VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789[10] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Friday, December 14, 12:06:50pm
Author: Eport
Subject: LIU Game

The LIU game will be a tough test. They have a solid 8 man rotation and are 5-0 at home. We do match up well against them in the height department.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: LIU Game -- oldtimer#1, Friday, December 14, 02:50:16pm [1]

Agreed. Beat Canisius and FDU at home. No one player or scorer stands out for LIU. Seem to have solid players and decent substitutes, Similar in that regard to SPC. LIU's home attendence is lower than ours so, as with us, home court is not a great advantage. Regard this as one we could and should win on the road. Will give us a good indication of teams progress to date.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> You ever been there -- Peacock, Friday, December 14, 03:47:40pm [1]

Its an advantage for them just by its nature.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: You ever been there -- oldtimer#1, Friday, December 14, 03:58:38pm [1]

Been there several times years ago when they played on a "stage". Any team that plays at home always has somewhat of an advantage. However, when you don't have a crowd ( sort of like our home games), that advantage is minimized. Canisius had a double digit lead in the second half but blew the game, Given Canisius' performance to date, should be a reason for optimism. Thus my feeling that this game and the FDU game will tell us a great deal about our team.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> Re: You ever been there -- observer, Friday, December 14, 10:40:40pm [1]

Never thought I'd see the day when critical games for SPC's program was FDU and LIU. Going back 40 years I remember when SPC got themselves ranked "25th" in the nation before losing to Villanova, then lost three or four games b4 losing to So. Illinois in the NIT. It's kinda sad that the program has struggled since Fiore got bounced (even though it came to life a little bit in the Clark era).

You guys are right: the next two games will determine whether any progress is being made.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> Re: You ever been there -- loyal, Friday, December 14, 11:18:47pm [1]

Agree both games are winnable, but playing 5 frosh in our 8 man rotation translates into not knowing what to expect night in and night out. Sowell and Orta, our two seniors, are consistent.....elsewhere, every night is an adventure.

Will be tough to achieve consistency this year, but the program is definitely heading in the right direction.

We'll need a big dose of patience this season, though.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: You ever been there -- SPC Fan, Saturday, December 15, 08:59:38am [1]

Anyone who's been to LIU knows it'a a very tough place to play.Converted theatre,very loud,feeling of playing in a box. I remember the Fiore teams which were experienced and winning teams struggling there.We have a better shot at FDU.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> Re: You ever been there -- Stats, Saturday, December 15, 09:53:40am [1]

I'm pretty sure LIU is playing in a new gym, part of a $50 million dollar state of the art student center which opened last year.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> Re: You ever been there -- BlastFromThePast (only the ghost of Alan Freed), Saturday, December 15, 11:36:34am [1]

http://www.liuathletics.com/Sports/gen/2007/WellnessCenter.asp

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> Re: You ever been there -- Coach Knight, Saturday, December 15, 01:38:53pm [1]

Nice to see how many keep up to date on where our opponents play.The new arena opened almost 2 yrs ago!!

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> How pathetic! -- Realist, Saturday, December 15, 02:19:38pm [1]

You have to work so hard to always find something negative to offer.

What a sad, isolated life you must enjoy.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Re: How pathetic! -- Coach Knight, Saturday, December 15, 03:09:30pm [1]

Not hard at all.Guys like you make it easy.I am positive on the team and the coaching staff but negative on many of the people that post here, like you. Not all posters just a few.You would be very lucky to have as good a life as I enjoy.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Re: How pathetic! -- Realist, Saturday, December 15, 03:44:25pm [1]

Takes a very small person to criticize one that might not be as erudite as to know where an opponent plays their home basketball.

Or, from the other side, how pathetic an individual who has little in life other than to feel superior for knowing the home court of an opponent.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Re: How pathetic! -- Coach Knight, Saturday, December 15, 09:13:01pm [1]

Or how pathetic of you to be so stupid. I think before you make an issue of where a team plays you should maybe make sure you know what you are talking about. Why do you take offense at such a minor thing as my remark?

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Re: How pathetic! -- Realist, Sunday, December 16, 12:04:26pm [1]

Because you have a history of petty, negative attacks.

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.