VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]
Subject: AWB New Box Set - "All the Pieces"

Author:
John
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 20:48:33 04/12/16 Tue

I just ordered the new box set "all the pieces". Outstanding. I already had all of AWB's albums and cd's and mainly purchased this for the previously unreleased material and the clover sessions. What surprised me the most was the quality of the CD's. The transfers must have been handling expertly b/c they are all outstanding.

I have thousands of cd's and albums and I still rank AWB's white album as one of the top 5 albums ever made by any artist. Interestingly, in high school I listened to ALL of AWB's music, but my favorites are: White album, Soul Searching, Cut the Cake, Shine, and Vol XIII. Those cd's have never grown old for me.

What I wanted to ask Hamish or Malcolm is this: There's a pretty big difference in the sound/feel of the songs from the Clover Sessions to what eventually became the White album. Is the difference in sound/quality mostly attributable to Arif Mardin's involvement? John

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: AWB New Box Set - "All the Pieces"Hamish Stuart (Hi)01:31:36 04/15/16 Fri

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.