VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Sun, March 24 2019, 15:28:01
Author: WNY basketball fan
Subject: UB NCAA

Wow. Way in over their head. Harris and Massinburg were invisible until mop up time. Really puts the difference in conferences etc. in perspective. Their defense stopped the Bulls in their tracks. They could not get looks, and when they did, thy could not hit their shots. Total mismatch.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: UB NCAA -- yogi, Sun, March 24 2019, 15:49:49

Expected much more out of UB. Total blowout. Commentators said they went over an hour without a basket with halftime etc. Hard to watch at times. No answer for Tech’s defense. They never saw that in the MAC. But great year overall.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: UB NCAA -- Griff Man, Sun, March 24 2019, 15:59:57

Great to see Oats eat some crow. He seems to have a high opinion of himself. On the bench tonight he kept shaking his head with no answers for the debacle.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: UB NCAA -- Griffin mike, Sun, March 24 2019, 17:42:58

Eat crow? Who was the last wny coach to win games in back to back tournaments?

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: UB NCAA -- Griff Man, Sun, March 24 2019, 16:26:33

Massinburg had 14 obscure points, made at mop up time. When the game was on the line , he was no where to be found. And Harris was AWOL. Poor Perkins was out there on an island.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: UB NCAA -- Griffhopeful, Sun, March 24 2019, 16:58:58

Yes- But YEARS, DECADES ahead of where we currently are at CC

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: UB NCAA -- Griffin mike, Sun, March 24 2019, 16:59:27

Then where does that put Syracuse and Arizona state? Tier 3?

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: UB NCAA -- alum, Mon, March 25 2019, 4:14:31

Hard to be critical of the UB men or women. Both went to the second round. For us, just more drama and frustration.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: UB NCAA -- Lighten Up, Mon, March 25 2019, 4:50:19

Cynical and bitter comments are not hard to detect on this thread with regard to UB . Texas Tech is a #3 seed , it's not as if they were playing Canisius or Niagara . I just don't get the bitterness toward UB , most likely stems from jealousy .

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: UB NCAA -- Griff35, Mon, March 25 2019, 8:57:50

I’m a Canisius and U.B. Grad, so root for both. Oats comments on multiple occasions about the Canisius U.B. game being Canisius’ biggest game of the year is condescending. Not rooted in jealousy, rooted in Oats being a jerk with comments like that. about an area school.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: UB NCAA -- GoldenGriff32, Tue, March 26 2019, 4:28:54

Griffs will be always number 1 in my heart but I am from Buffalo and growing up I would cheer for the other teams when they weren't playing the Griffs.Nate Oats makes it hard to cheer for UB. I have no problem cheering hard for their football team.Same with Bona they look down at Canisius and Niagara.Jealousy plays only a small part, Oats is my main reason for disliking UB. Reggie is our problem, he has lost the fans so bad that maybe 10 students are in the student section for most games.Kassius,Foley,Reese, Molson, who is next?

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: UB NCAA -- Ambivalent..., Mon, March 25 2019, 8:30:20

I haven't posted on this topic yet, but I feel like it now: UB's success is both good and terrible for WNY college basketball.

The good:
-UB's success helps with scheduling, attention, probably a little boost in recruiting.
-If they bought into playing more games at Key Bank Center, it would be a nice DH option.
-I enjoyed watching Beardon, Moss, Harris, Perkins, and Massinburg play over the last few years.

The bad:
-They're significantly outspending the rest of the Big 4 in Athletics. It's not just football; it's the staffing and infrastructure built on student fees and NYS taxpayers.
-Because they spend on media, have more to spend on staffing (salaries and more significantly on positions), game day experience, facility maintenance, etc. they can drown out the other three.
-Oats is not the good guy that the WNY media portrays him to be. His "Super Bowl" comments are tired and ridiculous.

I won't root against them unless they're playing Canisius or another team I like, but I'm also not going to buy a #HornsUP shirt any time soon either.

[ Edit | View ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-10
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.