VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789[10] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Saturday, December 08, 02:02:17pm
Author: SPC '91
Subject: Re: Difficlt Season.
In reply to: Peacock Fan 's message, "Difficlt Season." on Saturday, December 08, 11:05:55am

From what I've seen this year, once this team matures, watch out! We can be scary good (dare I say, LaSalle 1989-1990 good) by the time our freshman hit their junior season. This teams performance so far this year gives me the most optimism I've had in a very long time (since our teams of 1988-1996)

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Cold water. -- E++ (Pedantic), Saturday, December 08, 03:34:00pm [1]

Unfortunately Sowell will be long gone by the time "Jenkly" ( Lampkins sounded a little too feminine) is a junior and so far I don't see a replacement for him. Bacon might grow into the role ( pun intended ( Its actually a part of speech called "Zeugma")) but he might not; nobody else yet either on the team or in the next recruiting class seems likely to do the job. And, unless Dunne get a real center in this class, that player, if does arrive, will be new to the team in 2009-10 and we'll be having exactly the same conversation:"Needs time to jell and develop..."

It might just be that this team, in March, will be the best team of their careers a fact that makes these early losses hurt even more.

I just hope that John doesn't waste these kids the way that KeeKee was wasted for the lack of players around him.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Cold water. -- loyal, Saturday, December 08, 04:31:04pm [1]

The VA recruit seems like an inside banger. Of course, who knows anything about how his game translates to Division 1?

Agree the answer is not now apparent, but I take solace in the fact Dunne recruited very well, considering everything, landing Jenkins, Bacon, Lampley, Hogga, etc. He is smart and if we see the team needs rebounds the next two seasons, or it risks wasting the guard talent, Dunne sees it, too.

I acknowledge it is blind faith at this point, but, I have it.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Cold water. -- jajk, Saturday, December 08, 05:00:45pm [1]

Fun post to read and right on target. I like Bacon's play and potential a lot but not sure if he can be the "big" guy. As far as getting one, I guess the negative is that it is never an easy get at our level. But on the other hand, Dunne seems to be in as a good a position as possible at this time to do it. He can sell immediate time available and being part of a great three years. By the way,I am not happy with Jenkly's play to date. I am elated ! Wish some of our posters had as much heart as Darrell. He is starting to get to the foul line on drives as so many were pining for. He still opens up the court like no other player on our team. And he is showing signs of the special,special player he will be when we run the court. Still seems to be the whipping boy of some here no matter what he does. Shot is starting to fall. And too many shots ! What are we watching or counting! Eight last night including two on fast breaks.

And more good news,Gooding is cutting way down on his unforced errors and still going to the basket. And in the big picture, we only had to watch the five minutes of the RU game and the first ten of SH to know what a solid get Hogga is for the program. I still insist on including Akeem as part of this class since he still has not played a full season of college bb . So six of eight frosh in 8 man rotation and doing just great by me. Sure we'd all like more wins but every game has been a fun watch.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: Cold water. -- oldtimer#1, Saturday, December 08, 06:18:41pm [1]

jajk, out of respect for Darrell and the learning curve he is on I will not comment on your above post except to say that either you don't know as much about the game as I thought you did or you are extremely stubborn. I want to root for the young man but your unrealistic hype of a freshman who is having a difficult time is troubling.

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.