimSuit

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 09, 09:35:11am

[> Subject: hrmm

Author:
PB
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 09, 10:01:43am

She has a nice toned body but why did she not use her hands on her hips? It seems odd that in her stance she just left them hanging.. I wonder if it was on purpose? Following directions?

[> [> Subject: What?

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 09, 11:22:34am

Why is Anya constantly keeping her arms so straight and to her sides. It may be a distraction come final night. Does anyone know if she hurt her shoulder or something? I mean, I can't ever recall a delegate walk this way.

[> [> [> Subject: I am pretty sure...

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 09, 12:05:28pm

...Anya was following direction from Alyson and Peter. Her walk is good but she does look unsual when she makes no attempt to place her hand on her waist. Also when she is walking, it looks to me like she is not allowing her arms to swing freely -her wrists and hands almost look like dead things hanging off. Anyways, you get to see her body clearly. Anya is short and most of the favorites (although I think it is all of them) are tall. I trust that Peter and Alyson know what they are doing (we all know Anya speaks very well- so Adrian already Aced his role as interview coach). They want Anya to win too.

[> [> [> [> Subject: You Are Probably Right...

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 09, 08:40:28pm

She walked totally different in the mini SS competition. And alot of us thought she needed to make sure somethings kept in check. Like her arms placement. I think she may have spkoen to them and they advised her to tone it down a bit. I actually think it is quite a safe walk and good enough. But she toned it down way to much. She had great energy during the Mini competition but just needs to watch her arm placement and choice of poses etc. But, guys Anya really did what she needed to do. Everything was strong and good enough to move on to the finals where she can really excell. Dont get to critical. Because she is one of the best this year. Go for the crown Anya

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Actually...

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 09, 09:19:44pm

...I actually thought Peter & Alyson told her to walk this way. She looks good anyways.

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: I hope Anya's stage performance improves for the final

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, July 10, 07:19:21am

I know Peter and Alyson have a plan but we have seen Anya deliver on a stage better than this. Based on the final panel of judges, Anya's biggest hurdle will be actually making the top 5-for now she is solidly a top 10 if she gets her SS walk right. Her preliminary walk was a drastic improvement from the minicompetition walk so I don't know what to expect for the final.

We could predict all we want, but it is who shines at the final and what the judges are looking for that matters on the 13th July 2008. I suspect they are going to love the tall delegates but Anya brings her own flavor to the competition so let's pray she gets the scores she needs to advance. If Anya makes top 5 then she will probably be top 3. Go for the crown Anya!

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Dont Worry

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, July 10, 09:09:09am

Do you remember Kenisha?. She looked totally different on final night from what she looked like on the presentation show. She brought the house down on final night. She deserved to be top 5. But, as you said it is a matter on what the judges were advised on what to look for. This is why I have so much confidence in Anya. From what I have read concerning what the MUO is looking for, Anay fit the mold perfectly. We know Anya is very intelligent, she is going to shine in the Q&A segment. There is no"IF" in Anya making the top 5. She is going to make the top 5.

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Yes...

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, July 10, 07:26:49am

She looks fabulous. I can't wait for the final night. Remember what the MUO is looking for this year. Sophistication and all roundedness. I have full confidence in Anya. She will be going after the crown on final night. I look forward to Anya as Miss Universe.

Subject: I Like Anya's Hair In This Video. This May Look Better In SS Than What She Had For The Presentation Show. What Do You Guys Think

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, July 10, 08:55:12am

Subject: Anya SS

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, July 08, 10:21:27am

[> Subject: Ms. Turks and Caicos...

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, July 08, 10:28:06am

...looks totally funny with her stance. Who the heck told her to do that?

[> Subject: Funny...

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 09, 09:47:37am

It does look different from the rest. I guess he is really trying to be noticed

[> [> Subject: omg

Author:
PB
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 09, 10:20:49am

PC i hope u made a typo when u said he and not she... lol.. you soo bad... omg.. must have been a mistake..

Well i really hope anya make it to top 5.. I think we all know she tried her best...

[> [> [> Subject: Yes.....

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 09, 08:33:51pm

It sure was a mistake. I didnt even relaise I made a typo until you brought it to my attention. But, she should of had a better pose.

Subject: My top 15 based solely on pics,interview,ss,eg videos

Author:
Pgwhizz
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 09, 06:18:34pm
Author Host/IP: bas13-toronto63-1177851407.dsl.bell.ca/70.52.150.15

Don't kill me its just what I gathered over the past month using my own point system...with interview and SS carrying the heaviest points, in random order of course...But just to let you know the scores tabulated gave the winner as PANAMA, I am from T&T and not a pageant groupie so there was no bias with regards to my marking.

1.MEXICO
2.PANAMA
3.PUERTO RICO
4.ANGOLA
5.AUSTRALIA
6.COLOMBIA
7.KOREA
8.RUSSIA
9.SOUTH AFRICA
10.TRINIDAD & TOBAGO
11.THAILAND
12.USA
13.VENEZUELA
14.VIETNAM (Not because she's the home girl)
15.INDIA
16.NORWAY (tie)

I honestly don't know what the naysayers see in the following: SPAIN (poor SW), KOSOVO (hype/new country status) BRAZIL

Close shots that can pull a top 15: CANADA, UKRAINE, DENMARK, DOMINICAN REP.

For Anya to reach far...i.e. she needs to just focus on her walking and give some more attitude with regards to this. If you look at the past pageants on Youtube, the past winners all had this in common, EXCELLENT SS (Presentation and not necessarily physique) CHARMING, RELAXED AND WELL PREPED EG PRES...I THINK IT ALL COMES DOWN TO PRESENTATION! I honestly believe if she makes the TOP 5, with the new interview segment (casual interview) she is sure to rock Vietnam!

[> Subject: I Like Your List

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 09, 08:24:27pm

for the most part. But, I am not really sure about Korea this year. She walks good but I just dont see it. I think Peter probably spoke to Anya about the walk she did at the Mini SS competition sop she toned it down a little. I think she could do a little more with her walking but she just have to watch the placements of her hands. But, the walk she did at the presentation show was good enough. I would of changed her hair style for the Swimsuit segment. I think she coould have a much better hair style for Swimsuit.

Subject: Out of Curiosity...

Author:
pattie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 09, 09:17:59am
Author Host/IP: cuscon63197.tstt.net.tt/190.58.125.255

I would like to get someone's take on this:

http://www.missuniverse.com/delegates/2008/files/VE-video-swim.html

I know the focus should be on Anya, but I cou;dn't help but wonder what other ppl. thought about this.

[> Subject: Ok...

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 09, 09:31:10am

Her body is very elongated. She has height but her body is not the most toned. I didnt really like the hair flip thing at the end. But, I do like her and think she is going to make the cut.

[> [> Subject: Although she is the big favorite to win...

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 09, 11:27:56am

...she comes across as a bit immature and self-absorbed sometimes. Don't get me wrong-I am sure she had one of the best interviews but I mean, come on people. They were visiting an orphanage (or some place like that) and she was the only one looking in a mirror in the room checking her make-up while the other delegates were looking at pictures of the kids. I am just very happy this was not Anya because if it was I would have something very bad to say to our rep.

Regardless, Venezuela is in my top 5 but as I said, very juvenile but Osmel does his job well-she is probably going to sound so sweet when she speaks.

[> [> [> Subject: You took the words right out of my mouth...

Author:
Pattie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 09, 11:32:25am

I feel the same way...she will make top 15 all the way to top 5, but to Miss Universe I doubt it...

I am soooo glad this is not Anya! She more mature and humble than that. My cousin who won Miss Caribes a while back always said that in pageants they look at you on-stage and off-stage, and that can make or break you.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Pattie guyl...

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 09, 11:57:52am

...Trum does not care about the how genuine the winner is-only how good she looks-he basically said so before. It is only these regional pageants that do that.

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: MVenezuela

Author:
Pgwhizz
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 09, 04:57:43pm

Seriously Miss Universe is not miss congeniality or miss world. As Trini77 says Trump really does not care much about the girl's personality...once she is committed and can do the job...reason why Oxana Fedorova got her tail fired...Amelia Vega, MU03 was queen bitch of the pageant that yr and she won...there were so many reports about her...Zuleyka Rivera...just look how she crowned Riyo...her attitude that night stinked...yet she won. MU is not about humility and maturity to an extent sad to say...Those days are long gown. I believe Venezuela aced that swimsuit segment, seeing Musa, the show this yr...u can see she took alot of tabs from this segment...its becoming more and more of high fashion/modelling...its who brings it the night. Dont worry once Anya's gets into the top 15, rocks the SS she's bound to have a top 5 placement once she does not flop in that dress...I really hope it changed though!

Subject: miss tnt 2008 reapeat on sunday 13th june at 12.30pm on cnmg

Author:
jessie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 09, 11:06:50am
Author Host/IP: cuscon41688.tstt.net.tt/190.58.41.250

Subject: Attention

Author:
Chris (Excited)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 09, 10:35:29am
Author Host/IP: pool-71-247-150-24.nycmny.east.verizon.net/71.247.150.24

Take it look at the link ....Miss T&T and Miss Universe

http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=T&ct=us/1-0&fd=R&url=http://news.bn.gs/article.php%3Fstory%3D20080709011810410&cid=0&ei=bud0SN6MHpbI8ATene3bDA&usg=AFQjCNG9hOT3GOav5wIOV6vv_sZwNLMopA

Pagent Almanac

Subject: anya's gown

Author:
jessie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 09, 10:30:37am
Author Host/IP: cuscon41688.tstt.net.tt/190.58.41.250

omg anya's gown looks great, 100% better than that other piece of cloth. cant wait for the final night.

Subject: Miss Trinidad and Tobago 2008 Universe

Author:
Chris (Wow)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 09, 10:22:55am

I'm a huge fan of girls from Trinidad and Tobago and your culture is amazing. It is true that your delegates has some of the most amazing clothes. In regards to your candidate for Miss Universe 2008, she is va va voom. LOL I love her, though she looks a bit muscular at times she is simply breathtaking in the white gown it softens her look. However I don't like the way her hair was and also those those things on her hands ( bracelets) I believe they take away from the dress and distractst the eyes.. sometimes less is more. I would like to see her hair a bit shorter if it is to be free flowing with the dress like Oxana, or she can have up in a style like Susmita. Other than that, she is wonderful.. I hope this goes through.. How do I post pics of her I found?

All the best to her... I really don't like my candidate so much.. she is sort of a show girl, even though she is popular and stands to win, I'm betting with my friends that Miss T&T beats her.. Sorry Vene, T&T is my choice.. good luck girl..this is the smackdown of pagents.

[> Subject: Miss Trinidad and Tobago Presentation Show

Author:
Chris
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 09, 10:29:56am

http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=T&ct=us/1-0&fd=R&url=http://news.bn.gs/article.php%3Fstory%3D20080709011810410&cid=0&ei=bud0SN6MHpbI8ATene3bDA&usg=AFQjCNG9hOT3GOav5wIOV6vv_sZwNLMopA

Pagent Almanac

Subject: Vote For Anya Tomorrow For Best National Costume

Author:
PagwantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, July 06, 02:54:55pm

At 9am tomorrow morning voting for the best national costume start. Just a reminder to vote for Anya(Miss Trinidad and Tobago. To win!

Go to...
http://www.nbc.com/Miss_Universe_2008/

[> Subject: Anya In Another Video

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, July 06, 03:28:34pm

[> Subject: Cynthia Olavarria Former Miss Puerto Rico And First runner up MU 2005 Said Miss Trinidad and Tobago is One of her Favorites to Win!

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, July 07, 06:27:07am

3 years ago Cynthia Olavarria won the Miss Puerto Rico Pageant and went on to place 2nd in the internationally televised Miss Universe pageant as almost a billion people round the world watched. Cynthia has always been well known for her superior Catwalk skills. Infact she was even chosen to be the runway coach on the hit univision show "Nuestra Belleza". However the thing that her fans like even more about her is that she is a genuinely nice person. Ive never come across anyone that had anything bad to say about her. The Beauty Confessional had the chance to check in with Cynthia and see what she has been upto in the past few years.
Some of her major projects are:

1. She starred in Univision's "Mi Adorada Malena"
2. With Sin Bandera "Maldita Suerte" Music Video.
3.In "Nuestra Belleza Latina" (With judges Osmel Souza and Julian Gil)
4. In Premios Lo Nuestro
5.Hosting Miss World PR with Fernando Allende.
6. In Premios Juventud 07
7. Diet Pepsi campaign
8. "La Princesa de los Ojos Tristes" (Theather)
9. With Nadine Velászquez (This year's MU judge) and Jaslene Gonzalez ( Americas Next Top Model Cycle 8 winner) at the Chicago Latino Fashion Week.

Part 1

It's been 3 years since you won Miss Puerto Rico Universe. What have you been up to?
Many things have happened since I won Miss Puerto Rico Universe!!! I'm still in the public eye by doing advertising campaigns, music videos, TV hosting and acting. After I crowned my successor I had the chance to visit many countries including Indonesia, Costa Rica, Belize, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Mexico, Venezuela, Colombia and Spain to be a judge in several international pageants and to host events. I made my theatrical debut in a play called "La Princesa de los Ojos Tristes",appeared in Victor Manuelle and Sin Bandera's musical video "Maldita Suerte", starred "Mi Adorada Malena", Univision.com first online novella and received the International Model Ambassador Award at the Chicago Latino Fashion Week. In both 2007 and 2008 I joined Mexican personality, Fernando Allende to host the Miss World PR pageant, I also was the runway coach for the Nuestra Belleza Latina (Univision's Reality Show) contestants and became the official presenter of Telemundo'sTv Show "Decisiones".

