[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Fri, February 28 2020, 14:32:34Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456[7]89 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Mon, August 29 2005, 9:12:46
Author: Jeff Northridge
Author Host/IP: dialup- /
Subject: Re: information on my father speedy
In reply to: francisco gonzalez jr a,k,a speedy 's message, "information on my father speedy" on Sun, August 28 2005, 12:10:19

Howdy Francisco Gonzalez, Jr.'s Daughter;

By the word "bush", I assume that your father served in Vietnam and by "3rd marine 5th battalion" you mean the 3rd Battalion of the 5th Marine Regiment which served with the 1st Marine Division since no Marine regiment which served in Vietnam had battalion numbers higher than the 3rd (see the Marine Corps order of battle in Vietnam at http://kilo35usmc.org/vn/k35links.html ). That website also has links to H&S, India, Kilo, and Lima companies of the 3rd/5th Marines.

Copies of your father's Marine Corps Personnel File, DD-214, and a set of replacement medals can be requested by using Standard Form 180 (SF-180), but the forms must be signed by your father's next-of-kin. As his daughter, you would undoubtedly qualify. For information on how to obtain the former two see http://www.archives.gov/research_room/obtain_copies/veterans_service_records.html and for the latter see http://usmilitary.about.com/od/medalsanddecs/a/decreplacement.htm .

If your father is buried in a National Cemetery, go to the VA homepage, and click on "National Cemeteries". They have a listing for all veterans who are interred on Federal property. If your father is buried in a private cemetery, I wouldn't know how to proceed. Good luck!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]


  • Re: information on my father speedy -- Bruce Swander, Thu, September 01 2005, 9:52:35 (cmu-24-35-46-38.mivlmd.cablespeed.com/
  • Thanks For The Information! -- Jeff Northridge, Sat, September 03 2005, 19:12:32 (dialup-

    Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
    Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    Message subject (required):

    Name (required):

      Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

      E-mail address (required):

    Type your message here:

    Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

    Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

    [ Contact Forum Admin ]

    Forum timezone: GMT-8
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.