VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

Wed, December 12 2018, 11:37:59Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]9 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Sat, May 14 2005, 10:38:12
Author: Wayne
Author Host/IP: 209.240.205.60
Subject: Re: Mines
In reply to: Larry Lusk 's message, "Re: Mines" on Wed, May 11 2005, 13:01:49

Ditto on what Larry said about Claymores. The first thing I think of when talking claymore mines is having them turned on you, however they are most useful and effective in base camp settings where you have a field of fire or clear range so you are not surprised, and any soldier that fought in that war knows about surprise. It is inescapable.

The Nam War was known for it's booby traps and land mines. The booby traps were not as explained in training however. Everything had explosives attached to it. Our artillery rounds (duds) were used on us, after the VC fixed them up. Pungy stakes had explosives attached. Trip wires in the grass, impossible to detect while humping for days. It wasn't about getting cut or bruised but seriously messed up. Sending you back to never return and destroying troop morale. One booby trap and 100 soldiers looking at the damage. If you do grunt duty for any length of time, the land mine, booby trap will give you the serious yips about where you step, because of the damage you have witnessed.
Getting beyond that as a newbie is easy, but the longer you hang around, more dificult as a salt.

When I was hit, I couldn't believe it at first, but the blast knocked my M-16 out of my hand and plunged me head first but I wondered if I had been seriously hurt? Rounds in me or shrapnel or what? Then I wondered if I might be dieing? My left leg was numb so I wondered if it was still there? Yeah, it's there. Everyone was wounded, including the Corpsman. Who you gonna call? Front and center of the Man himself, thumb up or down?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.