2 .What projects do you have planned for the future?
I am definitely doing what I love; being part of the entertainment industry. I started in this as a child when I hosted a TV show for kids in Puerto Rico. I also have college preparation in the field since I've earned a degree in Mass Communications. Therefore, I will definitely continue in this arena. I feel love and respect my career; hence my future plans revolve around improving my skills in each of the areas that I am focusing in: hosting and acting. Of course, I have other projects that I'm involved at the moment such as publishing my first book during the next year.

3. Tell us about your involvement with the Elite Model Competition.
Elite Model Competition was my very first formal experience in modeling. It definitely changed my life in many ways. Regardless I wasn't the winner (I was the Second Place) that year, it gave me a lot of modeling opportunities both, locally and internationally. It also helps me to understand the industry from another perspective and, of course, to be more disciplined.

4. Have you been keeping up with this years Miss Universe Pageant? Who are your favorites?

Yes!! This is the first time since my year that I have the chance to follow Miss Universe. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I've met three of the delegates that I consider to be Front Runners: Puerto Rico, Colombia and Venezuela. The list of my favorites contestants also include the delegates from Mexico, Panama, USA, India, Thailand, Norway, Dominican Republic, Australia, Vietnam, Kosovo, Trinidad and Tobago, South Africa... Good luck to all of them!!!!!!

TO BE CONTINUED on the 18th of July. Come back to find out if Cynthia will ever compete again as well lots of other intersting information about her.

[> [> Subject: Girls In The Pool

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, July 07, 06:39:21am

[> [> [> Subject: Beautiful Anya!

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, July 07, 10:23:48am

[> [> [> [> Subject: Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous

Author:
JustMe
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, July 07, 11:27:02am

Simply stunning!

Now this is the way I love to see Anya, her hair looks gorgeous and the gown is beautiful. Go Anya!

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: I love her eyes!

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, July 07, 02:41:51pm

They are so freakin' georgeous.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Straighten her hair!!

Author:
PB
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 09, 10:29:21am

Ok i'm convinced now sfter seeing this pic for the first time that anya will look best on stage at the finals with her hair like this.. Straighen it! Add extensions if you have too.. I think this is one of the best pics i have seen of her hair...

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 09, 09:28:36am

Subject: Video of Anya in EG

Author:
pattie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, July 08, 07:32:26pm
Author Host/IP: cuscon49658.tstt.net.tt/190.58.73.28

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft5l4cxBj0A

[> Subject: Presentation

Author:
JustMe
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, July 08, 08:16:51pm

I saw the video of her presentation and she was good, I'm just still disappointed with the hair. Nevertheless, she was good and I hope she makes it into the top 15. All the best Anya.

[> Subject: Anya gave new meaning to the word INCREDIBLE in her gown presentation. The more I look at her the more I can see her becoming Miss Universe 2008.

Author:
INBC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, July 08, 10:43:16pm
Author Host/IP: 97-85-177-93.static.stls.mo.charter.com/97.85.177.93

[> [> Subject: i think...

Author:
mAXIMUS
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, July 08, 11:25:13pm
Author Host/IP: cuscon57936.tstt.net.tt/190.58.105.114

she did well! i'm not head over heels wt the gown but it is a nice dress though. with the right moves she can make her presentation spectactular! notice her walk in the video was very model/catwalk diva like :) i like d accesories...the hair, not so sure about! i hope and pray that we dont have another maggie thing on our hands but i trust meh boy adrian, peter and d crew to fix her up :D

[> [> [> Subject: After looking at the video about 3 or 4 times...

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 09, 01:45:47am

...I love the gown for the competition but I have seen much better designs from Peter. The gown is certainly not boring and it has good enough detail in it. Additionally the material looks light enough so that it drapes Anya's body -While she moves you can see her body's motion below the fabric (if you know what I mean) without actually seeing any skin. Peter really toned down Anya's sex appeal but still left her looking regal and alluring. in that gown. The only concern for me is how the front of the hairstyle looks during the EG segment.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Its...

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 09, 08:27:04am

One of the best choices in gown for Anya, It compliments her body so well.I think Peter did the right thing with this gown. I do not think a form fitting one would be as good.

[> Subject: All Videos of Anya at Prelims..

Author:
pattie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 09, 08:47:40am

All videos are up on the Miss Universe website

[> [> Subject: Thanks Pattie........

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 09, 09:08:09am

Subject: Group

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 09, 09:06:56am

Subject: WOW-The fluidity of Anya's gown amazes me. Go for the crown Anya!

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, July 08, 12:48:08pm

Anya's gown is fantastic-definitely this gown will be one of the best for the finals. It is to great! Congrats PE&A on another excellent choice of gown.

[> Subject: The gown again

Author:
Pgwhizz
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, July 08, 01:29:28pm

I am a bit worried now looking at this pic with Anya, the gown is probably 'nice' but it seems to busy and takes away from her, who she is...it reminds me of Maggie's 2005 disaster...too much spinning/swaying/flowing-however you want to call it. Panama's gown for example is flowing but there is also a certain stableness about it. Puerto Rico's also is simple and as a result you get to see the delegate. I also dont believe she looks old, she has a very good chance as well. From these pics I think Panama, Japan, PR and USA are already in the top 15.

[> Subject: I dunno about Japan...

Author:
pattie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, July 08, 01:30:21pm

I really am not feeling Japan's dress maybe when I see it in motion...I would feel differently. Sucks because I like her...

Korea- I think it's way too much, comes across as too heavy. I would like to see her model it.

Mexico and Puerto Rico- I love! I love their dresses!

France- It looks like fancy lingere, but she pulls it off!

Venezuela- Nice dres, but the color does not work for her. If she had darker hair (like Mexico) it would stand out..

T&T- From what I have seen so far, I love Anya's dress! She was a dancer so I am confident that she will give a fantastic performance on stage.

[> Subject: Ok...

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 09, 08:35:23am

Anya's gown is definitely the best here. I didnt expect this from Japan. I dont know what to make of it. I am not really feeling USA gown either. I Like Korea and Mexico here as well.

Subject: Bigger pic of Anya in her EG

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, July 08, 01:26:47pm

[> Subject: Finally!!

Author:
beri
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, July 08, 01:31:54pm

She looks so radiant! I love it! She truly is a vision in white.

[> [> Subject: Is it me...

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 09, 01:47:22am

...or does Anya have on no type of make up except eyeshadow and some lipgloss?

[> [> [> Subject: Very Light.........

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 09, 08:24:00am

She does have on make up but it is very light. Very suiting for this gown. You dont want to distract from the gown to much.

Subject: More pics of Anya's gown

Author:
pattie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, July 08, 07:02:22pm

http://picasaweb.google.com/universe2008pics/PRELIMINARYEVENINGGOWNCOMPETITION/photo#5220819940362643314

http://picasaweb.google.com/universe2008pics/PRELIMINARYEVENINGGOWNCOMPETITION/photo#5220819960405303746

http://picasaweb.google.com/universe2008pics/PRELIMINARYEVENINGGOWNCOMPETITION/photo#5220819976138131570

Author:
JustMe
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, July 08, 07:35:05pm

I think the gown is good but I really would have loved it if she had kept her hair down, it looks so beautiful that way.

If anyone has a video of her presentation please post it.

[> [> Subject: They can't put the hair down...

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 09, 01:25:17am

It would look a disaster if they did. You need to see Anya's neck, shoulders and upper back to carry off this gown well. The hair has to be up but I am still wondering if they can at least make it look better.

[> [> [> Subject: O.K....

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 09, 01:30:55am

The hair is growing on me. From the side and back it looks fantastic. I actually love the view from these vantage points. The problem that I think most of us are having is that from the front we have seen Anya look much better facially. Maybe with close-up shots from the camera from the final we will get a better view. Additionally, the gown looks very regal when Anya is just standing in it. I don't think Venezuela could come up with a better gown this year than what MT&T has.

[> [> [> Subject: Ok............

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 09, 08:21:16am

I really, really like this gown. Do you guys see how it moves on stage. I think that this is one of the best gowns. I also think that Anya has the best hair style for this gown. Think about it. It would not look right with her hair down. You need to see her shoulders ect. Because of the design of the gown. Go for the crown

Subject: Missossology Review of the Prelims...

Author:
pattie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 09, 07:36:57am

The parts of the report that mentions T&T:

"Other attention-grabbing delegates are Miss South Africa, Miss India, Miss Belguim, Miss Trinidad and Tobago and Miss Switzerland."

"Flag waving fans from Trinidad and Tobago are present, complete with whistles"

You can read the rest of the article here:
http://missosology.org/mu08/newsjuly.php

Subject: Opening Number Pic on Anya

Author:
pattie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 09, 07:01:45am

http://picasaweb.google.com/universe2008pics/PRESENTATIONSHOWOPENINGNUMBERInScalaDresses/photo#5220948701823822370

Subject: My established favs for the final...

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 09, 02:06:25am

I have not seen all the ladies yet but these are the ones I want to see in the final 15 based on pics...

Trinidad and Tobago
France
Mexico
Columbia
USA
Venezuela
Korea
Japan
Australia
Panama (she really wants to win)
India (I think we all know she made it even if her gown was a poor choice)

Two ladies who are in but I would not miss them from the final 15 are 2 of Trump's picks (some reports say he chooses 5 while others say he chooses 6): Puerto Rico and Vietnam

That's 13 so I need to come up with 2 more-any ideas on who Mr. Trump would vote for?

I am very doubtful that another delegate of African descent would make it-South Africa, Angola, Tanzania and Denmark would be the only options to choose from with SA being the big favorite out of these 4.

Subject: Miss TNT Prelimnary Night

Author:
Watcher
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, July 08, 07:31:38pm
Author Host/IP: ool-4572da8d.dyn.optonline.net/69.114.218.141

PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

[> Subject: Peter, Peter, Peter...

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 09, 01:34:18am

The hair looks great from behind and the sides but from the front (which is what the judges are going to see most of the time) the hair makes Anya's face look harsher than it really is. If you can go over alternative hairstyles with Anya it would be great.

Subject: VIDEO OF ANYA IN GOWN

Author:
anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, July 08, 07:47:29pm
Author Host/IP: pool-72-80-108-188.nycmny.east.verizon.net/72.80.108.188

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ft5l4cxBj0A

Subject: AMAZING GOWNS WORN BY...

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, July 08, 12:38:34pm

JAPAN AND KOREA. Also France has a georgeous gown. These are the 3 standout from pics I have seen so far. I have not seen Anya's gown in any new pics so I can't comment much other than it is definitely one of the better gowns at this year's pageant.

Indonesia's gown looks way better than Ms. India. I can't believe I said I liked it (MI's gown)-in some pics it looks like they pulled up some carpeting and made the top part of it. What a hot mess.

Ms. Columbia has a wonderful gown but in some pics it borders on being too busy.

Subject: Anya First From Left

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, July 08, 09:43:44am

[> Subject: Could Be 4 Semi-Finalist In This Group Alone

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, July 08, 09:49:47am

Subject: Bally?

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, July 08, 09:29:41am

Is this Bally?

[> Subject: Yes!

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, July 08, 09:32:10am

That's T&T's own Mr. Bally. I know he will pay special attention to Anya's hair and makeup. We really blessed yes!

[> Subject: Indeed

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, July 08, 09:40:26am

Trinidad and Tobago has so much talent it is truly amazing. He is really going to do his best with Anya. I like his style

Subject: Anya's Gown is White

Author:
pattie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, July 08, 08:35:31am

It can be seen here:

http://missosology.org/mu08/convention.php

Subject: From Ines Blog...Anya's Gown

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, July 08, 05:54:51am

I am back from the rehersals for tonight Presentation show and the best gowns are Belgium (black & white), Colombia (gold-shiyny), Japan (fluo-muticolor), Korea (dramatic-balck). and Spain (gold)

Did not see PR, Sth Africa, Dominican R, Thailand and Venezuela dresses from the strong girls, T&T did not have her jewelry on but her dress is beautiful. Norway dress is too simple.

Subject: Rehersal Video

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, July 08, 05:29:24am

Anya looks amazing in this video

Subject: From Ines Blog, Peter Is In Vietnam, He Said.....

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, July 07, 02:03:57pm

We work on her walk for tomorrow, because the delegates are given 3 different options to present themselves on stage during the swimsuit and also during the gown competition. We rehearsed together step by step her moves until she had mastered them completely.

She said that yeaterdaym everyone had to show their gown to Lou, the walking teacher to make sure the dresses were okay for the stage and everyone was commenting on Hiroko gown because it is so different from the other delegates. Most of the girls apparently are wearing very tight and glittery gowns, instead Hiroko wears something from the

Milan collection and it looks fierce and high fashion, still utterly elegant. Cannot wait for tomorrow!

Then she was taken away by the security team, back to her room together with Miss Trinidad and Tobago (gorgeous) who was talking with her National Director, my best friend in MUO, and Peter afterwards told me that Japan and Colombia are his girl competition, for what she told him. Peter told me that Hiroko has a strong chance to win again this year and that he heard this from many sources.

