VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Sun, December 15 2019, 23:06:04Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456[7]89 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Wed, November 23 2005, 19:28:14
Author: Kathy Allinson Hall
Author Host/IP: dialup-4.242.213.83.Dial1.Seattle1.Level3.net / 4.242.213.83
Subject: Re: LOOKING FOR NMCB 71 SEABEES
In reply to: Joan Young 's message, "Re: LOOKING FOR NMCB 71 SEABEES" on Sat, November 05 2005, 11:05:12

Great to hear from you! I had no idea the Navy issued beer ration cards, but that makes sense. My grand dad served with the USNR 71st Construction Battalion and wrote in his journals about various amounts of beer being available at different times. More authorized at Thanksgiving dinner, for example and just before the Seabees took off for set sail on troop ships for a "hot spot," like the invasion of Okinawa or the Battle for Bougainville. You can get a "cruise book" of the 71st CB from the Seabee Museum at Point Hueneme. Two are available. one a ten-page typed printout which was sufficient for my purposes or a thirty dollar book. Let me know if I can help further.

Kathy Allinson

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• Re: LOOKING FOR NMCB 71 SEABEES -- kathy allinson, Wed, November 23 2005, 19:35:37 (dialup-4.242.213.83.Dial1.Seattle1.Level3.net/4.242.213.83)

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
    Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (required):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.