VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]
Subject: Matt Irving Memorial Gig.

Author:
Hamish Stuart
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 02:41:50 12/07/15 Mon

Some may know my lifelong friend Matt Irving from his time in Paul Young's touring band back in the 80's and also from his time with Squeeze and again with Paul's TexMex band Los Pacaminos.
Sadly we lost Matt to Prostate Cancer after 7 or so years of fighting it. He was my oldest friend and we met at school back when we were both around 13. We worked together a lot until AWB kicked off and lost touch for a few years but when we reconnected we worked together a lot, the last time being when Matt called me about a project for the charity Prostate Cancer UK. We duly recorded two songs for the album with tracks donated by Nick Kershaw, Andy Fairweather Lowe, Chris Difford, Joe Brown and of course Los Pacaminos.
The songs we recorded were to be some of the last things he did as he passed away around three weeks after the sessions, which had been a gathering of his non 'Pacaminos' friends.
There will be a concert in Matt's honour on his birthday March 16th 2016 and details are on the link I'll attach to this post.
All the best for this upcoming holiday season.
Hame
http://bit.ly/ISLMenUnited

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: Matt Irving Memorial Gig.Alan Irving07:46:32 12/23/15 Wed

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.