More news tomorrow, I will update my blog several times during the day. My portable computer is very small also I can carry it with me everywhere.

Love, ines

[> Subject: Good old Ines

Author:
JustMe
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, July 07, 02:39:42pm

I saw this on Ines' blog, she is very forthright with her opinions, you either love her or hate her. It is nice to know that she saw Anya and thinks she is gorgeous. Love her or hate her Ines' blog makes for good reading if you want to catch up on the gossip :-)

[> [> Subject: I said it b/4...

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, July 07, 02:50:12pm

...Japan's greatest challenge will be making it to the top 10 based on SS and from what I have seen thus far, she probably will and then I am pretty sure she is going to be top 5 in gown. It is interesting to note that Anya thinks her competition are Columbia and Japan. It will be good if finally a well-favored delegate wins rather than one of the big favs-Venezuela, USA and Mexico. Japan or Trinidad and Tobago winning would be a great surprise this year for all the naysayers (oh gorm, but yuh know ah want meh guyl Anya to win).

[> [> [> Subject: Ok

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, July 07, 02:59:16pm

I agree with you about Japan. it would be nice if she does make the top 10 as well. But, she needs to get pass the SS round. I am also not sure how she fairs in interviews. Can she speak english?. Because I remember in her interview on the MU website she spoke japanese. This may be a obstacle too. But, I do like her and hope she makes it far.

[> [> Subject: Anya's Gown........

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, July 07, 02:52:57pm

Any news yet on what Anya gown is?. I am really excited about what her gown looks like. What time is the presentation show?.

[> [> [> Subject: Anya.....

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, July 07, 02:55:48pm

Is going to be right up there guys. She is so ready to take the Miss Universe crown. I really have good feelings about Anya winning. Go for the crown Anya!

[> [> [> [> Subject: The Presentation Show starts at 7pm (Vietnam)

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, July 08, 12:36:55am

That means it is 7 am in Trinidad and Tobago. So I guess by this evening we will begin to see pics from the prelims.

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: 8 AM IN TT

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, July 08, 03:23:06am

Sorry about the mix-up with times. I believe the presentation show starts at 8 am (TT time). I don't expect it to last more than 3 hours in total. Can't wait to see what Anya will be wearing for the EG segment.

Subject: Anya Interview

Author:
JustMe
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, July 06, 05:19:43pm

The following interview is on today's (Sunday 6th July) online Express - BCPires

Miss Trinidad & Tobago, Anya Ayoung-Chee, is in Vietnam for next Saturday/Sunday's Miss Universe competition.

Â

Is it exciting to be in Vietnam?

Regardless of what I was going for, yes, it is extremely exciting. I've always wanted to visit this part of the world.

Â

You've been to the Far East before?

Only to Japan, and I was thoroughly fascinated. I was only 15 and I told my parents, "You can leave me here!" I loved it. I'm a designer and that environment very much stimulated me. As an artist, I think Vietnam [is] similarly fascinating.

Â

They may take you for a Vietnamese?

They might! And my roommate is Miss Vietnam. We don't look that similar but it certainly is unusual that I am from Trinidad and Tobago and she is Vietnamese and there is enough of a similarity.

Â

If Miss Vietnam is eliminated, you might get the home support?

I think so.

Â

Did you expect to get to Vietnam because you look good in a bathing suit?

Never! [Laughs cheerily] Nor did I ever feel, before doing Miss Trinidad and Tobago, comfortable that that would be a reason either. I never felt-I'm getting into touchy territory I suppose-that beauty pageants represented women in their best light. [At] the screening, it was the first time I ever stood in front of a panel of people in a bathing suit -and I really did feel weird.

And then I sat and wrote reasons I would and wouldn't do Miss Trinidad & Tobago and the pros outweighed the cons; because I felt beauty is a gift like anything else-intelligence, aptitude at sport, whatever you were born with and find a way of developing. I think the reality is that people respond to beautiful things and beautiful people; when you have the gift of being attractive, it's one other thing to use to your advantage; and it's particularly beneficial if you use it in good ways. I came to terms with myself that this is a gift I have and, if I can use it for good work, why not?

Â

But you wouldn't be going if you weren't pretty?

No, it's a beauty pageant, there's no two ways about that.

Â

So you have gained an advantage and may gain a substantial advantage just by virtue of how you look?

If you look at it cynically, then, yes: if I didn't look the way I look, I wouldn't be going to this thing; but that could be said for anything. If I could sing, I'd be competing for some sort of Idol competition. If I could run fast, I'd be going for the Olympics. This happens to be something I have been given and I'm going to the forum that celebrates that; and, now that I've thought about it more, I don't think there's anything wrong with that because I know I am using it in ways that are not just about the way I look.

Â

Especially for an intelligent person, there's a process of rationalisation you have to go through?

[Anya interrupting] To be able to do this? In order to go through the screening of Miss Trinidad & Tobago, it took a lot of rationalisation. A lot! A lot of theorising, hypothesising-but the last three-and-a-half months have been a visceral process: it's been what I've lived, breathed, slept; and I can now say that the sort of development I've had has been nothing of a physical one [but] almost entirely a psychological, spiritual and emotional one. Being Miss Trinidad and Tobago, not once have I had to stand in a bathing suit. Except [laughing] the surfing [pictures of which appeared on newspaper front pages].

Â

Otherwise Trinidad & Tobago wouldn't know you have a tattoo above the pelvis?

Exactly! [Laughs heartily] The job entails so much more. People expect you to be an intelligent, personable, charming, well-rounded human being.

Â

Well-rounded particularly in particular parts?

[Chuckles] If that's the case, I'm not the right person because I'm not well-rounded in particular parts. I'm five-six, not five-eleven. I'm not your typical beauty queen girl physically. That in itself reinforces for me there are other ways to express what it is to be a beauty queen.

I know what I bring to it is so much more than how I look; maybe you can call it rationalisation but I know I've evolved in the last three months. Being an intelligent person who had an issue with beauty pageants before, there's no question in my mind that I'm doing something I believe in, because of what I've learned and how I've been forced to come to terms with who I am-minus the physical aspect.

Â

So are beauty pageants now a good thing?

I think Miss Universe is a very commercial role; at the end of the day, you are a marketing tool for this company. It's a very unusual position where you are the product, you are the brand. And you define it: whoever is Miss Universe for that year defines it.

There are a few set engagements every Miss Universe does but everything else depends on the popularity of whoever wins. If I am Miss Universe, I can define the role within the boundaries of

Â

[BC interrupting] Of Donald Trump owning your ass; how would you define it?

It would depend on which endorsements come to me, which companies seek to use me for their events and so on-but if I bring to every one of those exercises, a person willing to stand up for the things I believe in, that would be my effort.

Â

Would you rule out cosmetic surgery?

Personally, I would. But it is a given in the modern competition. I don't think anyone should be told they should or shouldn't but I do think it's important that a healthy female image is portrayed always. Plastic surgery can encroach on that.

Â

Given your education level and social background, was it fair to enter a competition many view as an opportunity for sufferer-girls to get a free trip?

I'll be honest; that's something I thought about. I guess I agree with what you just said: the circumstances of my life have given me advantage-due only to the hardworking parents I have-but, regardless, I had a very good education, I've travelled a lot. But that's not to say as human beings I was any better than any of the other girls.

Yes, perhaps I am taking this away from someone who might benefit from a trip they might never ever be able to have and I could potentially go on my own-[but] the role of Miss Trinidad & Tobago was about being an ambassador. I think I could soundly represent what it means to be a Trinidad & Tobago person.

Why should I hold back from being able to do that, potentially well? And that's the extra advantage I think I have: this is not the be-all and end-all of my life and because of that, I bring to it even more altruism: it's about Trinidad & Tobago, not about me getting to go on a plane with lots of pretty clothes and go to Vietnam for a month. I don't mean to sound jaded. It's wonderful [to do that] but it's not what it's about [for me].

Â

You want to win?

Yes [Laughs] Just for the sake of winning. I'm very competitive. But I do think Trinidad and Tobago would benefit from a win like that.

Now that might be the first "beauty queen" answer you've given me; come on, doesn't that sound superficial to you?

[Laughs] You know, I think about when Wendy Fitzwilliam won ten years ago and how I felt to see her on that stage with that crown. And I know I'm not the only one! It's so much about the collective celebration of something about Trinidad and Tobago.

Forget she won because she looks good in a bathing suit or it's a beauty pageant. No one cares at that point. There are the feminists and cynics who disagree, fine, but it made us all feel fantastic that Wendy was Miss Universe. I'm not going to apologize for that; yes, it sounds a little "cute" but I think any national celebration on an international stage is something we all want.

Â

Suppose you win; how does that affect your relationship with your boyfriend?

We are very open to each other's explorations. He's a photographer and I'm a designer and we've both had a lot of travel in our backgrounds. He embraces this attempt.

Â

Up to when you win but then it's much harder to be Miss Universe's Insignificant Other than Miss Universe?

We'll cross that bridge when we get there. At this point, there's so much speculation, it's not worth the headache.

Â

If you win, your ass belongs to Donald Trump for a year?

Correct! [Laughs heartily]

Â

You're happy with that?

Um. It's going to be interesting. That is probably going to be one of the biggest challenges: belonging to a company wholeheartedly. But I think what will come of it is worth the challenge.

Â

Can you really bring a liberal attitude to a flesh show?

People like you who see it as a flesh show, I suppose that opinion is set and, regardless of where [pageants] evolve to, you'll continue to think that. Because, on the TV screen, that's what it looks like.

Â

So they have got to higher levels?

I think so, having been through Miss Trinidad & Tobago. The flesh side has never been [a big deal] for me; I don't go around parading myself, you know.

Â

Well, you will be in a week. Be honest: has the "intellectual" side really developed? No matter what they ask you, the answer is always, "Nelson Mandela", "My mother" or "Love"?

[Laughs heartily] To be honest, on the stage, at the competition, the questioning is always pretty soft. What counts in this role is who you are as a person; I don't want to say, "personality" because that cheapens it. I think it depends on who you are and what you stand for.

I'm a little bit more left field than the average beauty pageant contestant. If that's not what they want, I can't change that - but I'm certainly not changing the essence of who I am to win a crown like this. I want to win but I want to win being myself; but my impression is, they're really looking for a woman who can solidly be themselves and not waver on that.

Â

And really sell a product?

[Laughs heartily] And really sell a product because of it!

[> Subject: This is all made up by someone who had alot of time on their hands. Why did you even bother posting this. Nothing in it is true or rather its not an interview that Anya would ever do.

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, July 06, 06:39:47pm

[> [> Subject: actually..

Author:
mAXIMUS
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, July 06, 09:15:59pm

its actually true though:

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_news?id=161348798

[> [> [> Subject: I think it was a great interview

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, July 06, 09:57:01pm

Anya gave very good answers and seems very confident. Go for the crown Anya!

[> [> [> [> Subject: OK

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, July 07, 06:03:16am

I just read it. It is true. Anya handled it very well. The only reason I said it was not true is because of the nature of the questioning and the choice of words the person asking the questions was using, some of it was leaning a bit to the explicit side and almost was rude to ask. But, Anya did a great job. Go for the crown Anya!

Ok, guys its time to start voting for Anya for the best national costume

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: That's B.C. for yuh!!

Author:
realistic analyst
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, July 07, 12:58:54pm

But that's what B.C. Pires is all about though!!! He always asks provacative questions and says exactly what's on his mind! I'm an avid fan of his and have seen many people get tangled up in his questions and embarrass themselves!! LOL!!
But Anya knew how to handle his shots!! She was probably prepared for him to ask uncomfortable questions anyway!!

Subject: Start Voting Today For Anya (Miss Trinidad and Tobago)To Win Best National Costume

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, July 07, 09:15:42am

[> Subject: Anya at rehersals!

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, July 07, 10:31:55am

Subject: Its Top 15!

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, July 06, 06:42:18am

I know global beauties is usually accurate and also thought that the MUO would not be changing their minds at the last mitnue for something like this. But, I prefer a top 15.

On another note, Anya is one of the favorites to win. Ines mentioned it and the Vietnamese press, I read. Pray for Anya guys.

Remember tomorrow the voting for the national costume begins. Anya can win this.

Subject: Only 10 for the final...

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, July 05, 10:48:32am

...so this changes everything.

Predictions:
Trump's choices: Miss Puerto Rico and Miss Vietnam

Ladies who deserve to be in the top 10:
Trinidad and Tobago
USA
Venezuela
Columbia
Mexico
India

That means only 2 spots left but more than half of the judges are Asians so I expect so see some more Asians in there:
Japan and Korea

But what about:
Angola, Ukraine, Dominican Republic and so on.

There will likely be only one black delegate in the top 10-USA but I wish Angola makes it though.

[> Subject: How True?

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, July 05, 01:20:40pm

Ok, now I am a bit confused. First, global beauties said that there will be a top 15 and they said that the MUO said there would be a top 15. Then Ines had said there would be a top 15 now its a top 10 according to her?. Which is the real top?. Do we have to wait for final night?. I do agree that it is one of the more weaker year in regards to contestants. But, I also think that there are enough beautiful girsl to make a top 15. I sure hope that it would be a top 15. Usually globalbeauties infomation is accurate. So, lest wait and see.

[> Subject: Ines has Anya on her list...

