VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Thu, January 31 2019, 10:26:49
Author: Griffhopeful
Subject: Canisius Fan Base

Things are defintely interesting down on Main St. Somehow, the Griffs have done well on the road (minus the NU game) and are in the mix for contending for the MAAC.

But how do you sit the best player? It was mind-boggling to see our top scorer out for most of the game.

I'd really like to see more fans at Canisius games. It has been disheartening to see almost no students (I'm sure the NU game will have a decent fan base) With an aging season-ticket holder base, who will be watching the Griffs in 15-20 years?

Grant it, I understand winning helps (Look at UB, make 3 out of 4 NCAA Tournaments) People have defintely jumped on the UB bandwagon. Have had over 6,000 people at games several times this year.

If you can't get students to come to games when they are at school, how can you expect them to buy tickets as alumni?

Where do you see Canisius b-ball this year? 5 Years? 15 years?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: Canisius Fan Base -- MGE, Thu, January 31 2019, 15:46:59

The school cancelled the bus to Niagara. You need to win your games at home if you expect people to go to the games. Losing a game against your arch rival doesn’t help to fill the seats this weekend. The Griffs need to rethink their marketing efforts. Hockey has done a decent job of building a following; perhaps the Griffs can model some of things that they’re doing. At the end of the day, winning helps. Go Griffs and let’s get these next two home games.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Canisius Fan Base -- Griffin Mike, Thu, January 31 2019, 16:19:02

I mentioned it before, I am optimistic for our future (assuming we get Reese and Reggie on the same page). Next year could be a really special year - and with UB likely plunging, we can really fill that void with WNY's renewed interest in CBB. Canisius is buffalo's true college basketball team, always has been, always will be.

If we can get our heads right, and finish strong my only worry would be having enough seats for everyone at the games next year!

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Canisius Fan Base -- Franklin, Fri, February 01 2019, 7:31:11

Thank you for being optimistic. I am not and actually am depressed about the program. In my mind, we have a crummy coach. I think he is a really nice guy, but a crummy coach. I like to win and it burns my a$$ to lose to NU, Bona and UB. Maybe I'm being too reactive or emotional, but heck, if you can't be emotional to Little 3 or Big 4 games, when are you allowed to be?

The few of us who support the team at the KAC will show up regardless. Will the next generation buy tickets?

Whether winning or losing, the in-game presentation at the KAC is about as boring and dull as you'll find. There is no comparison to a UB game or Bandits game (I mention the Bandits because it's affordable winter-time family entertainment). Does anyone in the athletic department ever go to a sporting event, pro or college, outside of the KAC? I can only guess "No" since our in-game experience is so damn boring & lifeless.

I don't have the answers and it's not my job to research how to improve home game atmosphere. But it's SOMEONE'S job at Canisius and they're failing.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Canisius Fan Base -- L82Griff, Fri, February 01 2019, 12:42:15

Let’s see how optimistic you are next year when Molson and Reese are playing at other schools

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Canisius Fan Base -- NBF, Fri, February 01 2019, 18:36:49

Reese is gone already and they did pretty good tonight against Quinnipiac. Always someone else waiting to get their chance. Henderson will be a great MAAC player.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Canisius Fan Base -- C-Block’s President, Fri, February 01 2019, 20:17:34

The reality is this, without a coach who actively encourages the students to make an appearance at Koessler, fan support will suffer immensely. Reggie made it clear early on that he doesn’t like to coach nor do his players like to play at Koessler. You can’t just expect fans to show up, you have to cultivate those relationships, and if you don’t, you will find koessler empty and crickets chirping in February.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Canisius Fan Base -- Gimme a break., Mon, February 04 2019, 18:31:17

I think the Griffs made the comment that they don’t like playing at home because most students don’t help to create a sense of energy. The lack of engagement and cheering isn’t all that great. The Griffs haven’t helped themselves by playing poorly at home. But come on, support your school and team. Don’t worry what the coaches have said, let it go. The past is the past. If UB, BONA, Niagara and freaking Daemen can do it so can us. Go Griffs!

[ Edit | View ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-10
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.