VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Sat, February 08 2020, 7:00:08
Author: Cager
Subject: Re: What a Frickin' Joke
In reply to: Hadzic 's message, "Re: What a Frickin' Joke" on Sat, February 08 2020, 4:52:03

I have a question for Griff. For some reason last evening I was unable to watch the game on ESPN3. Did anyone else have the same problem? With 5 second left, and down by a point, and Rider calling a timeout, could someone explain the final play. I just can't understand why those two big guys were involved. Griff, please don't give up. In a few short weeks it will be over. The Griffs still have 8 games to play, and with the league so down anything can happen. I"m hoping that Johnson can somehow inspire his team mates to play with some passion, and win several of the remaining games. We're not a last place team. Go Griffs!!!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> [> Re: What a Frickin' Joke -- Griff, Sat, February 08 2020, 8:23:55

Cager - I didn't have an issue getting the game on ESPN 3. Anyone else?

As for the final play, all I can guess is that with Rider only having committed 3 team fouls in the second half, the Griffs coaches believed they would foul 3 consecutive times, essentially running the clock out. So they inbounded it to Hadzic who then attempted to pass it just past half court to Corey Brown. Again, my guess being that these would be the two guys Rider wouldn't be smothering and looking to foul instantly. They were right about that part but the pass and attempted catch/advancement of the ball failed miserably and Rider got an easy steal to run out the last second.

Bottom line to the whole thing is that you can't foul the guy taking the 3 with 6 seconds left.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> Re: What a Frickin' Joke -- OLD GRIFF FAN, Sun, February 09 2020, 4:26:07

Totally agree with you Griff,any one else getting the inbounds would have gotten fouled.The Griffs had a chance to put the game away prior to Rider getting the ball back for the 3 pointer.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-10
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.