Author:
beri
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, July 05, 02:05:19pm
Author Host/IP: cuscon63325.tstt.net.tt/190.58.126.127

I came across thos on Ines' website:

"Ines Says:
July 5th, 2008 at 9:04 am
Mexico,

I guess it will be as per some years ago

Swimsuit + Gown+ Interview,

then announcement of the top 5,
Interview + walk,

announcement of the runner-ups and the winner

And because you asked me…. July 14th, 10 of these 15 girls have great chances to have fun on stage

Australia, Colombia, Dominican Republic, Germany, India, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Norway, Puerto Rico, South Africa, Spain, T’T, USA, Venezuela

I will see them all in the next 48 hours also I will come back with my top 10 feeling….

But it is only me…. take it as it, I am not a fortune teller, just an observer!"

[> [> Subject: Ines' reason for Top 15 being reduced to Top 10

Author:
beri
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, July 05, 02:10:34pm
Author Host/IP: cuscon63325.tstt.net.tt/190.58.126.127

Ines says:

"In fact, I was told that this year it is the weakest group ever also the organization decided to have a top-10 only. Many girls that are really pretty are in fact home sick, or have no interest to win. Also the preliminary interview will be very challenging and only the top 10 girls who are really focused, smart and also beautiful will be chosen.

I believe based on who are the final judges, the winner will be someone fresh, young, generous, trendy and with a very unique personality…. Judges includes fashionista Jennifer Hawkins, Miss Universe 2004 and fashion-maker Roberto Cavalli, mega-star Italian designer."

[> [> Subject: Yes...

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, July 05, 02:14:40pm

I did read that too. Anya is going to be right there for the crown on the final night.

I also read Ines reasons for there being a top 10. I hope that there would be a top 15.

Here is Globalal beauties article...
*TOP 15 THIS YEAR: After endless rumors that there would be a Top 20 (like in 2006), the organization finally published the prize package; and in an interview with a local Vietnamese newspaper, MUO's Vice President Rachel Frimer revealed that there will be Top 15 semi finalists. Wouldn't it be nice to have a "tie" and have a Top 16? Just food for thought...

[> [> [> Subject: MUO Prize.....

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, July 05, 02:20:17pm

Ok, I believe it would be a top 10 now. After looking at the MUO prize package. They mentioned ten semi-finalist. Here it is...
MISS UNIVERSE® 2008 PRIZES

MISS UNIVERSE® 2008 will receive the following from the Miss Universe Organization:

The new MISS UNIVERSE will an exquisite tiara created by CAO Fine Jewelry (a division of PNJ) designed by Mrs. Dang Thi Kim Lien and Rosalina Lydster.
A year-long salary as MISS UNIVERSE.
A shoe wardrobe from Nina Footwear.
A year's worth of hair care products and tools from Farouk Systems.
A swimsuit wardrobe from BSC Swimwear Thailand.
A collection of eveningwear gowns from Scala, designed by Sherri Hill.
A National and International advertising campaign and a complete denim wardrobe from YMI Jeanswear.
A New York City apartment for the year of her reign including living expenses.
A two-year scholarship from The NY Film Academy in New York City valued at up to $100,000.
A trophy from Rogaska Crystal.
Personal appearance wardrobe.
A year-long membership to Gravity Fitness.
Year-long hair services John Barrett Salon.
Modeling portfolio by leading New York City fashion photographer Fadil Berisha.
Casting opportunities and professional representation by the Miss Universe Organization.
Extensive travel opportunities with a personal travel manager representing sponsors and charitable partners.
Access to various New York City events including movie premiers and screenings, Broadway shows and launch parties.
Consultation with stylist Billie Causieestko and access to an event wardrobe from leading fashion designers.
Professional public relations media training.
Professional media/public relations representation by Rubenstein Public Relations and Planet PR in New York City.
Year-long dermatology and skin services provided by Dr. Cheryl Thellman-Karcher.

FIRST RUNNER UP - $3,000 cash award and a crystal trophy from Rogaska
SECOND RUNNER UP - $2,000 cash award and a crystal trophy from Rogaska
THIRD RUNNER UP - $1,000 cash award and a crystal trophy from Rogaska
FOURTH RUNNER UP - $1,000 cash award and a crystal trophy from Rogaskal
TEN SEMI-FINALISTS - $500 cash award and a crystal trophy from Rogaska

MISS CONGENIALITY UNIVERSE™ AWARD - $1,000 cash prize and a crystal trophy from Rogaska awarded to the contestant selected by her fellow contestants as the most charismatic and inspirational.

NATIONAL COSTUME AWARD - $1,000 cash prize and a crystal trophy from Rogaska awarded to the contestant with the most creative National Costume voted on and selected by the public via www.nbc.com.

All Contestants will receive the following gifts:
An assortment of Farouk Systems hair care products and tools
Swimwear from BSC Swimwear Thailand
Competition and fashion footwear from Nina
YMI denim gift package
Robes provided by Aegean Apparel
Gift bags provided by WOW! Creations
Eveningwear by Scala, designed by Sherri Hill

[> [> [> [> Subject: MUO needs to update its prize package...

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, July 05, 03:10:42pm

...if there was 10 semifinalists then there would be a top 15-the set up is similar to the MUSA prize package. I do believe it is only a top 10 because Ines is a national director and they would communicate any changes first to the national directors and delegates. Additionally, this info. only appeared this morning I believe and Globalbeauties usually takes an entire day or more to update news reports. So for me it I believe the report about there only being a top 10. I am glad to see Ines include Germany in her favs. I saw a SS pic of her in the last few days and I was shocked at how good she looked. It's obvious that she hit the gym like crazy since her crowning. I totally agree with Ines about her top 15 choices.

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Ok....

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, July 05, 05:00:59pm

How can there be a top 15 if ther would be 10 semi-finalist?. if there is a top 15 it would be the 15 semi-finalist and the MUO would not put 10 semi-finalist on their site. I know they would not have a top 15 quarter finialist...smile.

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Confused..........

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, July 05, 05:26:48pm

I am not sure if there would be a top 10 or 15 now. Why would the MUO first tell the Vietnamese press that they are going to have a top 15 then Ines is saying now there would be a top 10. I dont think they will be changing their minds just like that. They are professional or needs to appear like they are so. I am a bit still condused if there is a top 15 or 10.

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: There were 5 finalists and 10 semifinalists for MUSA top 15 this year

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, July 05, 08:31:25pm

That's why I said the website needs to be updated. The 5 finalists have their own prizes and do not share in the semifinalist prizes. MUO is actually very professional and all the people who should know -production staff, trainers and the franchise holders are probably kept most up-to-date with any changes. No one really knows why the change-Ines said that there were not enough beautiful ladies and I saw a post where someone heard that the prelim interviews were a disaster for alot of the delegates. Who knows? But I do believe that it is only going to be a top 10-I guess they will announce it officially at the prelim SS and EG segment. The only confusion presently is due to the fact that the MUO info has not been updated.

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: O.K. Now I am confused...

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, July 05, 09:50:40pm

Can NBC and MUO please update their sites so that the info can be consistent on both. Lol! Everyone is giving a different story.

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Ines appoliges for the mistake...

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, July 06, 04:38:27am

She just confirmed with MUO official that it is a top 15.

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Yes...

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, July 06, 06:35:42am

Ok, read that too. Also Anya is one of the favorites mentioned. Go Anya!!!

Subject: Anya During Rehersal

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, July 05, 02:44:58pm

[> Subject: Hey PC...

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, July 05, 03:25:27pm

I can't see the pic. Can you repost it please-thanks!

[> [> Subject: Here It Is..Hope It Works This Time

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, July 05, 05:11:21pm

[> [> [> Subject: Its Not Working But You Can Visit HJ Blog and you will see it..

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, July 05, 05:22:30pm

[> [> [> [> Subject: Thanks PC...

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, July 05, 08:37:11pm

Subject: All the best to Katrina at Ms. Carival 2008!

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, July 03, 10:14:05pm

I know that the main focus is on Anya right now but Katrina is currently in St Vincent representing us at Miss Carival-I wish her every success.

[> Subject: GO Katrina....

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, July 04, 05:21:53am

I did not know katrina was going to another pageant again so soon. I wish her all the best. Hopefully she wins this one too.

hey Trini77 any updated pictures of her?

[> [> Subject: Tonight is the big night for Katrina!

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, July 04, 07:54:37am

The finals are today from what I gather. I guess Peter Elias and Associates did not want to distract from Anya which is understandable as I know they regard these smaller pageants as training grounds for ladies who they think have potential. I wish Katrina all the best and I really hope she wins. It would be great to follow up on her Miss Caricom victory with another crown.

Pic from Trinidad and Tobago Guardian (4th July 2008)

www.thevincentian.com

THE MISS CARIVAL PAGEANT has received high commendations from regional participants. Coordinator of Beauty Shows Cheryl Rodriguez was humble in echoing praises of the event when she outlined preparations for this year’s package, at a Carnival Development Corporation Press briefing, Tuesday 10th June.

The reports are that the organizers of the Miss Carival Pageant have been given high marks for their talent preview and open interview segments. Rodriguez also stated that countries were impressed with the arrangements put into the exercise, including the stationing of two ‘live-in mothers’ at the place of accommodation for the delegates, persons on hand to welcome each delegate on her arrival, seeing them off at the airport, and calls made to the delegates‘ homes to ensure their safe return.

Fourteen countries originally expressed interest in this year’s pageant, scheduled for July 4. Thirteen have confirmed. They will be joined by Ronique Dellimore who copped the Miss SVG title, May 31. The Miss Carival winner gets US$4,300, with US $1300 for second, and US$700 for third.

The confirmed contestants for the 2008 Show are: Kafi Gumbs: Anguilla, Tasheka Lavann: Antigua, Kazherea Rolle: Bahamas, Jenine Thompson: Belize, Marah Walter: Dominica, Meleesa Payne: Guyana, Monique Prescott: Jamaica, Rosaura Latorre: Puerto Rico, Marice George: St. Kitts/Nevis, Soriah John: St. Lucia, Katrina Geetooah: Trinidad and Tobago, Janeisha John: United States Virgin Islands, and Sirenia Cedeno Lopez: Venezuela.

[> [> [> Subject: Congratulations to Katrina!

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, July 05, 01:35:02pm

She was 1st runner-up at Miss Carival 2008 (at least that's what it looks like in the pic).

The winner was Miss SVG-the home delegate.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Well maybe she was 4th...

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, July 05, 01:38:24pm

I really have not seen any written info other than the winner was MSVG. Can someone confirm if Katrina was 4th or whatever. Thanks.

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: She Was 3rd Runner Up

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, July 05, 02:09:48pm

Subject: Anya!

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, July 05, 11:28:35am

Subject: This appears to be the gown!

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 02, 09:57:56pm

Designed by Meiling (from what I recall).
The design looks good-love the color contrast and it looks fluid but how this gown moves onstage with Anya is what is important (if this is indeed the gown). Very high fashion and modern but not too abstract as some of the "gowns" that Meiling has designed for previous MT&T contestants. No way is this going to be a Maggie disaster (unless they hiding a 20 foot long piece of fabric behind Anya).

Considering this is a Meiling design, I think that this is the best gown she has designed for a pageant delegate to date. Love how she accents Anya's cleavage with the flowers (at least it looks like flowers) and the colors on them are almost resplendent in the shot. O.K. as I write this post I can tell that I am really falling in love with this gown. Peter, Peter, Peter, again you have shown why you are the fashion expert. I wanted something that would highlight Anya's sex appeal but you understood that moderation was needed and now in this gown Anya looks very regal, refined, modern and alluring. Hats off to Meiling!

[> Subject: O.K.

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 02, 10:10:31pm

I must admit that I was very reserved about any notion that Meiling could be the designer for Anya's final gown, after all I have seen enough of these supposedly pageant appropriate gowns from Meiling that are by and large the total opposite (as I posted previously she only got it right with Kenisha's gown for MW and the gown she designed for Alexia Charlerie at the MT&TU final was O.K.). I am glad to see that Peter did not allow his friendship with Meiling to cloud his judgement-this gown is very indeed very tasteful and I believe, fit for a Miss Universe. Meiling is a great designer and I love her work with the exception of most of her pageant gowns (which were NOT pageant appropriate). This design however is very fresh and competition appropriate and it complements Anya very well. Our regal queen is now ready to be crowned the best in the Universe for 2008.

[> Subject: this dress is...

Author:
realistic analyst
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, July 03, 04:49:23am

sorry, but this is not a pageant gown!!!! it is more high fashion!! it is not going to shine on stage!! her gown should have been a little more body concious!! anya is too short to carry all this cloth on stage!! she'll get lost! the colours are beautiful as far as a pallate is concerned, but for a beauty pageant, the dress should have more sparkle or something to it!!
I don't know why people say that Maggie's dress was a disaster!! it was perfect!! the colours were vibrant and she was tall enough to carry that cloth!! i think it was one of our best gowns!! (my favourite was actually Arlene's!! an example of perfect pageantry)

I love our candidate this year and wish her all the best!! she's been doing a fabulous job so far and she's def in the top 15! I just hope that if this is the dress, that there is more to be added to it or she wears some impress jewelery

[> [> Subject: Maggie's gown was perfect!

