VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Thu, November 14 2019, 9:36:07Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]9 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Mon, February 07 2005, 23:42:29
Author: Wayne Gregory
Author Host/IP: netcache-3001.bay.webtv.net / 209.240.205.60
Subject: Re: Some Feeble Answers
In reply to: Larry Lusk 's message, "Re: Some Feeble Answers" on Mon, February 07 2005, 15:57:38

Thanks Jeff, and your contribution is never feeble, in fact your research and help here is par to none. Your ability to research obscure inquiries is amazing. You are correct, 60 to 65% of Iraq is comprised of Shia Muslims and approx. 20% Sunni Kurds and another 18 to 20 Sunni Arabs. However I (and I do not for sure) fear, most of the old Republican Guard and Iraq Military are Sunni inclined and are part of the insurgency. These men know how to fight and especially in their back yard. If they choose to not come on board, a problem.

As to Larrys comment about General Mattis. I'd follow a Marine General anytime and anywhere with that attitude. Marines never die, we just grow old. When I think of Marine Generals, the only thing that comes to mind, is yes sir, no sir, and aye aye sir! My personal, and all our fav during Nam was General Walt. He was a little too much for the civilian, and politically correct, but the grunt loved him. Our world is not the civilian or politicians, nor do we have the luxury to study love and humanity. It's the business of destroying Americas enemy, not building bridges. Marines are not trained to take prisoners, love thy enemy, or influence friends. It's all about being a devil dog don't forget. We leave the diplomacy to those who have been trained for such.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (required):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.