VoyForums

Tuesday, May 22, 7:14:08VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Mon, Jan 29 2018, 8:48:05 PST
Author: Steven Hall (Hall)
Author Host/IP: 76-234-224-141.lightspeed.irvnca.sbcglobal.net / 76.234.224.141
Subject: This date, 1969

From what I have read in Lt. Col. Rogers Fox's report, the sapper attempt on Binh Thuy AB on this date in 1969 was the last time the VC tried to get onto the base. For me, it was the only sapper attempt that I was involved with and it scared the hell out of me. LOL! I was in tower, Kilo 7a, on the east side of the base. I'd been having premonitions of "something not being right" for about 30 minutes when automatic gunfire was exchanged between the sappers and the ARVN listening post, both about 200 yards out to my left and right. The exchanges went on sporadically for about 10 minutes. After a while, an ARVN mortar crew lobbed a few rounds into the sapper's position. They must have been pretty accurate because two VC were killed. It was pretty scary, but nothing like what had happened at TSN and Bien Hoa a year earlier.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Post Password:
Keep password cookie for 24 hours

Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (required):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.