VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Fri, December 21 2018, 11:52:01
Author: PFM
Subject: Questions & Comments

Just a few questions. Where are all the “lots of talent on this team” blog posters now?

Any comments from the “can’t wait for Lotts” to get back crowd? So far in the last two games 16 minutes, no points, two rebounds and 3 personal fouls.

And Jalanni White must have video of RW kicking homeless people on Main Street, there is no other explanation of why he continues to start and get minutes.

Faulkner is picking up where he left off last year as the only real producing big man but he can only get 16 minutes a game and for some reason doesn’t deserve a start.

Back when we projected minutes for each player I assumed our coaching staff know what they were doing when they brought in junior college, three star player Johnson-Alls – NOT – a total waste. Thank God Hitchon has stepped up his game and with real minute against some good teams early on he could be a big contributor in the MAAC games if he can control the pf’s and RW gives him the minutes.

Meanwhile Henderson, coming off his best game as a Griff, only gets 6 minutes against Holy Cross. He has given us 23 points in 59 minutes over the last four games (a 12 point average for a 30 minute stint) has the best shooting percentage on the team by far but he get only 6 minutes! Losing Foley really hurt, prevents us from playing with four quality guards on the court. Just not enough capable bodies.

So now the latest refrain is “well we’re bad but the MAAC is worse.” Well as they say in Alabama “our (insert whatever, schools, education, etc., etc.) are bad but thank God for Mississippi.”

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: Questions & Comments -- Mike Bundt (Big 4 Hoops Blogger), Fri, December 21 2018, 14:50:52

I still believe Canisius has some strong players on this team. Isaiah Reese and Takal Molson are top tier MAAC players when they're gelling.

We're still in non-conference play and it's WAY too early to panic. If they continue to struggle in January, then we can talk but I believe they'll turn it around and finish in the top half of the conference.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Questions & Comments -- PFM, Sat, December 22 2018, 3:36:07

Ya, Reese & Molson are (should be) good but the last time I looked it actually took five guy on the court to play the game and another two or three off the bench who contribute to win game. Oh, and that's the RIGHT 7 or 8 guy! So sit White, Lotts, & St Louis until they prove in practice that they can provide meaningful minutes, play the legs off Hitchons and Faulkner and use Sanks and Henderson to soak up as many minutes as possible....otherwise you can cancel your March Madness tickets.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Questions & Comments -- Griff72, Sat, December 22 2018, 4:51:50

I suspect this team will improve as the season goes on into MAAC play, they can't be this bad the whole season , the questions on coaching and recruiting will continue to mount unless there is a total turnaround soon, it will be interesting the next game with UB to watch the contrasting coaching with the fire breathing Oates on one side and our so far this year totally placid Reggie generally looking helpless on the other, it's clear in todays college basketball world success is driven by the coach and staff and our staff is now in question as to style and whether they can recruit anybody with any other interest, at this point we are just a hair above Daeman in the hierarchy of Buffalo sports importance!

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Questions & Comments -- Griffsfsn, Sat, December 22 2018, 8:20:16

The athletic department announced 6 recruit signings for hockey and 3 recruit signings for womens basketball. There was no mention of mens basketball, Why were there no early signings for mens basketball? What is happening with the recruiting? Are there 3 or 4 scholarships available? Does Ford have a scholarship?

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Questions & Comments -- Cager, Sat, December 22 2018, 9:23:51

I can understand the frustration on the part of many, but I agree, it's too early to be all over RW and his staff. There is no question that our big guy are not getting the job done. Our rebounding is being done by Molson, Reece, and Johnson. Our bigs are doing nothing on the glass, nor in scoring, so yes, sit them down, and play small. Johnson has to score 10 or 12 a game for this team to be successful. Vs Holy Cross he registered 2 pts.I feel certain that our coaches are well aware of this group's shortcomings, and things will improve. No question they have to land a decent recruiting class coming in . Let's be patient,and give them a chance. I'm optimistic, and go Griffs!!!

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: Questions & Comments -- Good Points, Sun, December 23 2018, 8:11:36

I agree that Reggie and his staff are top tier coaches that will right the ship very soon. He has a long history of success including winning programs and excellent player development. We have some excellent players like Reese, Johnson, Molson, and good players like Faulkner plus some players that have shown great development like Hitchons and St Louis. I enjoy the team concepts and seeing how players improve during the season and their careers under Reggie. Reggie's offense has proven successful in the past so we should not give up on it now. He is really known as a defensive coach which will help us as the season progresses. I think the conference season will turn out much better than people are expecting and look forward to a very good season.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Questions & Comments -- MGE, Sat, December 22 2018, 12:05:02

Nate & Reggie have two different styles and both seem to work. The Griffs and Reggie have a chance to show WNY what they’re all about. We’ve always played UB tough and I expect nothing but the same. Come Griffs, let’s play as a team and start putting those chemistry lessons to good use. Go Griffs!

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: Questions & Comments -- INT, Sun, December 23 2018, 9:11:16

I think the guy does care. The Griffs will never play in front of crowds like they did in the 50’s - 60’s those games are gone but they can make an effort to build a competitive program. The bigger issue I have is with our students and the lack of school spirit.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Questions & Comments -- OLD GRIFF FAN, Sat, December 22 2018, 14:14:49

Do you really think Reggie cares, with the contract he has he can sit back and listen because he will retire after he's done here and watch the program go D-2.Also after the U.B. game the Griffs will be playing in front of 600-700 fans a game.

[ Edit | View ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-10
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.