VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Mon, August 05 2019, 17:24:29
Author: Griff
Subject: 2019-20 Roster

PG - Malik Johnson - 5'10" - Senior
PG/2G - Majesty Brandon - 6'0" Junior
2G/SF - Jordan Henderson - 6'4" - Sophomore
2G - Sam Rautins - 6'4" - Sophomore
2G/SF - Armon Harried - 6'4" - Freshman
2G/SF - Akrum Ahemed - 6'5" - Freshman
PF - Jalanni White - 6'7" - Junior
PF/C - Scott Hitchon - 6'8" - Junior
PF - Corey Brown - 6'8" - Senior
PF/C - Dantai St. Louis - 6'8" - Senior
C- Ivan Hadzic - 6'9" - Sophomore
PF/C - Jacco Fritz - 6'10" - Freshman

*SF/PF - Malek Green - 6'7" - Transfer - Junior in 2020-21

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: 2019-20 Roster -- Old Griff Fan, Mon, August 05 2019, 17:46:38

Six players never played Division 1 basketball...counting Sam and Ivan..they hardly played....Young team..
A year away watch for them....the sophomores and freshman can shoot the ball...give them time

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: 2019-20 Roster -- Griff72, Tue, August 06 2019, 12:08:09

Hopefully the young guys can play and develop into very good players but I don't want to assume this year is only for them to develop, Malik Johnson can be a first team Maac player and lead from the point, both offensively and defensively, if White and Hitchon continue to improve and Brandon and Brown contribute immediately that would be a good group of experienced players to carry the young guys , in the Maac anything can happen and I would be surprised if we are not competitive in league play, I think Reggie will preach defense and rebounding with this group and we have a chance to be very good doing each, I just think Johnson at point gives us an advantage over most, maybe all of the maac teams and we should build on that, Go Griffs!

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: 2019-20 Roster -- Linwood Larry, Fri, August 09 2019, 17:53:45

I like this recruiting class. First there was bitching about RW not recruiting anybody but then it was a player after player get. So lets wait and see. I am hopeful and like what I see.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: 2019-20 Roster -- Let’s see,., Sat, August 10 2019, 18:33:58

Everyone will have their money on Iona & Siena and who knows perhaps we sneak into the top 3rd by the end of Feb. The MAAC Tourney and not finishing teams off and beating Niagara has been this regimes downfall.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: 2019-20 Roster -- BfloGriff, Sun, August 11 2019, 9:31:15

Siena?

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: 2019-20 Roster -- Yes, Siena, Mon, August 12 2019, 2:17:08

They won’t be a sleeper. They have had a great year recruiting. Give them credit even after losing their coach, the Siena basketball ball brand is very strong. Canisius should needs to do the same, continue to build the brand.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: 2019-20 Roster -- CNY GRIFF, Mon, August 12 2019, 9:36:55

Didn’t one of their star recruits just announce he was transferring?

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: 2019-20 Roster -- CNY GRIFF, Mon, August 12 2019, 9:41:43

Sloan Seymour, Thomas Huerter and Khalil Richard all transferred.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> Re: 2019-20 Roster -- Hmm, Tue, August 13 2019, 12:06:45

Siena's brand is strong because of the venue and the fan support. Makes it easier to recruit with 3k-6k or more, fans in the seats each game. That being said, I like the Griffs team and recruits more. Siena lost a lot more then they gained. This is Pickett's last year there so they will be giving it all they got, and will be tough to play against. Siena is good at home, drop off a lot on the road. Griff's should finish ahead of Siena this year IMO.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: 2019-20 Roster -- BfloGriff, Wed, August 14 2019, 2:42:11

But CC also lost our two best players unexpectedly and prematurely. I also like our recruiting class.

[ Edit | View ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-10
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.