Author:
Kiva
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, July 03, 07:57:57pm
Author Host/IP: NoHost/190.6.234.61

I agree that Maggie's gown was among the best ever! This purple gown, I don't feel it at all. However, one would have to see how she carries it on stage

[> Subject: My Opinion

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, July 03, 06:17:04am

I am reserved a bit on this gown. if this indeed is her gown. I need to see more of it. I like it alot but is it fit for her body type?. Maybe we need to see it on stage. It is unique and would be noticed. I want to see how it looks on her while on stage. I have confidence in Anya she is going to do great.

[> [> Subject: i like it but.....

Author:
mAXIMUS
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, July 03, 07:20:55am

i like the dress but i think its not suitable for the competition. I guess we will have to wait and see how it looks on stage. I dont think any dress necessarily has to be body hugging (look at ms japan last yr) but she was able to play with the flowiness ;-)

[> [> Subject: Agreed PC...

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, July 03, 07:23:59am

...as I also said, how the gown moves onstage will determine its success. Anya has her work cut out for her but I am pretty sure she is very prepared as Alyson is a fantastic trainer.

On another note, Maggie at MU05 was the worst I hope we ever see from PE&A. I cannot sugar coat the issue. For the prelims, her hair and make-up wee on point. For the finals, on television, her face looked simply ugly (but she photograped well as expected)-the hair and face looked horrendous. I doubt Peter would have allowed Maggie to go onstage looking like that-I think after that Peter understood the importance of his charges to take direction. Additionally, Maggie had one of the best designed gowns that I have seen on a stage but was it right for a MU stage-NO WAY! Within the first 2 seconds of a rep walking onstage most of the judges have already made up their minds about scores and I spent the entire time Maggie was walking across the stage looking at the trail thinking "I hope she does not trip." How the heck was I supposed to focus on the lady when someone without the foresight decided a 15 ft long train of fabric should be behind the dress?-and I've been watching pageants for years-this is to date the only time I can remember the dress and not how the lady looked in it-hence why it was 100% a horrrendous PAGEANT GOWN, but still one of the best designs at the pageant that year. I think Peter understood, the EG competition is about highlighting the girl and not the designer in 2005 so we have not seen that nonsense again since then.

Now back to photo at the top, I do believe this is the pageant gown because it looks freakin' expensive-probably TT$15,000 at least. MU has become totally hight fashion after last year's edition and I have even seen posts commenting that the new Miss Universe will not be the best looking but the one who has the best fashion sense and knows how to wear clothes very well.

Anyways, if Peter has a gown better than this for Anya then I would be happy because this gown itself is a great competition gown (and before you pound, look at Columia's gown on the MU website).

[> [> [> Subject: ohhhh this dress!!!

Author:
realistic analyst
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, July 03, 07:46:18am

WHO CARES IF THE DRESS COSTS FIFTEEN THOUSAND!!! it could cost $2 for all I care!! It's about how the wearer carries the dress on stage!! every girl's body is different that's why what will work for one may not work for another. Anya has a great body and i think they should have created a dress that highlights her figure and elongates her, especially since her figure can make her look shorter than she really is at times!! i'm sorry, but this dress is going to swallow her onstage!! it's just the wrong cut for her overall appearance!!

anyways we shouldn't get side tracked here!! the focus is on anya!! good luck hun!! we love you with or without THIS dress.

[> [> [> [> Subject: misunderstood

Author:
realistic analyst
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, July 03, 07:51:08am

sorry!! just reread your post and i initially misunderstood your point about the cost!! got it now! but still, if this is the dress you're right, anya does have her work cut out for her!!!

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: So many comments...

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, July 03, 05:33:09pm

...if it is indeed the competition gown then I think it works great for her provided she can really move with great alacrity onstage. Personally, I believe that a more form fitting gown would have been a safer choice for Anya but I absolutely love this gown. I don't think I have seen a more expensive-looking (ah know dat ent a word all yuh) gown on a MT&T. This gown is right up there with Wendy's, Valene's and the 2nd runner up at MT&TU1999 (who should have won that year). The only concern I have about this gown is how the judges are going to respond to it.

I know we are all conserned with Anya's stage presence and it is very difficult for me to accept that she was not on point in the SS mini-competition but folks, I am very happy that if it had to happen it happened there. Peter must be arriving in Vietnam in a few days and I am sure he is going to have some hefty advice for Anya. Additionally, Alyson and Peter probably keep in contact with Anya on a daily basis by phone so I am pretty sure they have already relayed any concerns to her and have already made suggestions.

I am very pleased to see that we all are giving critical comments in love and not looking for a war with anyone. This is our girl. I have not seen the vid yet (THANKS TO PC FOR THE VIDEO-You rock!) but maybe it was something as simple as nerves or she got distracted-either way (or even if it something completely different) then the good thing is that she has time to reboot and refocus. The minicompetition is over and I know Anya has already compartmentalized it and let it go. The only two important competitions are the prelims and final. I am confident that Alyson spent hours with Anya doing her EG walk so I am not worried.

If this is the gown then I really cannot say anything bad about it-Peter is really the fashion expert-he knows what MUO really wants. I am pretty sure he is in contact with Ines alot and he probably even popped into the MUO offices back a couple of months when both he and his two charges were in NYC for the Fadil photo shoot. Peter has been on point will all his final competition gown choices after the Maggie disaster. I do trust his judgement.
Just remember it is Peter, Alyson and Adrian up there onstage with Anya come prelim and final. They all want her to win-maybe even more than we do.

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: OK

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, July 03, 06:11:51pm

I persoanlly do not think it is a bad gown. Even though this may not be the competition gown. I think it will look good on stage. I cam picture Anya walking in that gown and it looks good. But, I have a feeling this may not be the gown. There is only one way we would know, On prelims night or final.

Hey Trini77, I assume Peter was there already. But, I know when he gets there Anya is going to shine even more.

On another note Anya is on Critical Beauties top 15. I know Anya is going to do an awesome job on final night.

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: I agree with you PC...

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, July 03, 06:17:02pm

...this is a good competition gown but Peter has been know to keep the competition gown very quiet until the prelims so if this is not the competition gown then it will be a wonderful surprise as I know that means it would have to be even better than this one. Anyways, can't wait for the finals.

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Yes...

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, July 03, 06:47:05pm

Thats why I assumed it may not be the competition gown, as we all know peter has a way of saving it until the prelims and or final night. I remember Anya's promise that she would make up for T&T's non-participation at last years Miss Universe. I expect alot from Anya

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Gown

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, July 03, 06:51:10pm

In the picture anya is holding up the gown. I think when she walks with this gown on stage the fluidity of it will be phenominal. What do you guys think?

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Yep!

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, July 03, 07:29:41pm

Our girl is going to have to work it. She will definitely have to hold the sides. I wonder how "light" the fabric is. I think she would look phenomenal onstage base on the design, her confidence and Alyson's track record on stage presentation.

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: O.K. This is not the gown...I think

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, July 03, 08:11:30pm

...I just saw a photo of what looks like Anya at an event with SA and she is wearing apparently this gown (the only thing that is a bit different from this pic is that this pic has alot more blue tones than the one Anya is in-but it's could be this pic just has better lighting).

SO THIS LEAVES THE DOOR OPEN-WHAT WILL PETER COME UP WITH AND WHO WILL ANYA BE WEARING FOR THE PRELIMS AND FINAL? I am so excited. Will Anay have the "IT" gown of MU08? The prelim EG and SS competition is in 4 days. I can't wait to see our girl in action.

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Can You Post It

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, July 04, 06:57:09am

Can you post the picture. Would really like to see it. thanks

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Hey PC...

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, July 04, 08:18:04am

...I guess I was very tired last night. It's actually on the Miss Universe site as a photo of Anya available for purchase. I really don't want to pull a big pic with the word copyright all over it to the forum-I don't think anyone from the MUOrg would be pleased to see that on the T&T forum. Anyways, check it out and let me know if you think it is the same gown-I do believe that it is so I am excited to see what Anya will be wearing for the prelims and final.

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: OK

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, July 04, 09:23:40am

It is a very similar dress. I think its the same design but just a different color in both pictures. So, yes it looks like the same dress. I guess we are in for a surprise with Anya's gown. I am excited.

[> Subject: The Dress

Author:
JustMe
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, July 04, 11:44:19am

I don't know why some people are tripping about the dress. If indeed that dress is the one for the competition I think it is fabulous and I am sure Anya can work it. It seems very high fashion to me and is somewhat reminiscent of Oxana's white gown when she won MU.

If this is the gown then great, if not then I am anxiously waiting to see what Anya will be wearing. Go Anya!

[> [> Subject: hmmm

Author:
mAXIMUS
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, July 04, 02:01:09pm

that is definitely the dress on the miss universe site thingie!!! whatcha guys think she should wear for finals then? any ideas on colours or styles?

[> [> Subject: Yes...

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, July 04, 04:19:45pm

You are right it did remind me of oxana's gown as well. I do think it is a great dress. And if indeed it is her gown, although I believe it not. It would look good. But, Peter likes to wait for prelims and or finals. Whatever it is Anya is going to Rock the Miss Universe stage.

[> Subject: The dress is lovely, but just a few observations...too much skin and boniness are exposed from the breasts up....not suited for that body structure, the hairstyle and make up are OFF! Why does she wear those horrible glossy lipsticks with a mouth like that...deemphasize it love! There is nothing regal about that dress and the flowers actually make the dress look very cheap. This girl needs something very figure hugging and dramatic...and please make her hair and face look sophisticated...she has a good chance

Author:
Other side of the Atlantic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, July 04, 02:35:46pm
Author Host/IP: customer7686.pool1.unallocated-110-64.orangehomedsl.co.uk/91.110.94.13

[> Subject: i think

Author:
smurfgyrl
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, July 05, 11:01:36am
Author Host/IP: cuscon7152.tstt.net.tt/196.3.138.118

I think this gown is nice....good, but not great or amazing. Its cute, thats for sure but I'm just not sure this will deliver that final UMPH! that she reallllyyy needs. And yes the right hair and makeup will play an important part in the entire look.

Subject: Japan's National Director confirms only top 10 for final!

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, July 05, 10:06:06am

According to her the MU officials believe this year's ladies are one of the weakest in years so only a top 10 will be chosen. I hope 5 of those are not Mr. Trump choices-I hope he has no picks this year otherwise deserving women will be left out of the top 10 for the final. So I guess most likely the competition will be similar to the 1998 format. God bless Miss T&T for the prelims and final! Go for the crown Anya!

[> Subject: These will be Mr. Trumps' top 2 picks...

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, July 05, 10:40:11am

...Puerto Rico and Vietnam. I don't think I would miss either from the top 10. No way is either going to win-PR looks dated, her fans have already wrung every drop of freshness out of her image and I am already fed up of seeing her. I don't ever recall MUO crowning someone who people were tired of seeing already. Vietnam has no business even being in the top 20.

Subject: interview segment for top 10?????

Author:
realistic analyst
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, July 04, 11:16:00am

I read somewhere that they are bringing back the interview segment for the top ten this year!!! that would be fabulous!! i think that's when the judges fell deeply in love with Wendy in '98. She showed that she was sweet but had a fearless personality because she sang in front of milloins!
If this really is true, then I think it'll be fab for Anya because she can show the world that she's both gorgeous and intelligent!! I really hope that segment returns because I truly miss it!!

[> Subject: You may be right but...

Author:
Anya's # 1 fan!!!!!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, July 04, 11:23:57am

YOu may be right but i think it's for the final 5

[> Subject: No....

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, July 04, 11:26:52am

I don't think this is the case...if this info if from NBC then it is doubtful. They posted that there would only be a top 10 but on the Miss Universe website it is a top 15 that will be chosen (also confirmed by MUO official this morning I believe in an email).

MU tends to follow the format of the MUSA pageant for a given year. Hence, a top 15 compete in SS, top 10 in gown and top 5 in interview.

[> [> Subject: O.k.

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, July 04, 07:53:21pm

According to Ines, the top 15 compete in SS then the top 10 compete in interview and then the top 5 compete in interview again. What the heck happened with the EG segment? Will it be a part of the top 10 competition?

[> [> [> Subject: I Think............

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, July 04, 08:35:19pm

Its going to be top 15. I am not sure if they would compete in EG or SS. I like the idea of bringing back the top 10 interviews. You can really see who the girls are and what type of personalities they have. It also gives the judges of who is better fit to become Miss Universe. Not just on looks but also on being able to speak and who has the brains behind their beauty as well. Remember Wendy?. Anya is definitely going to do great. She will be right there for the crown.

Author:
JustMe
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, July 04, 12:26:33pm

Just saw the following on HJ Blog (you can access the link from Global Beauties)

TRINIDAD & TOBAGO - THIS COUNTRY’S delegate to the 2008 Miss Universe Pageant, Anya Ayoung-Chee, has been getting favourable ratings in online polls. She is in the top three in a People’s Choice poll on one pageant site and also has a strong showing on other sites.

With excitement building ahead of the big event in Vietnam on July 14, fans of the TT beauty are now caught up in a campaign to win her even more online votes.

One local fan, Ian Royer, of Lonsdale Saatchi & Saatchi, was able to speak to Anya in Vietnam recently and shared with her the good news of her high placings in the online polls.

In an e-mail which has been circulating locally this week, Royer reported that Anya’s response was as follows: “Wow, I can’t believe that I am leading. It is so hard to tell what’s going on here because information is secular and our schedules are very packed.

