VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Fri, June 07 2019, 3:21:28
Author: o a
Subject: after all the hysterical and the sky is falling postings

about recruiting including california griffs tuesday post it looks like this could( of course you really never know for at least 2 years) be a really decent class, and rw still has one more ship available, which could be a redshirt, transfer, or fth year senior, personally i would like to see another big man

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: after all the hysterical and the sky is falling postings -- CNY GRIFF, Fri, June 07 2019, 8:11:27

I understand there is a possibility the RW will keep the one Scholarship for next year.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: after all the hysterical and the sky is falling postings -- Griff, Fri, June 07 2019, 15:30:32

I was actually told they are looking to fill #13. I'm thinking a transfer who can at least practice makes sense. Eddie Shannon ran the scout team point the second half of last year.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: after all the hysterical and the sky is falling postings -- Griff Man, Fri, June 07 2019, 9:01:20

You are right on. These are just names. Not getting excited . These players are available at a late date for a reason. Go Griffs.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: after all the hysterical and the sky is falling postings -- Griffer, Fri, June 07 2019, 15:45:52

People say they like this class. Really? They don’t know a thing about these players, nor how they will play. They are just names with a pictures of them. Let’s hope some of them can play and contribute. Go Griffs.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: after all the hysterical and the sky is falling postings -- Griff, Sat, June 08 2019, 3:57:03

I do agree to a point. But from independent sources, I've learned that from the group, Harried will be the best both immediately and down the road. From what I was told, most in the Baltimore area believed it was a given he'd go to Navy so he wasn't really recruited. Then whatever happened happened and Canisius got in at the right time and impressed both him and his father.

I've also heard that Brown is a great kid and a big man. No one really seems to know what happened at Northern Arizona but even the NAU people love him. He should be the first big guy off the bench and be a solid contributor.

It will be interesting to see if Brandon's scoring prowess transfers to a much higher level.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: after all the hysterical and the sky is falling postings -- L82Griff, Fri, June 07 2019, 11:57:24

Can you really say it’s a good recruiting class until you see them play? I mean I am pulling for them to be excellent, but there’s always the chance they flop.

One thing you are also failing to recognize is the fact that your (2) best players were chased away from the program by this staff. So unless they can perfectly replace those (2) players, you can fully argue they failed to get better.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: after all the hysterical and the sky is falling postings -- Amen L82Griff, Fri, June 07 2019, 17:06:37

Let’s hope our coaches are figuring out how to inspire, coach and build a team vs. running them off one by one.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: after all the hysterical and the sky is falling postings -- Program > AAU divas, Sat, June 08 2019, 3:24:00

Has anyone considered that Reggie is trying to build a program and long term culture at Canisius? Malcontents (like the two “stars” who left) can cause all sorts of trouble within the building process. Let’s face it... establishing things correctly won’t happen overnight on Main Street. Sometimes, it takes a staff a couple of full classes to really establish what they want. This isn’t Kentucky.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: after all the hysterical and the sky is falling postings -- WNY Griff, Sat, June 08 2019, 4:22:45

Are there any facts or inside information that the coaches “ran off” our two NBA wannabes?

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: after all the hysterical and the sky is falling postings -- They don’t get it., Mon, June 10 2019, 6:32:00

I’m sorry but this staff lacks the skills to recruit, motivate and connect with alumni. The above mentioned comments are correct and Reggie and his staff should have been held accountable.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: after all the hysterical and the sky is falling postings -- Robertson, Reese, Molson, Fan Interaction..., Sun, June 09 2019, 4:50:27

They were all all-conference players and Reggie ran them off. He put up "Do Not Disturb" signs behind the bench. He said his team hates playing at home. His lead assistant coach threatened fans. I know there are many sides to a story, but how is Reggie building a program acting this way?

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: after all the hysterical and the sky is falling postings -- left-coast griff, Sat, June 08 2019, 17:04:35

Molson had high-D1 talent, but was untouchable by most teams except his hometown club. We took a chance on him, he played great the first year, perhaps got selfish the second year, and now is where he would have been two years ago in the first place if not for the personal baggage that let him slip down to mid-major level.

It's a loss, but we never would have had him for two years under the usual circumstances.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: after all the hysterical and the sky is falling postings -- Griffer, Sun, June 09 2019, 4:56:22

Totally agree . Still surprised that Takal is leaving.Surely, he will miss his mother and family members who attended the home games and cheered him on.

[ Edit | View ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-10
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.