VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Sun, February 17 2019, 10:05:28
Author: Sad Griff Supporter (Pissed)
Subject: C-Block

It is absolutely unbelievable that we have a team in first place in the MAAC and we have maybe 7 students at a conference game in the East side of the gym. I miss the days when Baseline Joe was running the sideline and cheering on our guys with the same energy in 20-point wins or 20-point losses. C-Block is abysmal this year and it needs to be addressed. #BringBackBJ

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: C-Block -- griffsfan, Sun, February 17 2019, 13:48:22

We're the students away this weekend? C-Block President, is there anything that you can do to get more students to the last 2 home games. Their support is needed. Drive to Olean and you will see great student support at the Bona games.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> We don’t attract kids who love sports -- Sad but true, Sun, February 17 2019, 14:13:44

For years between Dorm Block & C Block we had kids who loved sports and made an effort to display school spirit. For me we have too many local kids who treat Canisius like a pure commuter school. Canisius is their backup school and on the weekends or on long weekends like this they head home or elsewhere. We need more kids from outside the 716 area code and also put a product on the floor that is entertaining to watch. The Griffs have consistently have fallen short at home. The games that we need to win we play like crap! Then we have coaches who alienate the few students we have. The Griffs have a PR problem and it’s not solved with free pizza. Do something that creates energy and school spirit. If you want a few examples head east down Main Street or to Olean.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: We don’t attract kids who love sports -- GoldenGriff32, Mon, February 18 2019, 11:23:12

The lack of students are a major embarrassment.I don't get it.Also what did Reggie do to alienate the few student fans we had? As bad as we are, we are still in first. Go Griffs

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: C-Block -- Franklin, Mon, February 18 2019, 6:05:06

Can't see how the task of improving student attendance/participation does not begin with, and rest solely on, the athletic department. Who at Canisius is doing what to get the students to walk to the KAC?

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: C-Block -- I think that’s issue, Mon, February 18 2019, 15:55:57

The department isn’t doing enough and the students can do much better.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: C-Block -- BBD, Thu, February 21 2019, 7:26:24

I agree with you, on both. I hope the department reaches out and the students are receptive. The players deserve some support from their classmates. I hope to see a full C-Block for the last 2 home games. First game is a rivalry game vs Niagara. The last game of the year could be for first place. If students don't come out for those 2 games, it doesn't look good for C-Block support. If it's half full, well it's a start I guess. Go Griffs!

[ Edit | View ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-10
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.