VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]
Subject: Vivian Cherry

Author:
Hamish Stuart (Great)
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 08:17:03 04/24/17 Mon

As I said before Vivian Cherry was part of the NY session singer scene and her and Patti Austin did so much work together. Vivian, myself, Yolanda and Luther did a little show together in an Off Broadway supper club round about 81 maybe. Luther had just done his album with Never Too Much and A House Is Not A Home and was about to take off! We each did two songs, those two being Luther's. I did Whatcha Gonna Do For Me and Growing Pains from that AWB Volume 8. Vivian did a great version of a Pages song and having that vocal arranger head on came up with a great Soul take on Christopher Cross's song Sailing. We had so much fun on those two shows we did. the band was superb of course with Mr. Ferrone plus Loweko Harper on bass and Georg Wadenius who played on the recording of Never Too Much. We had a ball singing together and I just wish the night had been recorded or filmed, however it will remain in the 'Soul Camera'.
Best H

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: Vivian CherryRoy Fellows (Timeless)05:45:45 05/06/17 Sat

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.