VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Wed, November 06 2019, 5:24:16
Author: TV
Subject: Griffs will need to play their best to beat Brown

https://brownbears.com/news/2019/11/5/mens-basketball-andersons-23-points-game-winning-basket-leads-brown-over-bryant-73-71.aspx

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: Griffs will need to play their best to beat Brown -- BBD, Thu, November 07 2019, 15:26:34

Yes they will need to play a great game and play as a team to win. Need to rebound better this year and also limit turnovers. If they do that this first game, it's a winnable game for sure. Go Griffs!

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Griffs will need to play their best to beat Brown -- griffine, Fri, November 08 2019, 9:18:48

Let's hope our new kids play better than those at Syracuse and Bona in their opening games. Atrocious shooting by both leading to embarrassing homecourt losses.

Malik's leadership is the key to success this year as he is very vocal and forceful on the floor on both ends of the court. I was impressed with Majesty's discipline on offense and his intensity on defense,and with the surprisingly mature play of Armon, Akrum and Jacco. Let's hope that our bigs come to play hard and crash the boards.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Griffs will need to play their best to beat Brown -- Griff72, Fri, November 08 2019, 8:53:23

Brown beat a good Bryant team in their opener, at Bryant, which lost last night to Rutgers at Rutgers by 2, Brown beat us last year in ot, it will be a difficult first game for Griffs and will require a lot to go right for us to have a shot at winning, may come down to which team shoots the ball better, I would expect our defense and rebounding to be better than last year and hopefully that keep us in most games, will be interesting to see how newcomers do, especially Brandon, go griffs

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Griffs will need to play their best to beat Brown -- Cager, Mon, November 11 2019, 8:44:40

A disastrous five minute stretch at the start of the second half doomed the Griffs. It had to be poor defensive play, allowing Brown to hit several open 3's, and easy inside buckets. Meanwhile, the Griffs were being held scoreless, and guilty of a few unforced turnovers. Down by 18 , they did manage to cut the lead to 3 with about 2 minutes remaining. I only watched the second half, and it appeared that the problem area for the Griffs was the lack of an inside game, and poor three point shooting. Disappointed in the play of Jalanni White. I don't think Hitchon played in the 2nd half, and I wonder if he was injured. Hope the team plays better at Albany. Go Griffs!!!

[ Edit | View ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-10
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.