VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789[10] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Friday, December 21, 05:35:53pm
Author: Peacock Fan.
Subject: Re: My 2 cents
In reply to: oldtimer#1 's message, "My 2 cents" on Friday, December 21, 11:02:40am

You're off the hook oldtimer #1. I donated the $100.00 to the V Foundation.

I thought that more posters would take me up on a "worthwhile" wager, but I was wrong. They're not as serious in their convictions as I thought.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> Re: My 2 cents -- Cindy Crawford, Friday, December 21, 07:30:50pm [1]

Oh, we're serious about our belief in the Peacocks ,but I for one wouldn't want another person on this board rooting against the Peacocks just so he could be right about a win total.If the Peacocks don't reach double digets I'll send Don Kennedy Club even more mone than I have ,'cause they'll need it to recruit.
Merry Christmas again.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> It is funny -- Peacock, Friday, December 21, 10:55:52pm [1]

How people perceive a season. No one doubts that we had a very good recruiting class. Some even went so far as touting some players as the greatest we might ever have. However most have been short sighted in both their projections and their current assessments. There are good and bad for the current season and those on either side of the argument have obstacles to overcome.
First the bad.

Yes it is true we have been competitive, but any analysis of the opposition shows that they were no where near anything of the upper level At best a couple are only mid pack. Trying to say they were a very good team that beat us smacks of high bias. LIU was picked last in the NEC. UMBC is doing OK but not a world beater. Rutgers actually sucks as does Monmouth. At least Wagner was picked ~3rd in the NEC. UT Martin is sub 500. So no matter how you cut it, our 3-6 records comes at the expense of mediocre to poor level. That is the only thing bad I have to say, with maybe a comment on Lampley, which I will make in the good.

In the good, not one of the new recruits has shown not to be of D1 caliber. One could not say that of many of the past regime's recruits. A realist will recognize that trying to field three newbies at a time against even mediocre D1 talent does not go real well. I have seen two games and have reports from every astute people who have seen all the games and only one dilemma seems to pop out. Is it either lack of offensive sets or poor execution that occurs? The fact that we have freshman with all their poor habits on the floor most of the time I will side with poor execution. That is not unexpected with the amount of freshman we have. One has to wonder why most of Jenkins attempts are always defended against. Screens to get him clear shots are not being developed. Lampley actually believes all the BS from his followers about his skills. He most likely is first or second behind Jenkins in talent on the squad but has shown a disdain at times for team play taking it upon himself. Some believe that is what Dunne should do. Let Lampley be Lampley. His current suspension argues that Dunne will either make a consummate D1 player of Lampley or he will do it at the another school. My hope is that the kid comes around as he could be something special. So in the end we have had a decent performance from the freshman.

As time goes on, we will see if they do indeed mature. Bad season. Not sure how many thought we would have 10 to 15 wins. However everyone talks as if that is what we should have. I only projected 10 wins and that is still easily within out grasp. If Lampley decides to leave, it might be a little rougher but not unattainable. But no matter how you cut it, this team is fun to watch and not the mess of the past, which without Clark might have totaled 20 wins for the past five years. There is direction and while most don't seem happy we do want to see growth. One of the more intelligent posts on the MAAC board made exactly that point. There is too much of this praise about players without substance to back it up and some have hyped these kids well beyond their talent level.

In conclusion, considering the staved budget if the program, bets funneling money elsewhere other than the Kennedy Club show lack of knowledge on the state of the program.

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.