VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Wed, December 18 2019, 15:19:29
Author: Griff
Subject: This is Really Bad!

Not sure I have ever seen a team so out hustled and beat up on the boards. Absolutely awful.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Got Better... -- Griff, Wed, December 18 2019, 16:45:49

but too little too late. Wish they had gone to the zone earlier.

Some observations -

*Jacco has either hit a wall or been figured out. Went from being the second coming to a total non-factor in a matter of weeks.

*White remains a total enigma. Wait! Am I really typing this again???

Armon and Akrum didn't respond well to tonight's better competition.

*Henderson really struggled. Why does Brandon not play more?

*Hitchon was a complete beast tonight but I can't help to believe that something s going on with his situation moving forward - and I hope I'm wrong but... Back to the Holy Cross game. Scott's dad was noticeably upset with his minutes.
RW then took him out, walked with him as he went to the end of the bench, clapping the entire time, ending with a BIG clap and then looked over at Hitchon's dad. Tonight Scott was out of his mind and in his post-game presser, RW said something to the effect of "He did a good job. I hope it helps him moving forward". Odd.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Got Better... -- CNY GRIFF, Wed, December 18 2019, 17:07:27

We know that Scott,Jordan and Jacco struggled with knee soreness having played 3 games in 4 days in Boca. Don’t know if that has anything to do with Jordan’s poor shooting tonight, Jacco’s disappearance, or Scott’s minutes. White has the talent to be All-MAAC, but apparently doesn’t have the heart.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: Got Better... -- Jalanni, Wed, December 18 2019, 18:16:44

The kid has all the talent but doesn’t appear to be enjoying the game and makes no effort to step it up when we need his leadership.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: Got Better... -- Griff man, Thu, December 19 2019, 10:17:18

Jalanni White has to be the softest player I have ever seen.He does not want to mix it up with the big boys.He almost never goes to the hoop offensively.There is no fire or desperation in his game.He just lopes around in a trance.Dunks on much smaller Holy Cross players last game proved nothing.He was invisible last night. And he is a junior!What a waste of ability.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Got Better... -- NBF, Wed, December 18 2019, 22:17:40

Hitchon was a beast and needs to play as much as possible. If he's tired, take him out for a minute or 2 not 8,9,10, minutes or more. He should be taking 6 or more 3's every game if possible. Probably the best 3 point shooter on the team. The next game is huge. Siena at home will be tough. Will need a better team effort in the next game to win. Go Griffs!

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: This is Really Bad! -- California Griff, Wed, December 18 2019, 17:49:55

Wow. Nothing encouraging about this post. Reggie’s rotations are frequently totally baffling. Often the reward for a good game or a hot run in a game is a seat on the bench. At least he appears to have stopped starting St. Louis!!!

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: This is Really Bad! -- Cager, Thu, December 19 2019, 8:07:50

First half drought was the killer. Griffs up 8-2, then it seemed like an eternity before we made another basket. Once the Bulls established a double digit margin it was all over. Fortunately the Griffs avoided an embarrassing showing with a much better second half. Hard to win when out rebounded 50-33. Playing small they got the lead down to a single possession. Henderson must be still recovering from knee surgery going 1 for 7 from beyond the arc. Rautins not dressed. What is his problem? I wonder if Spencer Foley has any eligibility left. Go Griffs!!!

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: This is Really Bad! -- Franklin, Thu, December 19 2019, 8:10:08

You can't go 9 minutes between baskets! Had numerous chances to extend early lead or not allow UB to build an 11 point halftime lead. Too many empty possessions

When Hitchon got his second foul, I thought he should of stayed on the court. He had 17 pts in 8 minutes and was the only Griff doing anything on offense in the 1st half.

White sleepwalked his entire time on the court. Really disappointing. Henderson will never play another 32 minutes as poorly as he did last night. If any of his play was hampered by his knee, then shame on Reggie for playing him so much. Numerous times when Reggie turned to signal a kid off the bench to get in the game I thought "about time you sit Jordan," only to see him remain on the court. How could coaches not notice his play?

Disappointing loss and not just because it was vs a local rival. Disappointing because that game was there for the taking. On to Siena.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: This is Really Bad! -- BigWhiskey, Thu, December 19 2019, 8:15:26

White should sit the bench for the majority of minutes each game. He is timid and looks lost.

Not sure what took so long for Reggie to implement a zone defense last night. For 3/4 of the game, the swiss cheese man-to-man defense was giving up easy layups and dunks. I was hollering for a zone defense before the first half ended.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: This is Really Bad! -- Linwood Larry, Thu, December 19 2019, 14:46:00

Hitchon played 24 minutes - a little over half the game - and scored 29 points. This one's easy - play him!!! I remember when he signed up from Canada and a number of us expressed that he was basically a total unknown. Well, now we know.

Play him!!!

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: This is Really Bad! -- Griff, Thu, December 19 2019, 18:55:13

I agree that he needs to play more - if physically capable of doing so at this point. But he was far from an unknown. Actually, he's probably the best recruiting win of any guy on this current roster. Niagara, Iona, Quinnipiac, Drexel and Rider were very involved. It ultimately came down to Canisius and Siena. Hitchon was a big signing.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: This is Really Bad! -- Realty Check, Fri, December 20 2019, 11:26:19

All of this points to the Griffs having a long season ahead.We are a poor shooting team, and the freshmen do not appear to be good enough to contribute much against quality opponents. To say nothing about our lack of rebounding and interior defense. Play Johnson,Hitchon, and Brandon as much as possible, and hope the rest can fill in somehow. Go Griffs.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: This is Really Bad! -- Hmm, Fri, December 20 2019, 13:04:17

I agree Hitchon signing was huge. He's probably the most under utilized impact player in recent Griff history. Only got him because of Larry Blunt, a friend ship they made while they were both at Athlete Institute in Orangeville Canada. Actually surprised Hitchon didn't go with coach blunt to Drake. Says something about the kids loyalties after signing, he didn't bail on the Griffs. Hope he is healthy and ready to go and will finally get the minutes he deserves. If he's tired take him out for a couple minutes then get him back in there. Eventually each game he should be able to play more until he's at 30 plus a game like Fritz. The 24 minutes he played last game was the most he's played all year, in a single game. Averaged 14 minutes a game until last game. I hope 24 minutes is the least he plays per game going forward, fouls permitting. Go Griffs! Beat Siena!

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> Re: This is Really Bad! -- Hmm, Sat, December 21 2019, 7:31:58

Hopefully the reason Hitchon wasn't playing a lot was do too he was still recovering from injury. Seems OK now, as a fan I want to see him on the floor. Better chance of winning games. Hitchon seemed OK for the last 3 games or so. Hope he is ready to go for the rest of the year. Go Griffs! Beat Siena!

[ Edit | View ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-10
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.