“I really want to so say that the support from everyone is overwhelming and very touching! It gives me a lot of motivation to perform the best that I can to represent my country and my people! Thank you all so much again, you have no idea just how much it means to me.”

So far, Anya has visited three cities in Vietnam—Hanoi the capital, Ho Chi Minh City and Hué. She described the experience as unforgettable and said she was in awe of the unique culture and the people of Vietnam.

This country has had strong showings in the Miss Universe Pageant over the years. In 1977, Janelle Commissiong became the first black Miss Universe. Wendy Fitzwilliam won the crown in 1998, in Hawaii.

The pageant will be held at the Crown Convention Centre (Diamond Bay Resort) in Nha Trang, Vietnam, on July 14 when outgoing titleholder Riyo Mori will crown her successor.

Anya is among 80 contestants vying for the title.

POSTED BY HÉCTOR JOAQUÍN AT THURSDAY, JULY 03, 2008

[> Subject: I Saw This...

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, July 04, 04:26:46pm

Anya is going to do very good and she has the support of many. Guys voting starts for the national costume on monday. It would be great if all these people who have been voting for her on the online polls, start voting for her in the best national costume. As soon as they can. Go for the crown Anya!!!.

Subject: Voting for best National Costume begins July 7th 2008

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, July 03, 10:02:33pm

Confirmed judges for the final telecast:

Jennifer Hawkins
Louis Licari
Roberto Cavalli (!!!)
Donald Trump, Jr.
Nadine Velasquez

[> Subject: Remember to pray for our girl!

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, July 04, 09:28:57am

From what I gather Miss Venezuela has worked with Roberto Cavalli before. Wonder if this will bias his judgment.

[> [> Subject: I Dont Think So...

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, July 04, 09:42:52am

I read that too, but I dont think it would matter to much. He probably dont even remember her. I am sure he has been assoicated or worked with many different models before. I think he will judge fairly

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, July 04, 07:15:49am

[> Subject: One of the cutest pics of Anya that I have seen

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, July 04, 09:41:39am

AWE! Go for the crown Anya!

Subject: Miss World T&T Valene, Jamaica, Yendi & Miss Grenada on Magazine Cover

Author:
bagotech
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, July 04, 09:01:35am
Author Host/IP: cuscon82826.tstt.net.tt/190.58.202.172

Follow this link to see the delegates together on the cover of Basia magazine: http://basiamagazine.com/images/june2008/homepage.jpg

Could someone post the pic here? and also there are more pics of valene and yendi on the site

[> Subject: Here Is The Picture

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, July 04, 09:09:02am

[> [> Subject: O.K. PEOPLE...

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, July 04, 09:17:59am

...I would love to post the pics of Val in the Missosology. As for this forum which is the Miss Trinidad and Tobago Universe and World home, this is Anya's time to shine. She has worked her butt off for T&T and I personally believe we should devote this time to her. One or two pics of Val is fine for now but don't go flooding the forum with pics other than those from Anya (since she is at MU) and Katrina (because she is at miss Carival-although I really don't ever see alot of pics from the Miss Carival pageant).

There are pics of Gabby that have not made it to the forum yet but I have purposely not posted them on either this forum of the T&T section of Missosology. Gabby will have her moment in the sun in a couple of months.

To reiterate: THIS IS ANYA'S MOMENT TO SHINE TO LET'S NOT DISTRACT TOO MUCH.

[> [> [> Subject: Agree...........

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, July 04, 09:39:30am

Although it is just this picture that bagotech wanted to be posted. Its without thought that Anya is the main focus at this time and rightfully so. She is working hard and have done such a great job since her crowning. Everyone is so excited about Anya and expect alot from her. She is an awesome representitive and it is going to show on the final night of Miss Universe

Subject: The official MT&T Missosology Forum "MT&T in Vietnam" Gallery

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, July 04, 08:54:58am

FOLLOW THE LINK:http://missosology.phpbb3now.com/viewtopic.php?f=244&t=8851&p=184088#p184088

[> Subject: Lol...

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, July 04, 09:21:09am

The previous link loads to the 2nd page of the gallery. Follow this link to the first page: http://missosology.phpbb3now.com/viewtopic.php?f=244&t=8851

Subject: Here is The Video...

Author:
PageantCRITIC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, July 03, 07:45:01am

Trini77, here is the video...

[> Subject: Not bad...

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, July 03, 05:49:05pm

...O.K. if you don't pay attention to the music, Anya was walking with the right energy needed for a MU final. My two concerns-did not like the hair and when she came to the front of the stage her arms look a bit rigid as she made her little turns.

As I said before, Anya cannot afford to do what Venezuela does. Venezuela looks much taller and is very thin and straight from top to bottom-I can't believe people are praising Venezuela's performance so much but no-one has commented that she constantly looks like she is arching to push her breast in your face-Anya could not do this crap because as I said before she has too much raw sex appeal and we don't want to overdo it. Venezuela, who is simply georgeous, can afford to do that and it comes off as great and not trashy but it is beginning to annoy me a bit-but it works for her.

[> [> Subject: Thanks PC...

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, July 03, 05:53:15pm

...I already said it in another post but just in case you missed it, thanks for posting the video. I really appreciate it!

[> [> Subject: Thank You...

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, July 03, 06:23:23pm

Trini77, for your wonderful comments. You also hit the nail on the head in regards to Anya. her walking is fine its just the placement of the arms and the hair wasnt in the right position. It looks like it fell out of place. As I said, maybe I was a bit to critical in regards to her walking as I expected to see her in the top 5 on this event. Anya definitely had more sex appeal than Venezuela. I personally didnt like VZ performance and her body wasnt as good as I thought it would be. She is very elongative. I really like USA style and performance. So, classy and comfortable. But, Anya does look very good on stage and I know she is going to bring her A game on prelims and final night

[> [> [> Subject: Is Venezuela just over doing it?

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, July 03, 11:19:38pm

I saw a pic of her from the SS mini competition and her facial expression is ridiculous. I believe that more than likely she will not win. Trinidad and Tobago, Columbia and Mexico will give her a run for her money. USA will be solidly in the top 5-probably 4th overall- but I don't see USA winning.
My top 6 picks as of 4th July 2008:
1. Columbia
2. Trinidad and Tobago
3. Venezuela
4. USA
5. Mexico
6. India
One of these will be MU2008 in my opinion. People on the USA message board are saying that Anya held back on her stage performance for the SS minicompetition-this was actually one of my first thoughts when I saw the comments about Anya's stage presence. She has modeled with Meiling and knows how to work a stage.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Yes....

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, July 04, 05:18:26am

She definietly has a tendency to over do it alot. I think, she thinks it makes her stand out. But, I am not sure. it doesnt look to good. You can tell its fake. But she is still in my top 6.

So far my top girls are..
T&T
USA
Colombia
Mexico
Angola
Venezuela

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Angola...

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, July 04, 08:24:16am

...is georgeous in my opinion. She has one of the best bodies at this year's pageant but I am concerned about the Vietnamese judges at the prelim. Asian judges are not known to favor black contestants-especially really dark-skinned ones. USA does not count-IT'S USA-nuff said. SA is totally light-skinned but I think Angola has a better SS body than her. It would be nice to see all 3 of these ladies in the top 15 (and yes I do have them in my personal top 15).

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Yes...

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, July 04, 09:12:31am

Angola is definietly gorgeous. Lovely eyes, she is way better than alot of the so call favorites some people say are good. I would like to see her make the cut, But, as you said it might be difficult for her. But, lets wait and see.

Subject: Another Video...

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, July 04, 05:57:15am

With Anya. I think its the boat tour.

Subject: Get Ready Guys.....

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, July 04, 05:29:49am

To start voting for Anya to win the best national costume award. It starts this monday. News from The MUO.

Miss Universe 2008 comes to Nha Trang, Khanh Hoa, Vietnam for a night of stars and glamour in search of the most beautiful woman in the world! Jerry Springer and Mel B. host this exciting, LIVE event! Miss Universe 2007, Riyo Mori (Japan) will return to crown her successor. The Top 10 finalists will be judged in three categories: swimsuit, evening gown, and interview during the broadcast. Also, the winner for Best National Costume, as decided by online votes, will be announced.
We need to get all those people who is voting for her in the polls online to vote for her to win the national costume award. Vote for Anya come monday the 7th!!!

[> Subject: Start Voting Monday

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, July 04, 05:48:16am

Subject: Anya in the background...

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, July 03, 09:11:19pm

At least I hope that is her!

[> Subject: Older pic

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, July 03, 09:20:20pm

[> Subject: Thats Her

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, July 04, 05:23:56am

It sure is Anya. she can be noticed a mile away. Very distinct features.

Subject: Video....

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, July 04, 05:14:31am

from the pool, you can see Anya... She looks great.

Subject: Just a note...

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, July 03, 07:42:16pm

Let's not all get out of shape about the SS mini-competition. Peter, Adrian and Alyson have already made their observations and given Anya their input.
Just remember the important thing is we want to see Anya in the top 5 for the finals-that means she has to make top 10 in the prelims to be guranteed a top 15 spot in the final, then make top 10 (not top 5) in SS to make it to the next round and then top 5 in gown to make it to the final stage-the Q&A portion. I think the Meiling gown would be safe on Anya for the final. It is one of the best designs I have seen thus far. So let's just keep the positivity flowing. All the best to Anya!

Subject: My terrific top 20 list as of 3rd July 2008

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 02, 10:58:30pm

Well I finally got some time to look at the MU site and as usual about 50% look like they have some potential but here is my top 21 based solely on pics on the MU website:

Angola
Australia
Columbia
Dominican Republic
Ecuador
France
India
Israel
Italy
Japan
Kazakhstan (not too sure of the gown though)
Mexico
Montenegro
Norway
Puerto Rico
South Africa
Thailand
Trinidad and Tobago
United States of America
Venezuela

Close: Korea, Kososvo, Panama, Spain, Uruguay, Russia and Singapore

I believe one of my top 20 will be MU2008.
My top 2 choices for the MU crown are Trinidad and Tobago and Venezuela
Close by: USA and Mexico followed by Columbia
Others who could surprise: Australia, India

O.K. folks, don't pong my opinion- I really have not spent much time looking closely at the delegates other than Anya and these choices are based solely on the SS and gown photos on the official MU website so I could be very wrong about a few of them but I think at least 10 of the ladies will come from these 27 ladies. Considering 4 of the prelim judges will be local and one of the foreign judges was born in Asia (Vietnam I think) expect more asians to make the actual top 15-Japan, Singapore, Korea and possibly Thailand.

On another note, Miss Ecuador's pics were a pleasant surprise. Wonder if she looks like those in real life.

[> Subject: Lol...

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 02, 11:15:21pm

Forgot to mention from the Asia/Oceania region, India and Australia will probably make it to the top 15.
Also, I am wondering how many ladies will be wearing the same gowns they took photos of on the MUO website. Strong ladies such as Cyprus, and Finland have horrendous gowns. I should have said my top 22 pics as both UK and Uruguay were in my top pics along with the other 20.

[> Subject: Remember...

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, July 03, 07:35:17am

The top 15 or 20 is going to chosen by the combine scores from the prelims interview, SS and EG. So, not just because a girl looks good in SS doesnt mean she would make the cut same as the EG or Interview. Anya scores high in all three. I know she is going to be right up there on the final night.

Hey Trini77, cant wait to hear your opinion on the video of the SS show.

[> [> Subject: Agreed PC...

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, July 03, 07:45:52am

...but based on the SS pics on the website about 50% of them stand no chance of making it to the top 15 on merit and you can see who in the reamainder looks like the best potentials. The best picks however are the ones the international photographers take at various events as we get to see how the ladies really look without photoshop.

[> [> [> Subject: I Like Your List.....

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, July 03, 08:19:15am

with the exception of a few. I agree with you. And the good news is. Anya is one of the girls that is photographed alot she was chosen as one of the 6 to be filmed for the opening number in the pool. Along with USA, Venezuela, Japan and Korea. I am not sure about Japan and Korea making it though. But lets wait and see the prelims.

Did you see the video yet Trini77?

[> [> Subject: MUO

Author:
PB
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, July 03, 08:43:03am
Author Host/IP: NoHost/64.28.135.2

A separate panel of judges score the girls in SS, EG and Interview and their votes ALONG with the Miss Universe Organisers combine to give the top 15.

I'm sure the MUO loves anya!! I would admit that i expect alot from Anya.

[> [> [> Subject: Agreed

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, July 03, 03:32:26pm

I do expect Anya to do very well. She has a wonderful personality. I have no doubt that she is going to be one of the girls standing waiting to answer the final question on the final night. Go Anya!!

Subject: anya's dress

Author:
jessie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, July 03, 09:19:36am
Author Host/IP: cuscon42832.tstt.net.tt/190.58.46.114

i only hope that DISGUSTING dress is not for the final night. i dont understand why they always seem to mess up our representatives with those rags, example [maggie's dress, kenesha's dress. they need to understand that miss universe is something very glamorous. somebody with peter elias's phone number urgently needs to contact him and tell him to change that CRAP. QUICK!!!!!!
GOSH BOI! AFTER SHE WALKS ON THE FINAL NIGHT WITH THAT CRAP, NO WAY THEY GOIN TO PUT HER IN TOP FIVE. PLEASE SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING!!!!

Subject: Anya...

