VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Sat, December 29 2018, 16:06:25
Author: JJ
Subject: Our offense is terrible!

Typical Griffs, hang for a bit and then go cold for almost 5 minutes which allows UB to pull away. Come on Reggie and the coaches this is becoming too predictable. Don't we have anyone on this team that wants to lead & score? Give me a Micky Frazier, Duke Richardson or Billy Baron. Go Griffs!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: Our offense is terrible! -- Griff, Sat, December 29 2018, 17:12:51

I agree that the offense is stagnant at best. And the shooting is deplorable. I only have vague memories of Duke Richardson. Baron definitely. But Frazier lol? Come on.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Our offense is terrible! -- UFC, Sat, December 29 2018, 17:21:34

Defend Main Street? We're in trouble, there is no one on this team besides Molson & Reese who can score. Reese's lack of contributions in the 2nd half killed us. Sad state of affairs considering all the pre-season hype and player videos. This team needs to spend more time practicing vs. putting videos out on social media. Disappointed to say the very least. I hope the tides will turn in MAAC play but any average coach can figure this team out.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Our offense is terrible! -- HAHA!!!, Sat, December 29 2018, 23:58:02

I'm sorry. Do you think Molson, Reese, and Reggie just sit together in some room filming and creating videos? That's the SID staff and seriously for the amount of resources Canisius has, the Athletic Communications office does an amazing job.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Our offense is terrible! -- MGE, Sun, December 30 2018, 0:49:27

I didn’t see the game but it sounds like the Griffs played well enough at times to win. It’s now on to MAAC play (Marist); the Griffs need to find the silver lining of their most recent effort as well as the scoring drought during critical times.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: Our offense is terrible! -- Griff Man, Sun, December 30 2018, 17:45:58

When you are not getting any points in the paint, and your best 3 players(Molson,Reese, and Johnson) are a combined 3 for 23 from 3 point land,, is it any wonder why the Griffs lost this game to a very good team? Their offense currently is pathetic. Not a very entertaining evening watching them play. It is more frustrating than anything else.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Our offense is terrible! -- L82Griff, Sun, December 30 2018, 9:50:04

This is amusing to me...last year other posters were upset with me for calling out the high-ball screen offense. This year, people are off the Reggie bandwagon.

So let’s try this conversation again and see who actually watched games as opposed to who drank the koolaid...

The high-ball screen is one of the most elementary offenses in the game. You can google it and find that to be true, which it appears that everyone we have played this year has.

Now you may be asking yourself “why were they so good last year then?” The answer is that you had a guy that drew defenders and also had talent in the mid range to bail us out. We could also play up-tempo transition ball.

This year is almost complete opposite, no bail out guy, shoot the 3 rather than look inside, and playing two guys that aren’t fast and they empty their gas tanks in the first 3min.

Do I think this season is lost, not yet...the MAAC is seriously terrible this year. We need less forced 3’s from Molson, and more drives from the team in general. The only time we should play two big men is if Faulkner is one of them, then just do short shifts for White, Lotts, Hitchon, and St. Louis.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Our offense is terrible! -- MGE, Tue, January 01 2019, 7:17:22

I agree with this. Let’s hope the Griffs start to make the above mentioned observations. Go Griffs!

[ Edit | View ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-10
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.