VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat for Free
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, February 03, 11:04:43am
Author: SPC '91
Subject: Re: Siena Posters
In reply to: oldtimer#1 's message, "Siena Posters" on Tuesday, February 03, 10:01:39am

Well said!!

I visited the Siena board yesterday and saw some of the denegrating posts regarding the campus, Jersey City, etc. Obviously, as you point out, no one is paying attention to the renaissance that is taking hold in Jersey City and the SPC Campus area. I work nearby in Weehawken and get to the Old U on occasion for games, to visit the bookstore (my daughter proudly wears her sweatshirt to middle school practically on a daily basis), speak to Fr. Lynch and some of the other Jesuits, etc. What Dr. Cornaccia is doing in terms of improving facilities is great so far. It will only be a matter of time before Yanatelli Center also sees some upgrades.

Bottom line, the school is showing improvement including our basketball program. I think we will be significantly improved next season. Dare I say, we may even make some noise come MAAC Tourney time.

One final word on some of the Siena posters. At times they are as delusional as some of the Fairfield posters in recent years. However, I will give their team their due. They are a very good squad and they should enjoy them without lowering themselves by denegrating the other MAAC schools. Remember that success in the MAAC Conference is cyclical. No one stays on top forever. It wasn't that long ago that Manhattan and Iona ruled the conference and are now struggling.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> Re: Siena Posters -- Gray Poll, Tuesday, February 03, 11:41:49am [1]

Disparaging your opponent is the last recourse of a scoundrel.

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.