VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Fri, November 22 2019, 13:16:09Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456[7]89 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Sun, July 10 2005, 20:10:12
Author: Craig Carbone
Author Host/IP: ool-43528538.dyn.optonline.net / 67.82.133.56
Subject: Thank You All

Just wanted to thank all of you for a great site and thank you for reminding me how very special my dad is. My father was in Vietnam in 1964-1965. He has always been very proud of his service and so have I, but reading all the stories on this site has made me realize how lucky I am to have the dad i do. He was in the Big Red One and is very proud of that fact. Growing up we always heard about the people and friends he had in Veitnam some that made home and those who he lost especially his best friend William R. McKim. I have had the honor of meeting Mr. Bobby Fisher my father's XO in Vietnam and his wonderful family. Mr. Fisher has died a few years ago and I know my dad would of loved to go to the funeral of his beloved friend, but just could not bring himself to go. My father is the only one alive from his platoon that made it back, so what I guess i tring to say is thank you dad, thank you for passing on the leson of life you had to learn the hard way so my sisters and I can have the life we have. My father never had a proper welcome home from Vietnam when he landed at JFK airport he was forced to change out of his uniform so their would be no problems, but being proud of his service and proud of the people he serviced with he walk out in full uniform anyway and was spit on, but that did not matter to him. This is my way of thanking him and all those that served and sacrifice so everyone else can have the life we do. Thank You Dad and All Those Who Served In Vietnam. Thanks Dad For Making Me Succeed when God knows it was not easy. Thank You Dad for the lessons of life you taught me that you learned the hard way thousands of miles away from home and those that love you. Your strenght and pride in youself and your service is what you have passed on to your loving children. Thank You For Being My Hero Along With The Men You Served With And All Those That Frought In Vietnam. I Am Proud To Be Your Son. Thank You All!!!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (required):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.