VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Wed, November 13 2019, 1:17:50Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456[7]89 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Mon, October 03 2005, 20:38:58
Author: Donald Jones
Author Host/IP: ca208-ch02-bl03.il-chicago0.sa.earthlink.net / 207.69.137.22
Subject: Old Friend from Cannon AFB and Danang

Hi Don,
This is a voice from the past from Cannon AFB and Danang, where we served together from about 1964-1966. I happened onto your Website and began reading your story about the B57 that crashed at Danang. I knew immediately from your description that that was the same crash that I saw. Our K9 group was on our way toward the runway, awaiting clearance to cross. We all saw it crash and ran back toward the parking apron to get away from it as the ordinance began to go off. It was a pretty frightening event that one doesn’t soon forget.

I have the addresses of some people whom you will probably remember: Gary Knutson (Cannon & Danang), George Vobornik (Cannon), Herb Norfolk (Danang K9), Jim Clevenger (Cannon). I have copy of the Cannon AFB 832nd Air Division yearbook and would be happy to make copies of the Air Police Squadron section if you like. I also have some pictures of Danang, which are not very good, but are memorable. I can burn them into a CD or DVD if you like. I would be interested in reconnecting if you are interested. Much has happened in the intervening years since Cannon and RVN. I would be interested in reading your bio and would be happy to furnish mine if you like. I would also be interested to know if you are in contact with any other mutual friends from that era.
Regards,
Don Jones

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (required):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.