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 02, 09:41:47pm

O.K. I am unable to see the SS video but I don't understand what the hand thing people are talking about. If you are talking about how she is standing here then I see absolutely nothing wrong with it. Venezela had essentially the same pose except that she was pushing her breasts out (her back totally arched) while Anya is in a very relaxed pose-this is good as it just shows that Peter is conscious of Anya's strengths and knows when not to over do it. Anya has alot of natural sex appeal while Venezuela, although very beautiful, does not have half as much sex appeal so it would not seem ostentatious for her to have her back arched so strongly while for Anya it would just be unseemly. I am shocked to hear that people did not like her walk. Alyson is her stage coach and I am expecting greatness from Anya at the prelims and finals. I am happy to see that she is not peaking early-she needs to peak for the finals. I love her hair for the SS round but I wish we had a close of pic of her.

On another note, nothing has been said about Anya's gown for the MU prelim and final. Does anyone know if the Meling designed gown that was on the front page of the Express a few weeks ago is the final gown. It appears to be the case but I have no comments other than it is certainly not what I expected. Truth be told, I am not a very big fan of Meling's pageant gowns-the only -and I mean ONLY- two times she got it right in my opinion was for Alexia's gown at the MT&TU final and the gown Kenisha Selvon (formerly Thom) wore at MW. This design looks good but I am reserving comment until I see the fluidity of the gown on stage. Anyways folks, keep praying for our girl. I really think she is the only one currently that could beat Venezuela. After seeing the pics of the top 5 in the pre-final competition I thought it was a big joke-from the 5, Columbia was the best. Mexico was good and India has great legs but neither looked spectacular-they are not what I think of when I am looking for the lady with the highest SS score at the MU final. Spain-what was she even doing in the final 5-she has fantastic photoshopped pics but the unedited competition photos don't do much to maintain that "photoshop effect" (pretty nontheless but not top 5 SS material but she could definitely squeeze into the top 15 in the finals). The results just seem very subjective to me and I hope from next year MU returns to its norm of 21-22 days, not this month long crap with a bunch of parades and mini-competitions. Additionally, does anyone know if the convention center will be completed in time for the rehearsals?

[> Subject: This is Not The Pose

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, July 03, 06:10:15am

You need to look at the video of her performance and give your opinion on it. Anya started out great but somewhere in the middle or close to the end she looked just a bit awkward. I dont know if it is the way the cameras were but thats how it seemed. She does have one of the best bodies though. I really hope that she is saving the best for the prelims and finals.

[> Subject: A Month Is.....

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, July 03, 06:20:53am

way to long. And I honestly dont like these mini competitions. Even if Anya had won any its just way to much. I prefer the 21-22 days. But, keep Anya in your prayers guys. She is going to do great on the prelims and final night

[> [> Subject: Thanks PC...

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, July 03, 07:06:53am

...I'll try another computer later today or tomorrow.

[> [> [> Subject: i looked and i saw...

Author:
mAXIMUS
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, July 03, 08:38:48am

I looked at the video and i think its the music..lol. that music was definitely not fashion type, top model walkable music. That said i think that any girl should be able to adapt to the music. I kinda like anya's presentation but i think she could have given more. she didnt ooze sex appeal and again (for me) her facial expression could have been a lil better. if u look at venezuela she had stage presence, she made it known that she was there and therefore made stood out from the crowd. I definitely think this is what will make or break anya...her presentation and presence!!
jus my thoughts...i kno u'll still love me...right? :D

Subject: The Swimsuit Show

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 02, 02:20:57pm

http://media.thanhnien.com.vn/VIDEO/HHHVTrinhDienAoTamP1.wmv

http://media.thanhnien.com.vn/VIDEO/HHHVTrinhDienAoTamP2.wmv

guys you would see Anya in the second video. She looks great. But, I now understand why she didnt make the top 5. Her walk was not the best. Anya needs to step it up a little bit more in regards to her walking. She started of good but at the ned of her walk I personally didnt like it. She should lose the hand on the hip and work it more.

I dont understand how Spain and India made it. But, I guess the judges were looking at something that we dont see in them. India is very elegant though and has height. I relaise all the top 5 are tall ladies.

[> Subject: Agree

Author:
PB
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, July 03, 08:34:54am

Hey i was wondering if i could have sent you a private message but now that you said it. I was disappointed with Anya's SS presentation. Dont get me wrong i love my rep. I think her hair could have been styled better and she really needs to nail that walk for the prelims. If i could tell her something it would be to look at daniel's ss performance which to me was very good. Much more appleal is needed. I am hoping that she does great for the ss prelims, i know she will ace the interview and EG. All the best to her.

Subject: Prelims begin on the 5th July 2008

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, July 03, 07:37:02am

All the best to our girl. Keep praying for her success folks.

Subject: Anya looks Great

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 02, 01:06:09pm

You can see Anya in the background here. I dont understand how she wasnt among the top 5 in the SS show. Well, as I said she is going to do great in the prelims and final night. Anya has a good walk and stage presence.

[> Subject: More

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 02, 01:24:59pm

[> [> Subject: Anya looks so cute in the last pic!

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 02, 10:02:17pm

Such a sweetheart.

Subject: My Top 15 so far

Author:
JustMe
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 02, 08:03:59pm

My 15 top girls so far in random order are:

South Africa
Japan
USA
Trinidad & Tobago
Mexico
Angola
Colombia
Norway
Russia
Korea
India
Panama
Venezuela
Russia

Bubbling up on my list are: Nicaragua, Australia, Greece and Israel

Subject: Top In SS...

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 02, 02:57:11pm

From the show..
Colombia
Mexico
USA
Australia
Angola
Kaz.
Trinidad and Tobago
France
Panama(Pretty face)
Norway

Maybe I was being to critical about Anya because I expected to see her in the top 5. But, what do you guys think about her performance?. There is no doubr she was one of the best in SS.

[> Subject: My thoughts

Author:
JustMe
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 02, 04:57:56pm

Anya looked really good in the swimsuit competition but I agree with you about her catwalk, it was not that great and she really needs to bring it for the prelims. I was not loving that piece of hair hanging down the middle of her forehead either. Overall though her performance was not that bad.

Some performances that had me baffled were:
Kosovo - I don't like the way she had her hands cupping her 'wings"
Nigeria - What on earth was that?

I loved Korea, I thought she was different and spunky. South Africa was interesting as well. I expected Japan to to be a lot better but I still love her.

I can see why Mexico won, she was great. Venezuela to me was trying too hard as usual. Puerto Rico was very good (but I still don't like her, I just can't get over that 'something' about her face). Norway, Russia, Kazakstan and Panama were good.

I did not see the girls from the first link, for some reason it is not loading. Will try again.

Subject: Well........

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 02, 08:14:51am

The latest news from the SS show is that Mexico won. The rest of the top 5 were. USA, Colombia, India and Spain.
Interesting 5, what do you guys think?

[> Subject: Surprised

Author:
PB
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 02, 08:34:30am

hey.. I'm quite surprised that neither Venezuela or TnT did not make top 5..

Hrmm .. so much expectation.. I hope anya does well for the prelims. What did you think of her hair for the SS?

[> [> Subject: Great

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 02, 08:43:18am

her hair was looking fabulous. Just the right styling. Dont worry Anya is going to be right up there on the final night for the crown. I have full confidence that she is in strong contention of winning.

[> Subject: Surprised

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 02, 08:39:54am

I am really surprised with the judges decisions. I thought Anya should of definitely been in the top 5 of this show. With all do respect India and Spain are no where close to a top 5 in SS as alot of girls are. But, this is not the real competition and there would be international judges at the prelims. The better deleagtes will prevail and Anya is one of them.

[> [> Subject: O.k.

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 02, 04:34:37pm

I have not seen much of Spain in a SS, but India-????-just don't see it.

Subject: my dream top3

Author:
smurfgyrl
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 02, 06:47:36am
Author Host/IP: cuscon7199.tstt.net.tt/196.3.138.165

[> Subject: Very probable!

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 02, 04:33:12pm

I was thinking today that Japan could place 3rd (but not win). Can she make top 15-yes. Is it possible that she could scrape into the top 10 based on SS-yes and she has one of the best gowns I have seen for an Asian rep in years so she is in strong contention for top 5 in gown. So yes, realistically Japan along with the favs T&T and Venezuela are in top 3 contention. It would be fantastic if this were the actual top 3. Very fashion forward, confident and modern ladies!

Subject: Anya's Catwalk Skills

Author:
JustMe
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 02, 12:44:30pm

Has anyone seen Anya modeling in person? I am just wondering how strong her catwalk skills are. Now that the swimsuit competition is over I am turning my attention to the prelims and I am hoping that she will make a strong impression at this event.

I am rooting for Anya all the way and wish her the best at the prelims.

Oh, incidentally, I am very happy to see that Venezuela did not win the swimsuit competition or even place in the top 5. She is quite beautiful and seems to have a lovely personality but I do believe she is somewhat overrated (along with Puerto Rico, who just looks plain weird to me - though she does have a lovely figure).

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 02, 07:47:49am

During filming for the opeining number

SS show

Subject: go anya!

Author:
mAXIMUS
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 02, 04:33:58am

allyuh kno i aint lying when ah say we gurl looking goooood!! I feeling so nervous eh cuz ah kno she cud do well. Once she doesnt show up to prelims wt a terrible dress (remember danielle and her orange disaser....omg!) she'll do well. I think Venezuela is the one to beat but I also dont know if they'll let her. Venezuela has been in the Top 5 consistently but never getting it....politics? i think so.
looked at the vid of miss universe 2006 and i understand why japan won, she made herself stand out! Dress flips, gr8 model walk all these things made her stand out from the bunch. Anya would need to the same cuz come top 15 a beautiful face is not gonna win it.....presentation will!
(oh gosh allyuh ah sound scholarly dey eh...lol)

Subject: Anya Looks Fabulous

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, July 01, 08:34:55pm

[> Subject: Lovely!

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, July 01, 09:53:56pm
Author Host/IP: zx.mskcc.org/140.163.254.157

Anya has georgeous hair!

Subject: Oye!

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, July 01, 09:52:33pm

I just went to Missosology forum and unlike my norm of sticking in the T&T section, I visited the other sections of the forum. I am not going to say anything but that it just amazes me how we could repeatedly send a competitive, beautiful lady with intelligence and charm and still all people would do is insult and degrade her. Saying you support T&T on that forum is like starting a war. I don't know why people just like to bash.

Anyways, this is nothing new and I know Anya is keeping her focus. The more negatives they say, the more it is obvious we are going to rock this year's final. I guess Peter will be going to Vietnam soon since the prelims are in a few days-watcj what you eat for dinner Anya-yuh know you have to give Venezuela and USA a run for their money come prelims and final.

I am very proud of our girl. She looks fantastic and seems to pay very good attention to the cameras. I have not seen one pic in which she looks bad (and all yuh know we have a propensity to get one bad pic) so I see all the hard work is paying off.

Go for the crown Anya! T&T backing yuh all de way!

Subject: Please Post your top 15 favs...

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, June 30, 10:11:31pm

I have been tremedously busy as we all know (Thanks PC for holding down the fort). I have been neglecting the MT&T Missosology MU08 favorites list. I am not even going to waste an iota of eneryg trying to preach to the choir over you know where that their purposeful omission of Anya from their top pics is really ridiculous. However, I thought it would be great to place a final predictions list in the thread based on posts in this forum and the T&T section of Missosology. Even if 2 people apart from myself post their lists on this forum I am going to just merge them and pick the top 15 on the Friday or Saturday before the final (and well after the prelim). PLEASE POST AND SUPPORT ANYA!

[> Subject: OK

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, July 01, 07:41:44am

I will have my list probably after the pre-lims. But, my Before pre-lims picks are...

T&T
USA
Colombia
Mexico
Venezuela
Australia
Panama
Russia
Thailand
Norway
Puerto Rico
India
Kosovo
Vietnam

[> Subject: Here is my prediction for the top 15 as of today

Author:
PB
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, July 01, 09:37:16am

This is what i have so far...

Philipines
Kosovo
Puerto Rico
Korea

Trinidad and Tobago
South Africa
Venezuela
USA
India
Panama
Polland
Vietnam
Dominican Republic
Austrailia
Mexico

[> [> Subject: Well...

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, July 01, 05:36:34pm

I think we are all looking at the same group of ladies with the only exception being Phillipines-for me the Fillipinas sent to MW since 2006 should have been sent to MU instead. This year the Phillipines will again miss the top 15 unless Trump votes her in (and I doubt he will-USA may get one of his votes while PR is a guranteed vote in and Vietnam is a strong possibility).

Subject: Anya's Hair

Author:
JustMe
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, July 01, 12:07:54pm

Anya is looking lovely in those photos from the parade and in the black and white dress, I love how her hair looks in these photos.

I do not like how her hair looks when she puts that piece across her forehead, it looks too schoolgirlish. She looks much more sleek and competitive with her hair down (my favourite) or pulled back.

I am looking forward to the results of the swimsuit competition. My only fear here is that Anya does not tense her muscles but rather keeps them relaxed as she is a bit on the muscular side.

All the best to Anya, I think she is a wonderful delegate and do wish her all the best in Vietnam. Rock the swimsuit competition girl!

[> Subject: I am certainly not worried...

