VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Sat, March 23 2019, 12:31:35
Author: Griffine
Subject: Nothing to root for anymore

Takal 's bailing is the last straw. But can't blame our best remaining player from wanting to play in a winning environment for a coach with motivational and leadership qualities. Our coaches are just not able to relate to our student athletes let alone generate loyalty. Failing to work with Reese to resolve his issues was sad. But losing Molson is unforgivable. Reggie's statement in the news was a farce, as someone else wrote it to suggest that two years of a talented player is all we can ever expect. With Reggie and Co. , that seems the case.

As we all watch the talented, motivated and well coached players at schools like Wofford, Colgate and Belmont in the tournament it's painfully evident that good coaches can assemble competitive teams at our level. Unless Canisius takes immediate action to overhaul its program and hire a Patrick Beilein or the like, we should move to D-III and be done with it. And I and other loyal alums can find another team to root for.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: Nothing to root for anymore -- BfloGriff, Sat, March 23 2019, 14:49:11

I've been reluctant to give up on Reggie. But the program suddenly seems to be failing while Siena and Niagara look like they're righting their ships and CC is sitting dead in the water and sinking fast. As I understood things when JB took the job he brought the powers that be at at Canisius to realize what a qualified head coach should be paid, the value of and necessity for a budget for sufficient compensation for the coaching staff, and other financial realities for running a successful mid-major basketball program.I also understood that the powers that be and some alumni made what needed to happen, happen. Does anyone here know the current budget after he retired? If CC goes D2 or 3 there will be nothing to distinguish it from from other area colleges without D1 sports, and the likely outcome will be IMO very negative consequences for the College. I have a terminal degree from UB, but I have never regarded SUNYAB with the fondness I have for CC. I have rooted for the Griffs, not the Bulls. This weekend my rooting interest changed, not because CC wasn't playing in the post season, but because my Alma Mater appears to be sinking into mediocrity rather than addressing the downward slide. What is happening in the men's basketball program is the most visible and public display of that. Let's Go Griffs? Saint Peter Canisius please PRAY FOR US!

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Nothing to root for anymore -- What a complete mess!, Sat, March 23 2019, 15:05:37

Sorry, but we should have got rid of this staff a year ago. You could see the writing on the wall after the loss to Quinnipiac in the tourney. Many of us wanted a change. Typical Canisius, hoping that things will get better vs. having a strategy in place or at least a contingency plan in place. Patrick to Niagara, WTF!? We should have been courting him for the last few years. Having another Beilein to follow the legacy his Pop and great uncle has done would send the right message to all of us with regards to vision and commitment. Losing Takal, is terrible! It makes us look like a complete joke to any local kid we’re trying to recruit. Nice job guys of losing another great player. Let’s pray that Malik stays.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Nothing to root for anymore -- yogi, Sun, March 24 2019, 13:15:45

Reggie’s statement in the News is embarrassing. What a stupid thing to say.

[ Edit | View ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-10
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.