VoyForums

Monday, October 22, 1:46:35VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Mon, Feb 05 2018, 11:49:45 PST
Author: Jerry R. Nelson
Author Host/IP: 45-17-26-206.lightspeed.snantx.sbcglobal.net / 45.17.26.206
Subject: Presidential Candidacy

In recent weeks, I have observed and read the comments about what skills and qualifications are needed for the leadership positions in the VSPA. This has caused me to evaluate my goals and desires regarding my personal service in the VSPA. Almost six years ago, I was asked by the VSPA leadership to fill the vacated position of Secretary of the Association. Since that time, I have been elected to two more terms and been intimately involved with the Association’s activities with the Board of Directors. I have also continually volunteered for many other responsibilities that helped the VSPA. I truly have enjoyed my relationships with my Brothers and working to make the VSPA better for every member. The Brotherhood within the VSPA means the world to me and I will do anything to protect and improve it.

After discussions with my bride and many, many members of our Association, I have decided to seek the position of the Presidency of the VSPA during our up-coming election. I do not take this endeavor lightly and can promise, if elected, I will do all in my power to fulfill all responsibilities of that position to the best of my ability. I certainly appreciate all the former Presidents and their efforts to keep this a strong organization. I feel this is a pivotal time in VSPA history and a strong, independent leader is necessary. I believe that I am that leader. I will work hard to increase membership, always working with the Brotherhood to ensure its vitality and ensure the Board of Directors work together to make this organization better for everyone. There are many important issues facing the Association in our future and all must be addressed and handled by the BOD. I believe in a strong, active BOD that actively works issues as they arise. One person cannot handle all the issues; therefore, delegation of responsibilities is imperative. I, if elected, will work tirelessly to ensure that happens.

I would like to provide a brief background of my qualifications and why I feel that I am suited for this position. I retired from the USAF after a 27 year career as a Chief Master Sergeant. I served in Security Police for 12 years in many supervisory positions. I also served 15 years in Air Force Recruiting Service. My last position was as the Superintendent, 367th Recruiting Group and was responsible for slightly over 1,000 recruiters. After retirement, I immediately entered the business world on the Field Audit team with Primerica. I have been in the Company for 23 years and am preparing to retire in 2019. I supervise a Field Audit team that covers the middle part of the US. I have been in supervisory positions almost my entire career.

I have also served as the President of the Safeside Association since 2006. During those years, we have increased the size of the organization significantly and also incorporated as a tax-exempt organization, similar to the VSPA. We have also designed a memorial bench, with a planned dedication ceremony at the National Air Force Museum this year. With the cooperation of the Board of Directors, we have achieved many great things for our Association. I am very proud of our record of accomplishment during my tenure. I have already established a plan of succession for the Presidency of the Safeside Association, ensuring no conflict of interest between the two organizations. I was also selected to serve on the Board of Trustees of the Security Forces Museum. All these positions have provided me insight to the inner-workings of these organizations and enabled me to have a broader vision. I believe that every position that I have held or do hold will certainly make me better prepared for the future challenges facing the Association.

I feel I am qualified for the position, want to serve our Association and would love to have your support. I want to be everyone’s President and will work diligently to ensure any concerns or problems are addressed. I am available and willing to discuss any issues or concerns that you may have. Please contact me at jrnel1423@aol.com or call me at 210-273-4777. I look forward to discussing issues and/or seeing everyone in Tucson, AZ in Oct. Welcome Home Brothers!

Jerry R. Nelson
Life Member #668

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Post Password:
Keep password cookie for 24 hours

Message subject (required):

Name (VoyUser only):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (required):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.