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, July 01, 05:31:44pm

...from what we have seen so far from Vietnam, Peter Elias and Associates went all out to ensure Anya is prepared for every event. Her make-up, hair and outfits have all been on-point and she stands out in all her photos.

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, July 01, 09:18:09am

[> Subject: Anya for Ms Universe

Author:
SASIYA ALBERT (JOYFUL)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, July 01, 12:40:25pm
Author Host/IP: hofxchfe.powergen.co.tt/196.29.95.38

ANYA WE LOVE YOU. MAKE US PROUD.... AND DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT BEING NERVOUS BECAUSE I AM ALREADY NREVOUS FOR U. GOOD LUCK BELLA!

[> [> Subject: Good To See You...

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, July 01, 02:02:01pm

On the board Sasiya, Anya is definitely one of the best deleagtes at Miss Universe this year. I expect her to be right up there on the final night for the crown

[> Subject: YES!!!

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, July 01, 05:26:35pm

Anya looks flawless in this outfit. Oh gorm, Peter and Bobby really going for the crown this year yes. Our rep is going to rock the top 5.

On an aside, accoring to Ines' the heavy favorite among the locals is Venezuela. So as I said before, in my opinion Venezuela is the one to beat and I think Anya is the one who realistically could do just that-could this be another 1998 all over again-everyone rooting for Venezuela and who dazzles on finals night-Trinidad and Tobago.

Subject: Delegates Filming For The Opening

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, July 01, 01:59:29pm

If you look closely you can see Anya in the background. I have not seen any clear with her yet. But, I am sure there will be some soon

Subject: Anya at the parade

Author:
John
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, June 30, 09:11:39pm
Author Host/IP: c-68-80-75-150.hsd1.pa.comcast.net/68.80.75.150

[> Subject: According to globalbeauties...

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, June 30, 09:37:06pm

Only a handful of delegates thought to be the favorites for the title were given the gowns to wear. While I am happy for Anya (after all it was a great honor) I think the organizers should have given all the ladies gowns to wear-after all it was a parade and not a closed door event such as a cosmetics promo. Anyays, that's just me.

[> [> Subject: Correction...

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, June 30, 09:57:44pm

According to Ines' blog 40 gowns were donated to select delegates. Now I feel even more horrible for the ladies who were not chosen.

[> [> Subject: Agreed

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, July 01, 07:46:54am

I thought it was really very strange. Apart from it being just a parade it sure looks bad. What are the other girls to think. You are right its not a behind the scenes event.

[> Subject: Anya Looks Great

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, July 01, 07:50:55am

Do you guys know if anyoen from PE&A are their in Vietnam yet with Anya?. How do you guys prefer to see Anya's hair up in a bun or down as in the picture above or just styled differently

Subject: Who do you think has the best SS body at MU08?

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, June 29, 09:59:22pm

O.K. so I know Anya can rock a SS but I was wondering if anyone has any idea who could be the best in SS. In unphotoshopped pics PR looks average, USA looks better while Venezuela looks a bit too elongated (maybe it is just the way she poses). I really think Anya could be top 5 in SS. Any other potentials out there guys?

[> Subject: I Think....

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, June 30, 06:43:02am

Anya definitely has one of the best bodies at the competition. If I had to chose a top 5 in SS it would be....
Trinidad and Tobago
USA
Colombia
Brazil( She is not in my top 15 up until now but she does have a Good body ).
Venezuela

I read somewhere that there would be a SS competition this year like Miss World. Is that true?. Why is Miss Universe having all these minor competitions like MW. Whtas the purpose of it?. I alos think if the judging is up to the Vietnam people again we all know who might be there. Venezuela and Vietnam.

I do not understand these little competitions.

[> [> Subject: Hey PC...

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, June 30, 09:06:25pm

I am surprised you have Brazil in there. I think she looks a bit boring but she does have a good body.Venezuela looks a bit weird in SS but she has a good side profile though. USA , Venezuela and T&T are the 3 I am sure about. Columbia looks good but I have not seen much.

On another note, I know these precompetitions are for fun but I hope they don't continue with it next year. The fashion show should be kept but this prize giving crap should stop. If they want to award a prize then let each lady bring her own outfits to the competition.

[> [> [> Subject: Well...

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, July 01, 07:30:53am

Apart from Miss Trinidad and Tobago, USA, Venezuela( although she does look a little elongative, and not the best toned body) she can work it. There is not alot to chose from so I put Brazil. I am not even sure about her in SS either. I am waiting for the pre-lims. I really like Colombia. I think she has a good chanve of doing well( Top 10).

I dont really expect Brazil to be in the top 15 but she has a good body from some angles.

I dont know about these minor competitions. I read the ladies didnt know that the fashion show was a competition. I also think that, if they do intend to have this every year the ladies should bring their own outfits or have the choice in what they wear.

Subject: Have your favs changed folks?

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, June 30, 09:30:36pm

My top 4 are still Trinidad and Tobago, USA, Venzuela and Mexico. France is also a firm top 10 favorite of mine.
Top 15 favs: South Africa, Columbia, Ukraine and Dominican Republic. PR should be top 15 but I would not miss her at all from the top 10. No way is she top 5 in SS. There are way too many ladies that look better than her. It will be interesting to see how many Asian nations place in the top 15 since about 5 of the prelim judges have strong Asian ties (I expect that4 of the 8 will be from Vietnam). What will the LATINA finals judges do on July 13th if we get like 5 Asians in the top 15?

From Asia, Japan can place top 5 in gown but her greatest battle will be making top 10 in SS, Korea looks good, India has some potential (although I don't see how people could think she could win), Thailand looks prepared and Singapore is beautiful but not the most competitive. You can also count Australia in.-That's six. I will be shocked if Vietnam makes top 15 but it is realistic that Trump will pick her-after all the host's bid was US$7MILLION.

For now, the only delegate of African descent that I can see possibly winning is USA-however this is unlikely. She has already lost her novelty at MUSA for me-she will be a strong top 5 placement though.

Two latinas who could win are Venezuela and Mexico but I prefer Venezuela.

Anya in my opinion is the only possible delegate from the Caribbean who could win. No way could PR win.

From Asia, I will not be surprised by a top 5 placement by Miss Japan but I don't see a winner from this region...at least not yet.

From Europe and the Middle East, Belgium, Russia and Kosovo look promising along with Israel (yes I probably shocked you folks)-but I don't see any winner from this region.

For the African continent, South Africa will probably make top 15. I like Angola but Asian hosts don't usually favor black delegates-if it was a top 20 this year then I would say Angola would have a good chance of making it but with a top 15 I just don't see it-but hopefully she proves me wrong. I really have not seen much of the other delegates from this region so I can't comment further.

So as of 1st July, if asked who are my top 5 picks it would still be the same top 4 as before with Japan rounding out the top picks.

Subject: Miss Bahamas World

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, June 30, 09:52:31am

I like the new Miss Bahamas World. With the right training and styling this girl can do great. I had prefer, I blieve was the second runner up, but this girl is right there with her. Good going Bahamas

[> Subject: beauty switch

Author:
pageantAnalyst
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, June 30, 11:32:38am

This Ms. Bahamas World seems perfect for Ms. Universe and the current Ms. Bahamas Universe seems perfect for Ms. World!! I don't think the Bahamas knows how to differentiate the type of beauty needed for each competition

[> [> Subject: Well...

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, June 30, 09:00:11pm

I have not seen much but she looks better than Anya Watkins.

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, June 30, 11:59:45am

[> Subject: Anya looks so sweet here!

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, June 30, 08:58:55pm

Beautiful eyes and love the nose.

Subject: Anya In Parade

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, June 30, 09:29:18am

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, June 30, 06:45:36am

Last Picture was Kosovo and Albania

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, June 30, 06:44:09am

Subject: Missology's Nasty Posters

Author:
JustMe
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, June 29, 11:14:25am

I just visited the Missology forum and was very disappointed to see a post by one "Toma" with the title "Miss Horn & Porn" that features several photos of Anya. He/she is claiming that Anya looks "porny" in her photos and all the other posters who responded seems to either agree with him or find the post amusing. I found it to be in poor taste, particularly since I see no merit to it.

If you check it out please do not comment in the thread because that will only bring it back up to the top and keep it in view.

Regardless of the naysayers, I think Anya looks lovely and do wish her the very best.

[> Subject: Please Ignore.....

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, June 29, 12:32:46pm

Ignore the naysayers. We all know Anya is fabulous and beautiful. Why do you think they are talking about her so much. Because they know she is going to do an awesome job and she is in the running for the crown. She is going to to rock on the final night and they know it. Go Anya!!!

[> Subject: I was disappointed too at 1st!

Author:
Miles (Sad)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, June 29, 02:10:10pm
Author Host/IP: NoHost/190.213.48.225

I can't help but think that some people are being racist. If it is one thing I know that Trinidad and Tobago is that we love our Callaloo mix up pot. So for all the haters, I was disappointed at 1st but then I said what the Hell. Our backs are broad enough to take criticism; not so, C, Trini77, mAXIMUS?

[> Subject: dont take it on

Author:
babygirl
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, June 29, 02:33:43pm
Author Host/IP: cuscon51639.tstt.net.tt/190.58.80.217

u may have realized that even in anya's most beautiful pictures that the posters on that forum rather have nothing to say than to make postive comments about her. They do not like her because they are treatned by her and i honestly believe they never expected her to come soo good. so what's left foe them to do? continue bashing her . don't study it we all know that anya is way better than half of the delegates thay are proclaiming as goddesses

[> Subject: We back really broad yes!

Author:
WestIndian
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, June 29, 03:42:03pm
Author Host/IP: cuscon31191.tstt.net.tt/190.58.0.249

Anya is a threat to what beauty is to most of the posters on that forum. She is going to do extremly well because she has the entire package! They hated on Wendy, saying they theft Venezuela the crown that year. Like Anya she had the whole package. All will unfold on the final night.

[> [> Subject: T&T will always answer the naysayers on prelim and final night

Author:
Trini77
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, June 29, 09:33:39pm

Anya looks like one of the top 5 beauties at this year's pageant and for some strange reason next to nobody has anything positive to say on Missosology. In fact the opposite seems to predominate. She is a threat and alot of people hate the fact that such a tiny nation could be doing so well at MU with women who generally are outside the norm of what is considered beautiful. Additionally, some of them (you know who) are just stiply jealous of T&T success and they will hate on T&T constantly-Peter Elias and Associates could send the "white-est" (ah know it is not a real word, but yuh know what ah mean) lady to the pageant and they will still not be able to give a compliment without at the very least making a slight at our candidate.
If you ask me, who God bless no man can curse! Let them talk they talk. They will reap what they sow. Anya will be top 10 at the very least and I personally am expecting a very good placement within the top 5.

Subject: Group

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, June 29, 03:17:59pm

Subject: Miss Universe

Author:
Mary Chin-Tong (Magnificent)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, June 29, 10:21:43am
Author Host/IP: NoHost/98.64.31.244

I am very pleased that Trinidad is participating in Miss Universe. Last year Trinidad was not in the competition, but hold on this year we should be a knock out. Miss Anya will definately be in the first number ten. I am keeping my fingers crossed. She is beautiful and it shows that trinidad is a cosmoplitan island with mixture of races. She has this elegant look on her face, intelligent and the photogenic outcast in her beauty. I am a proud trinidadian and also a mixture just like Anya. Proud of you Anya.

[> Subject: Yes..

Author:
PageantCritic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, June 29, 12:36:59pm

Anya is indeed one of the best this year. I have full confidence in her that she is going to be right up there answering the final question. Very edgy and photogenic, full of class and elegance. Beautiful and ready to become Miss Universe

Main index ] [ Archives: 12345678[9]10 ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

This page is devoted to Miss Trinidad & Tobago Universe Winners
Feel free to Post your Favories for Miss Universe

Please Remember to respect all the delegates
they have all earned the right to represent their country.
Any Defamatory Comments will be removed...

Check out this Website devoted to
Faye Alibocas, Miss Trinidad & Tobago 2003.
Click the pic below.

This page is devoted to Miss Trinidad & Tobago Universe Winners

A word from the webmaster...
Comments will be removed that I find offensive or go out side the bounds of good taste,
there should be no need for use of curse words on this site, the english language is way to huge to stoop so low.
Just have a little decency when you choose to write on this message board, the stuff posted here will be searchable all over the Internet.
If you don't like the rules you are free to express yourself elsewhere... Again I did not create this site for folks to be mean or hostile to each other. No way would I want the contestants to feel degraded by comments placed on here...The people who want to represent TNT should feel proud to come to this site, constructive criticism is welcomed not destructive.
If you feel hurt that your comments were removed,
just imagine how hurt the contestants and folks you bash react when reading a posting that is outlandish.
I'm not into Drama, One Love People...

IP ADDRESS BLOCKING IS IN FULL EFFECT
I AM NOW BLOCKING ANY REPEAT BASHERS FROM POSTING TO THIS WEBSITE AND IN SOME INSTANCES EVEN SEEING THIS WEBSITE..
BASHERS WILL BE BLOCKED
A MESSAGE WILL APPEAR STATING THAT BASHERS ARE NOT WELCOMED HERE IF THEY TRY TO VISIT OR POST TO THIS SITE FROM THEIR IP ADDRESS..
SO PLEASE VISITORS IF YOUR INTENTION IS TO BASH OUR DELEGATE OR ANY DELEGATE THINK TWICE..
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.