VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Fri, January 11 2019, 18:04:02
Author: CBlocked
Subject: Classic Canisius

I’ve watched Canisius basketball since I was a wee lad. Been going to games, listening to WECK, watching on ESPN3 and even in the KAC. But I have to say Reggie is doing an awful job with this team.

I get scheduling big teams. The Villanovas and Florida States of the college basketball world in an effort to prepare this team for the future but my God sown the stretch they look like a guy who just popped a giant spoonful of soup in their mouth and don’t know how to fix it. Can’t handle the pressure, decide it’s more important to “flex” on kids when they’ve tied the game up. The last time I checked “flexing” doesn’t get you 2 points. Instead of “flexing” how about we play some defense because the last time I checked giving up 50+ in a half often results in a loss.

His roatation is worse than my tires when I forget to go to my mechanic to get them done. What did Faulkner do to deserve to be sent to the end of the bench in the second half? Call Reggie Jim baron? Jesus. The kid is the biggest spark off the bench and instead you’re inserting Hitchon back into the lineup who might have a better chance of hitting a field goal than Cody Parkey. Yes I get they’re young, yes I get this is college athletics and I shouldn’t care but we haven’t been to the tournament since 1996...22 years of classic Canisius basketball.

Reggie, is a good coach, will get the team motivated and ready to play. But stops coaching when his team gets screwed. It’s like the gym thermostat goes up to 1000 the way he rips his coat off. Let’s atop with the antics and mark down some X’s and O’s. Iona comes in Sunday and I wouldn’t be shocked if they blow the doors off the KAC...maybe that’ll cool Reggie down.

23 years and counting...

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: Classic Canisius -- Years of Tears, Sat, January 12 2019, 6:11:52

Years of tears my friend. Years of tears. Need a young up and coming coach not a coach on decline. 96 was a coached by a gentleman named Belein. That’s what works. Find the next young coach not buddy looking for a job after getting fired.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Classic Canisius -- Patrick Beilein, Sat, January 12 2019, 14:23:54

I would take him tomorrow.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Classic Canisius -- left-coast griff, Sun, January 13 2019, 9:49:28

Supposedly he turned down the Marist job this past offseason. He might be looking for something at a higher level than CC; there are some Richmond fans who want him to replace their current coach.

[ Edit | View ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-10
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.