VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Mon, April 15 2019, 8:28:28
Author: CNY GRIFF
Subject: Observations

+ Reggie’s winning % in conference is pretty good.
We’v finished in the top 2 the last two seasons.
Malik is still here.
- We’ve lost Isaiah and most likely Takal
There appears to be no decent recruits at this point.
For us to repeat challenging for a conference championship, guys like Hitchon, White, Henderson, Rautins and Hadzic will have to improve significantly.
The current coaching staff does not seem interested in improving student and alumni relationships. In fact, Coach Hawkins has impaired those relationships by threatening a season ticket holder, and having another season ticket holder removed for nothing.

Concerns: at the end of the Monmouth conference championship loss, Reggie was walking over to do the post game interview and started climbing over chairs, apparently to get to someone. It appeared King Rice was ready to accompany him. I have no idea what happened, but Reggie was upset. I hope that situation was dealt with.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: Observations -- GoldenGriff32, Mon, April 15 2019, 13:06:10

If this is true, you have to get him out of here. 2nd time today I read about potential violence. STH holder wrote Reggie's family threatened him. Hawkins seems like a real prize also. Do we cater to thugs now. God, I hope I don't yell at the players or coach next year.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Observations -- BfloGriff, Mon, April 15 2019, 13:19:40

I hope Reggie visits this board, realizes most of us who post here want him to succeed (although some of us are subject to mood swings),and that better outreach from the coaching staff would mean a lot to many of us. A good place to start could be perhaps a summer get-togther (coaches included of course) at Coles reminiscent of the Cage Club days to get acquainted. Maybe that could also revive the Cage Club and help get the program on the up swing again.I say again, ANY VOLUNTEERS?!!!!!.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Observations -- Cager, Wed, April 17 2019, 10:02:48

On the other hand, why did some moron have something to say to RW after the Monmouth defeat in the tournament. It must have been a remark that was uncalled for to get Reggie that upset. I think this issue is way overblown. Give the guy a break, and enjoy the games, and Go Griffs!!!

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Observations -- WTH, Mon, April 15 2019, 14:22:34

This is true, the MAAC Commish wasn't too happy about this. Terrible representation of poise & confidence. Let's hope that incidents like this are being addressed.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Observations -- Griffiti, Mon, April 15 2019, 16:49:57

A Canisius fan in the stands behind the media area appeared to be yelling critical comments to Reggie as he , King Rice, Anne the fat Commissioner were gathering for post game interviews. Reggie reacted angrily, trying to climb over seats to confront his critic who stood his ground. Thankfully, King Rice and others held Reggie back and avoied an embarrassing incident from becoming an ESPN story. O

This thin skinned attitude is unhealthy and makes it more apparent that our coaches were unwilling to reach out to Isiaih Reese to resolve his issues in a responsible manner.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: Observations -- GoldenGriff32, Tue, April 16 2019, 4:06:41

I hear a lot of talk in the media about someone wanting to become a dictator. I didn't think they were talking about Reggie. Canisius better hire a lot more security to work the games, so when someone yells at Reggie, he can just point and get that fan kicked out with minimal disruption. Maybe they can run a promo, where if Reggie kicks 10 people out of a game, the rest of the fans win a whopper at McDonald's

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: Observations -- CNY GRIFF, Tue, April 16 2019, 7:10:15

Thank you. I could not tell what happened but it was apparent that Reggie was upset. I couldn’t tell who he was upset with. I hope this incident and the Coach Hawkins incidents are not being swept under the rug.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Observations -- Franklin, Tue, April 16 2019, 15:02:57

I wish he would get upset about losing, in disappointing fashion, in post season tournaments annually.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Observations -- Spot on!, Wed, April 17 2019, 5:03:24

It would be nice to see this side of him.

[ Edit | View ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-10
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.