VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Fri, February 22 2019, 16:24:14
Author: Griff
Subject: Not Pretty...

but a really gritty win! Way to go Griffs!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: Not Pretty... -- yogi, Fri, February 22 2019, 17:19:31

How many road games are you going to win shooting 30 per cent from the field? The MACC really sucks this year. We are the most flawed first place team in the US!!! Nice to win but so ugly to watch. I do not even want to think about next year. Sanks and Faulkner are gone. Who is going to play????

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Not Pretty... -- Hmm, Fri, February 22 2019, 19:33:46

We won the game and that is with 2 of our main guys just not hitting shots at all and Takal was off too. Sanks 2-11, Malik 1-9, Takal 5-16 and he was 3-11 from 3. Faulkner was 3-8 not bad, but I think Hitchon saved the game for us tonight, 14 pts, 6 rebs, 2 blocks, 2 steals, 2 assists, 5-9 shooting. Again Hitchon the best shooting percentage for the game. The future looks good not bleak. Henderson will fill in for Sanks and Hitchon will play 10-15 minutes a game more next year to make up for Faulkner. Hitchon only plays 22 mins a game this year. For example Crumpton played 38 minutes a game. If Hitchon can handle the minutes, problem solved. He needs to put on some more size in the off season. Go Griffs!

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: Not Pretty... -- Cager, Sat, February 23 2019, 9:58:09

Hard to believe this team could win a game when Johnson is having a terrible game. Let's hope he does better vs Iona. As far as the future is concerned, I believe the coaches have to bring in some talent this year, or we cxould be in big trouble. Go Griffs!!!

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> Re: Not Pretty... -- BBD, Sat, February 23 2019, 13:11:24

I agree, they need to continue to recruit solid players. Which I'm sure they are trying to do. I'm sure Johnson will have a much better game tomorrow. He is at his best when he has a pass first, shoot second mentality. He ends up with more points and assists when he does. Go Griffs!

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Not Pretty... -- Consider this, Sat, February 23 2019, 11:37:34

I think we will be improved next year. There are a couple things you aren't considering. Reggie is renown for hi player development. Another year of developing will help the young guys a lot. The guys that are only getting a few minutes this year will play more prominent roles on the team next year. The new recruits and red shirts will help too. I'm looking forward to seeing the new guys that Reggie brings in since he has been a successful recruiter in the past. It will be interesting to see if he continues to pursue the international players with success including Canada and Europe. I have confidence that we will be an improved team next year and probably favorites to repeat in the MAAC.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Not Pretty... -- L82Griff, Sun, February 24 2019, 7:20:25

Are you insane??? There is no way we are better or the MAAC Favorite.

First point you talk about recruitment. Just to be clear we have not secured one single commitment yet. The talent pool isn’t that deep and it’s drying up the longer we wait. Griffs are in first right now, strike while the iron is hot and bring recruits to big games (away) and sign them if they show any excitement. Also, Reggie’s top recruit was Johnson-Alls for this year and we all saw how that worked out!

Second point is counting on red shirts...as of right now, we have none! NCAA rules basically state once a player checks into any game, the red shirt is gone. We have checked in every single player this year. The only one that may have a chance at a red shirt is Ford because he can apply for medical red shirt.

Last point is this staff develops players...which players have they developed into studs? Oh I know, Isaiah Reese...where is he again? Hitchon sure he has got a touch better, but he’s softer than fresh marshmallow on defense (which according to some on here is Reggie’s area of expertise).

This staff is fighting an uphill battle especially losing Reese, Faulkner, and Sanks after this season. Next year will be a true test to see if this staff will have any longevity. Let’s not forget, after this season, Reggie only has 2 seasons left on his contract. The MAAC likely won’t get any worse than it is this year, Cluess always figures it out, Dunleavy seems to be the real deal, and Siena is seeing a resurgence.

My prediction: Based on the poor feedback Maher is receiving from alumni about Reggie’s interactions, the lack of growth, and the major scar left behind by wasting Kassius, Valenti, and Reese...Reggie will play out this contract and he will not be extended (probably spin it to something positive like he is retiring).

With that said, I hope we win a championship and fully support our players who have committed to this program. Go Griffs.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Not Pretty... -- yogi, Sun, February 24 2019, 13:02:12

L82Griff. I could not agree more with all of your comments and observations. Unless things change, this program is a mess next year.Just a fact.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: Not Pretty... -- Hmm, Mon, February 25 2019, 17:42:38

Also need to look at other teams and what they are losing, to help judge next year. Some teams losing a lot more then the Griffs. Siena 5 seniors, 2 starting bigs Fisher and Degnan, plus another key 5th year player K.Smithen. Quinnipiac is losing C.Young and A.Bundu and 2 other seniors. Monmouth is losing starting big D.Quinn and another senior. Rider is losing a starter in A.Durham and another big, not to bad for them I guess. Iona loses R.McGill next year, he just hit 30 on us. But how are the Iona fans to feel when they have 9 juniors this year. They lose 9 guys after next season, maybe their fans might or should be a bit concerned. Yes Cluess loves the Juco route but 9 guys in 1 season is very risky. Niagara is losing 4 seniors, 3 starters. C.Barton, and 3 bigs M.Prochet, D.Robb and G.King. No need to do all teams you get the point.
Maybe this is why some griff supporters like our chances next year. I don't think things aren't as bad as some think they are. Yes we need to recruit. Also hope that the players we have right now are able to step up next year. Like Henderson, Rautins, Hadzic, Ford. I have to believe there are things in the works also when it comes to recruiting. Go Griffs! Beat Niagara!

[ Edit | View ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-10
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.