VoyForums

Monday, May 21, 23:16:59VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Tue, May 08 2018, 18:54:45 PDT
Author: Bob Olson
Author Host/IP: cpe-172-89-220-245.socal.res.rr.com / 172.89.220.245
Subject: Prostate Cancer

On April 20, I was admitted to the hospital for prostate cancer surgery. The procedure was to remove the prostate robotically requiring less recovery time and pain.

Unfortunately, nothing went the way it was supposed to. My other medical issues complicated my recovery including pain management. I ended up developing a severe infection which almost took my life. I spent 12 days in the hospital for a procedure which normally takes 1-2 days.

Presently, I am at home receiving outside nursing care and Antibiotic injections administered by my wife. Although I am still not out of the woods yet, the prognosis is looking pretty good.

Everyone should be careful and have routine prostate exams. Don’t trust the PSA score as mine was only 0.6. It was the physical that found the cancer so keep this in mind.

With regard to VA healthcare, I am extremely grateful for the professional high quality care provided to me by the VA. Having my situation evaluated by both civilian and veteran facilities, I know the VA approach was the correct path to follow.

Bob Olson LM718

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Post Password:
Keep password cookie for 24 hours

Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (required):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.