VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Sat, November 16 2019, 23:27:16Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456[7]89 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Fri, November 04 2005, 19:24:17
Author: Jeff Northridge
Author Host/IP: dialup-4.131.209.151.Dial1.SanJose1.Level3.net / 4.131.209.151
Subject: My Apologies, Sir!
In reply to: Bruce 's message, "Re: Maybe you can help me." on Sat, October 29 2005, 20:28:08

Howdy Bruce;

I contacted the Red River Valley Pilots Association and they informed me as follows:

Jeff, thank for your service....with regards to your question... following
information is found in Chris Hobson's "Vietnam Air Losses". It was on 6
July 1972 that F-4D 65-0800 assigned to the 497th TFS, 8TFW, crashed as it attempted to land in a heavy rainstorm at night at Ubon after a strike mission. One source suggests that it was hit by small arms fire on the approach to the airfield. Neither of the crew managed to escape before the aircraft crashed.
Major harland Davis ws assigned to the 435th TFS but the aircraft apparently belonged to the 497th. He had flown F-100's from lakenheath with the 48th TFW in 1962 and had survived a tour with the 1st ACS in South Vietnam in
1965 flying 283 missions in theA-1E. ( Thus we conclude that 1/Lt
Frederick m Koss was the gib or guy in back)

regards,
Stan Goldstein
RRVA General Secretary

What amazes me is how could the official records be so screwed up? In both 1LT Koss' and MAJ Davis' cases, the official records state that the plane crashed at sea, but such is not the case at all. Oh well, I'll inform Milly Sue of this. Thanks for your help.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (required):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.