VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Sat, November 02 2019, 13:32:12
Author: Griff
Subject: Thoughts gathered...

while wondering whatever happened to Marvin Bailey.

Interesting that RW started all 5 newcomers today. They were understandably jittery and fell behind early. Vets seemed just as out of sorts coming off the bench. Not until late in the first half did they start to distance themselves from a pesky McMaster team that has played 11 games already.

As for the new guys - Majesty Brandon is a natural scorer, handles it well, and defends well. Despite maybe being 6'0", it's really surprising he didn't have more offers leaving Monroe CC. I liked Harried a lot (minus his free throw shooting). Very athletic and really plays hard. Ahemed not far behind in my eyes. These two are interchangeable and will be fun to watch for hopefully 4 years. Fritz was a major surprise. Agile, coordinated, handles it, good hands, plays hard. Needs to add some much needed weight and muscle over time but he has a very high ceiling. Corey Brown will help up front. A big body, not overly athletic but is physical.

Vets - Malik had a little bit of an uncharacteristic day. McMaster pressed hard all day and Malik struggled a few times. In his defense, I also think there were guys many times out of position as he spent a lot of time directing and correcting them. Hitchon struggled in just 13 minutes. Didn't seem himself. Have to wonder how much he is still recovering from off-season knee surgery. White had one of his all too familiar lackadaisical days. Has so much talent and potential but I just don't get how up and down he continues to be. Hadzic was a pleasant surprise. Looks to be in much better shape and did some good things. Never going to be the most athletic guy on the floor but is a big body who plays hard and I think can contribute this year. St. Louis didn't play until the last three minutes of the game. Stepped out of bounds on his first touch and didn't record anything statistically.

Henderson (who I think will have a big year) and Rautins were held out with lower body injuries. Malek Green (sitting out his transfer year) was on the bench and certainly looks the part. He should be a big help next year. Apparently, no one shined at the walk-on tryouts last week as there weren't any.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: Thoughts gathered... -- Griffine, Sat, November 02 2019, 15:21:45

OK... for the negatives: sloppy play overall with 55 turnovers (32 them, 23 us).

Our outside shooting was bad—- 4 of 20 in 3’s. Brandon 2 of 3, the rest 2 of 17

Foul shooting was truly atrocious especially in the 2nd half. (9 of 17)

Jalanni White plays in a trance. No energy or effort

The Good: Aggressive defense by Malk (5 steals and many forced TO’s)

Positive contributions from Jacco who is an excellent passer and fits well in the floor game

Majesty is a natural scorer Reminds me of Harold Washington and Dewitt Doss. Unfortunately he was the only Griff hitting shots beyond the paint

Malik is a great leader on the floor although he struggled in getting the team good looks in our half court game

Akrum is incredibly athletic and talented going to the hoop. But seems to have a lousy outside shot

Armon is solid and has a decent shot but was awful (1 of 7) in
FTs

Hitchon didn’t do much but looked good in his post moves and aggressiveness

Corey Brown is serviceable but not a dominant inside player

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-10
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.