VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

Tue, December 18 2018, 16:04:00Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]9 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Fri, May 20 2005, 12:24:40
Author: Mitch
Author Host/IP: 199.230.36.63
Subject: ty

Dear Don Pass,

I enjoyed your story about the importance of memory and prayer. Your story has truly touched me because it gives inspiration, encourages trust and encourages the power of love and friendship. It shows that singing, and prayer can soothe the soul, and give guidance. If only everyone could read your poem, then the world might better understand the Vietnam War. War causes so much destruction, and can only be combated with the urgency and healing of prayer, and singing. I sternly believe that with these tools of peace, they can fight off the traumatizing memories of war, the painful injuries, and the emotional damage of war? If good truly always defeats evil, the I trust that peace and symbols of peace will defeat war and its reign of terror of the soldiers who fought during the Vietnam War and the war today in Iraq, and the Middle East.

Dear David Roberts,

That was an interesting story, and was quite entertaining, (in a funny kind of way). It was very well written, especially for a short story. I never would have predicted the ending to your story. It also got me thinking of the importance of humor, even during times of chaos, fear, and war itself. Itís pleasing to hear that although some of your comrades died because of an admittedly "stupid" mistake, you still manage to make the most of things. With this story, you have taken this very scary, and traumatizing, (I can only guess), experience of being in Vietnam, and turned it into a completely, innocent, (or rather almost innocent), experience that you will actually enjoy remembering. I am proud of your service to Vietnam, among other things, but I believe it is best to leave you at that and end with a quote. "Men fall, men die, but a manís life, even after death, can change a world if used correctly, not wasted."

Dear Robert Anon,

I was laughing quite hard when I read your story about the water fight that you had in Vietnam. Using condoms as water balloons can only be described as interesting to read, at the least. Also, I still think calling a female officer "Thunder Thighs" seems kind of harsh, but still, at the same time very funny. Iím glad you can make the best of situations, specifically the war in Vietnam, and have fun even in times of war and combat. Iím sure you had many other great stories and adventures back in Vietnam. I wouldnít mind hearing more of your war-stories, as you seem like a light-hearted person. Keep them coming, and I truly wish you the best.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.