VoyForums

Thursday, November 23, 5:04:50VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Sun, Oct 08 2017, 22:34:37 PDT
Author: John Paul Coakley
Author Host/IP: c-24-9-154-104.hsd1.co.comcast.net / 24.9.154.104
Subject: Re: Resignation!
In reply to: Jackie R. kays 's message, "Resignation!" on Thu, Oct 05 2017, 6:12:48 PDT

Jackie ,
I can only echo all the glowing remarks others have made about who you are as a man and the contribution you've made to this organization .I've been busy with this move I'm making and just now found your posting about your resignation and I too was surprised .I agree with Ken de Russy's sentiments but I also respect your decision . My thoughts are this . This Organization is not the sole entity belonging to any one man it is the cumulative entity belonging to each and everyone of us . Jackie this organization is as much yours as anyone else's . I would also like to interject something here that maybe a lot of us haven't thought about .Many of us have PTSD issues ,myself included, and I don't find it unusual for me to get into heated discussions and I have to be vigilant about what I'm thinking and about to say . I've had heated discussions that I regret and I've tried to learn or at least be aware and ask myself ,"How important is it" ? I'm in favor reconciliation . At any given moment , anyone of us can be caught off guard or blindsided by a topic or subject . You know when we were back in the Nam ,I don't recall caring very much about what a man's politics were or what his philosophy was when I needed ammo , or water or a cigarette or coffee break or just a friendly face .Jackie I will continue to be your friend and I will respect whatever your decision is . If you do decide to go ,you will be sorely missed .One last thing , each and everyone of us has earned the right to think & feel as we choose as long as we do it with dignity & respect for the next person.
Jackie you're My Brother and you can't do anything about that so take my love and shove it up your heart !
John Paul , LM396 , Bien Hoa-Pleiku 65'-66'

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Post Password:
Keep password cookie for 24 hours

Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (required):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.