VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Wed, February 19 2020, 1:51:21Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]9 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Wed, May 11 2005, 10:51:37
Author: eddie
Author Host/IP: NoHost / 168.9.35.14
Subject: mines

im required by my teacher that i reflect upon 3 of these stories and as one i choose mines. Mines showed me they way how tense the Vietnam war was. There were a lot of things that really stood out to me. Like how you managed to help out some of your other comrades even when you your self was injured. That requires a lot of will power and the will to survive. When you were talking about the lift off onto the helicopter and how that you couldnít feel anything, that mustíve been spine tingling.
Anything could happen. When you notice that youíre numb thatís usually not a good sign but yet you kept calm. To think this all came from a single mine. All of a sudden youíre walking and then youíre 10 feet away from the place you were originally standing. I loved the part about how when the first copter came you helped your companions aboard even though you were hurt also. Like you saidĒhey im hurt tooĒ.
Even then you had your buddies on your mind. Even though the second helicopter landed down just seconds after, I can only imagine how long that mustíve felt to you. It seems so painful physically both mentally in this case. This story is seems so painful to think about. Its something only in your dreams you would think could happen. Like the part about the holes in your chest. Iím guessing that they came from the shards from the mine. That hurts just thinking about it. I donít understand how anyone at anytime could with stand that while helping. When you said the medic was yelling at you so that you would stay awake it reminded me of this book that we read this year in school. Its called The things they carried. . It really showed how close together the men were in Vietnam. They were almost like brother. Everyone was dedicated not only to themselves but to there friends also

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (required):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.