VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Wed, February 26 2020, 20:57:46Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456[7]89 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Wed, June 22 2005, 22:08:03
Author: Jeff Northridge
Author Host/IP: dialup-4.246.90.138.Dial1.SanJose1.Level3.net / 4.246.90.138
Subject: Re: 1stLt John Edward Manning USMC
In reply to: Pat Manning 's message, "1stLt John Edward Manning USMC" on Wed, June 22 2005, 18:53:36

Howdy Pat;

1LT John Edward Manning (USMC) started his tour of duty in Vietnam on 5/1/67 so he was there for quite some time before being KIA on 1/30/68 due to "Hostile, Ground Casualty, Other Explosive Device" in Quang Nam Province. Generally, that means a mine or booby trap. His MOS was 0302 (Infantry Officer) which is kind of strange because his unit was "C" Company, 3rd MP Battalion, 1st Force SVC Regiment, Force Logistic Command, 3rd Marine Amphibious Force.

I can't seem to find any homepage for the USMC 3rd MP Bn. Maybe one of the leathernecks who frequent this site can help. There are some tributes to 1LT Manning posted at http://thewall-usa.com/ and at http://www.virtualwall.org/dm/ManningJE01a.htm which includes a good photograph of your late husband. Some of the remembrances were posted by Marines who may have known 1LT Manning.

I do know that the USMC Force Logistic Command (FLC) was headquartered at Camp Jay K. Books which was at Red Beach about 10 Km. north of Da Nang. However, the FLC had units scattered all over I Corps so there is no way to determine the location of the incident more precisely than Quang Nam Province without the military map coordinates. The Army preserves that information in the form of Morning Reports, but I don't know what the Marines do.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• Re: 1stLt John Edward Manning USMC -- Jay Gearhart, Fri, June 24 2005, 4:55:52 (24-231-237-233.dhcp.aldl.mi.charter.com/24.231.237.233)

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
    Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (required):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.