VoyForums

Thu, December 13 2018, 20:21:35Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]9 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Wed, May 11 2005, 7:23:40
Author: danny
Author Host/IP: 168.9.35.14
Subject: from the other side

Dear Mr. Camunes,

Your story, "Thanks For Remembering" was one of the best war stories I have ever read. Even though it doesn’t deal with actual wartime combat, it is still an inspiring story dealing with Vietnam. It has so much emotion that is missing from most stories. It has made me appreciate what those men sacrificed so many years ago.

At first when I read your story, I thought it was amazing. Then, just this past weekend, I had the opportunity to visit the Vietnam memorial, and I thought about your story often while I was there. I saw the hundreds of people walking in silence as they passed the lost. I saw the names of so many young men that had lost their lives in a meaningless war. As I came to the end of the wall, I touched the name of a man forever engraved into this magnificent wall, and I felt many different emotions. I was saddened by the fact he died for no apparent reason. But then I felt relief, knowing that he will always be remembered by being etched on the wall. He, and the rest of the 58,000 soldiers will always be remembered.

I don’t think that I would have appreciated this visit without reading your story first. So just like those soldiers will never be forgotten, I will never forget you and your powerful story. You say “Thanks For Remembering,” but I say to you, “Thanks for writing.”

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.