VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Mon, November 18 2019, 1:34:20Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456[7]89 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Wed, December 07 2005, 17:28:02
Author: Mike
Author Host/IP: adsl-68-73-172-116.dsl.bcvloh.ameritech.net / 68.73.172.116
Subject: Re: Daughter of Sgt. Richard Lee Strange
In reply to: Jack Reed 's message, "Daughter of Sgt. Richard Lee Strange" on Sun, December 04 2005, 13:55:16

Here is a letter found online about Richard receiving news about his daughter.

Elbert Gatlin
SGTMADDOG1@aol.com
Served with him at time of his death
828 O'Grady Drive
Chattanooga,Tenn. 37419 USA
Sgt. Strange had a child born back in the U.S. just days before he died. His wife sent pictures of the newborn baby. Sgt. Strange received the pictures the day before he died. He was so happy! I do not know if he had time to answer this letter. Don't know if his wife knows he got the pictures before he died. We were on Operation Jay, outside Que. June 25 was also my birthday. He along with 6 others in my company were killed that day. All were head wounds. Also had 23 wounded that day. He died instantly. In an open dry rice paddy. The only cover he had was a dike just 4or5 inches high. 500 North Viet-nam PAVN's were 200 meters in front of his 2nd platoon when they were hit. I helped recover the bodies the next day. He was so proud of his newborn. He was yelling & smilling & jumping all over the tent about it the day before he died.
Monday, February 28, 2000

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (required):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.