|Thursday, November 23, 20:01:03||
[ VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search |
Check update time
| Archives: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ]
[ Next Thread |
Previous Thread |
Next Message |
Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Fri, Sep 29 2017, 15:48:20 PDT
Author: STEVE GATTIS
Author Host/IP: h18.104.22.168.dynamic.ip.windstream.net / 22.214.171.124
Subject: RULES OF USE FOR THE VSPA BULLETIN BOARD AND THE FACEBOOK VSPA GROUP
Hello to all.
Some of the messages recently posted and removed were in direct violation of the Rules of Use for all bulletin boards made available by VOY. The VSPA does not own this bulletin board. Our free use of this bulletin board mandates that we comply with the rules established by VOY. Additionally, the VSPA has established rules in order to comply with IRS Rules regarding political activity by tax exempt entities.
The messages that were removed contained personal attacks and profanity from one VSPA member to another that cannot be tolerated, condoned or ignored. Therefore, the following Rules of Use are printed again for those who have forgotten how to treat each other with respect. Failure to follow the rules of use will jeopardize the VSPA relationship with VOY and result in the suspension of bulletin board privileges, not only for the VSPA by VOY, but also for the VSPA members who violate the Rules of Use so that the VSPA can continue to maintain a friendly, family oriented bulletin board.
Active duty personnel conduct research through our web site and this bulletin board. The children and grandchildren of those who served with us and have since died, consistently ask questions about our service in Vietnam and Thailand so that they can possibly connect with someone who knew their loved one. Please respect each other and the familial need of our families to find our about our service.
VSPA is a Family Rated Awards winning 1.15GBs+ nonprofit site averaging 1,500+ hits daily visitors since 1996.VSPA has two bulletin boards; both public and members-only.
The purpose for a public access VSPA Bulletin Board is to provide a forum for Vietnam Veterans and members of the Vietnam Security Police Association, Inc. (USAF), and their friends and families, and for the general public to discuss concerns and issues related to the war years. These discussions are hopefully educational, thought provoking, and civil in content. Several thousand visitors will read your message, including students and researchers. I especially encourage Vietvets to help educate these students who are asking for information about the war.
The purpose for a members-only access VSPA Restricted Area Bulletin Board is to provide a forum for members of the Vietnam Security Police Association, Inc. (USAF) and associate members, and not for the general public to discuss concerns and issues related to the war years, and at times concern matters the author does not want to become public knowledge.
Vietnam Security Police Association, Inc. (USAF) is incorporated as a 501©(19) Tax Exempt Veteran's Organization. Maintaining that status depends partially upon avoiding political issues, involvement and endorsements.
"Political issues" means discussions regarding public politicians, political parties, endorsements of bills, or campaigns, but not construed as the internal politics of the Vietnam Security Police Association, Inc. (USAF) .
Bulletin Boards' discussions are hopefully educational and thought provoking for members and the public. All posts must be civil in content.
Unfortunately, it is necessary to post rules and guidelines for submitting messages or responses at the VSPA Bulletin Board. Posting guidelines are basically the same for all VSPA Bulletin Boards, although requirements are relaxed slightly for the VSPA Restricted Area Bulletin Board. Guidelines for both state what should be common knowledge concerning manners of good behavior.
If you post a message at VSPA Bulletin Boards then you do so agreeing to be respectful, refrain from name-calling, and comply with the below guidelines. If you do not agree, do not post at VSPA Bulletin Board .
Guidelines for VSPA Bulletin Boards
Approved by the Board of the
Vietnam Security Police Association, Inc. (USAF)
1. All visitors placing messages or responses at VSPA Bulletin Board are required to sign their true name and e-mail address. You are notified that upon posting a message your e-mail and Server information are captured and may be used by anyone to file a formal complaint with the Server for gross violations that are profane and hateful directed toward anyone posting at this BB. However, Cookies are not given nor welcome here, and therefore no information is on file to be distributed to any individual, group, or commercial enterprise.
2. No profanity. This includes the "f_ _ _" type substitutions. No exceptions.
3. No racial name-calling, including "gook". No exceptions.
4. No all UPPER CASE or all lower case messages, or messages devoid of any punctuation.
5. No name-calling or belittling, demeaning, or grossly disrespectful statements, nor threats, implied threats, nor inappropriate expressions of actions you would like to do toward anyone. Everyone's entitled to post an appropriate message (Vietnam or veteran related issues) as long as it is presented respectfully and with some thought. Everyone can reply in a like manner. It is okay to disagree, recognizing we can be civil and allow other's their opinions.
6. No advertisements or messages. No exceptions.
7. No posting of the countless web-page rumors we are bombarded with daily!
8. No posting of stories, long poetry, or long remarks.
9. No posting unverified claims or statements attributed to others, without stating your source. If your source is that someone sent this to me by email... don't post it at VSPA . The classic example is the POW mistreatment by Jane Fonda in Hanoi, which is a totally bogus story that has been debunked by the POWs named in that story.
10. No False statements or claims.
11. No outrageous anti-war comments meant to incite harsh responses from readers.
12. No posting of BIOS.
13. No posting of long articles found elsewhere online. You may state there is an informative article at (enter the hyperlink URL address). Members interested will check it out.
14. Links: No posting a link(s) to an inappropriate website or file (i.e. that link or site would not comply with VSPA's BB Guidelines.
15. Topics/Subjects: Posting a Topic or Subject that may results in inappropriate response may result in removal of the entire post.
16. VSPA's Bulletin Board is a Family Rated BB, and we plan to keep it that way. Violations of the above guidelines will be deleted, generally without comment.
17. Repeat violations of the above guidelines will cause the visitor's email to be permanently blocked from all VSPA's email and BB features.
18. If the above guidelines seem too restrictive, then post your message elsewhere.
Next Thread |
Previous Thread |
Next Message |
[ Contact Forum Admin ]
Forum timezone: GMT-8|
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.